sg
✟216,933.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I dont know anyone who believes that doesnt believe Jesus preached in Isreal, or that there was not a remnant out of Isreal whic was saved and out of the same went to the Gentiles.

Matthew 15:24 has a stronger implication than just "Jesus preached in Israel"

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟216,933.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. Jesus didn’t offer the kingdom to the Jews and another plan to the gentiles. All are one in Christ Jesus, and gentile believers enter the kingdom, too.

Colossians 1:13, Acts 14:22, and Paul, the apostle to the gentiles, preached the kingdom in Acts 28:31.

Being born again of the Holy Spirit is for all believers in Jesus, Jew or gentile.

The OT plan was that gentiles were to be saved thru the rise of Israel (Isaiah 60:1-3)

But what happens when Israel refuse to believe in Jesus as their Messiah?

How will the gentiles then be saved?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There are 2 births and 2 deaths...a physical birth (flesh) and a physical death...a spiritual birth and a possible spiritual death. To see or enter the Kingdom, you must have the spiritual birth...Yeshua said His kingdom was not of this world. Nakdimon was a pharisee and they believed in a resurrection, that is why Yeshua said He was surprised, that Nakdimon, being a leader in Israel, did not understand what He was telling him. Read closely what Yeshua actually says...John 3:8-13...He then speaks on Eternal life...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The OT plan was that gentiles were to be saved thru the rise of Israel (Isaiah 60:1-3)

But what happens when Israel refuse to believe in Jesus as their Messiah?

How will the gentiles then be saved?

Have you read the NT?

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just read Matthew 15:24 literally, without all these paraphrasing.

I had already posted that in #14 and you keep chasing me around over it as if I don't get that Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of the house of Isreal.

It was a little comical to watch

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟216,933.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had already posted that in #14 and you keep chasing me around over it as if I don't get that Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of the house of Isreal.

It was a little comical to watch

You claim you are saying that, but then you agreed with Chad who was against that statement.

So what do you really believe, only you will know.

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You claim you are saying that, but then you agreed with Chad who was against that statement.

So what do you really believe, only you will know.

I don't know who Chad and if Chad is against a scripture then I dont agree with this Chad not agreeing with that scripture.

Unless you are talking about Mindlight who you first brought out that verse to. Since that post you have been shaking around that verse as if I have a problem with it, its very strange, I quoted it.

Do you do this often?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟216,933.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know who Chad and if Chad is against a scripture then I dont agree with this Chad not agreeing with that scripture.

Unless you are talking about Mindlight who you first brought out that verse to. Since that post you have been shaking around that verse as if I have a problem with it, its very strange, I quoted it.

Do you do this often?

Born again (born from above)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But I already said, by the time Acts 7 came along, Israel refuse to arise and shine.

So what will happen to the unsaved gentiles?

Acts 26:23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

What happens to anyone who is unsaved, you ask strange questions.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟216,933.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 26:23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

What happens to anyone who is unsaved, you ask strange questions.

As I said, Gentiles were to be saved thru Israel's rise, according to OT prophecy. Until Israel rise, no gentiles could be saved.

You are ignoring that order.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Being born again means you have been born again by the Holy Spirit and your inner person has been created again, you are a new creation. The body on the outside looks the same, but the inside is completely new.

The memories of being the old person persist since you remain in the same body, but that's not you.

People tend to get born again before baptism, (in my experience) but sometimes during baptism since a testimony is involved.

Not all church members are born again, not all people self identifying as Christians are born again by the Holy Spirit. The ratios provided in the bible indicate it is always a small number every generation, and it's not who you would expect.

^ This

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Being born again is an experience that virtually all people do not remember. I remember mine although when Christ came to me and changed my heart it was a long time ago so I don't remember the specific details.

But anyway, when a person is born again the Holy Spirit comes to live inside of that person forever. You can tell who is born again and who is not by their actions and by personally knowing that person before they claim to have been regenerated.

I personally was a thief, liar, and con artist who stole money from a lot of people, including my parents and family. I had no remorse and I generally hated people in general and people hated me. I was eventually caught plead guilty because I knew I would get a lesser sentence if I did and served my time in prison. However, that person is a thing of the past, my family and friends have noticed the changes in me and I generally get along with people a lot easier than I did before. I have love for people and my brothers and sisters that I will be spending eternity with one day. I still remember the horrible things I did to my family, friends, and strangers. But that person was crucified with Christ and I slowly learned to forgive myself and to be able to talk about it.

But anyway, you can tell if someone is regenerated or not by their words and actions. If they do not want to serve God, take God's salvation for granted, claim all of their sins are forgiven so they don't have to do anything but just sit on their behinds than odds are, their claims are not legit. But, if you see a major life change in the person, if they're kind people who are spreading the gospel to the whole world and not caring about whether they're going to live or die, If God is leading and guiding them than odds are, what they have to say is true.

Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0

Butterball1

Dec 31, 2020
Tennessee
✟32,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  1. What does it mean to be born again?
  2. Is there any difference from the normal experience of baptism?
  3. Are all Christians born again?
SCRIPTURES:
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’
John 3:3-7

Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, 23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever, 24 because

“All flesh is as grass,
And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass.
The grass withers,
And its flower falls away,
25 But the word of the Lord endures forever.”
1 Peter 1:22-25
The new birth consists of 2 elements; water and Spirit.
The role the Spirit plays in the new birth is the Spirit in His word instructs men on what man needs to do to be saved. Those then that follow those instuctions will have been born again, begotton by the word James 1:18; born again by the word of God 1 Peter 1:23; begotten thru the gospel 1 Corinthians 4:15. The role of water is water baptism. When one is water baptized God does the work in removing the body of sin (Colossians 2:11-13), the old man of sin dies, is buried in a watery grave then one is then raised up from that water grave a new creature to walk in newness of life (Romans 6:3-5).
Titus 3:5 Paul spoke of a 'washing of regeneration". Regeneration refers to the new birth and there is a washing that takes place in this new birth. The underlying Greek word for 'washing' is loutron and refers to a laver of water, a water baptistry. Loutron is also found in Epehsians 5:26 a "washing of water by the word", another reference to water baptism.

Last edited:
Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0