Born again Atheist here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neilius73

"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matthew 10:28, quoting Jesus)

"You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?" (Matthew 23:33, quoting Jesus)

"But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!" (Luke 12:5, quoting Jesus)

Universal salvation is a lie. Abandon it.As I've just proven to you, Jesus didn't teach that. Please don't embarrass yourself trying to change the defintion of "hell." It's a lie.
Universal salvation is a lie, abandon it?

Everyone thats had a nde will tell you your wrong(unless its a tele-evangelical nde like Liar Ian McCormack)

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Universal salvation is a lie, abandon it?

Everyone thats had a nde will tell you your wrong(unless its a tele-evangelical nde like Liar Ian McCormack)

n stands for near ;)

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm sorry you feel this way. People look at the status quo "christians" today and see them living like the rest of the world. But its not "all" of them. Some of the church has turned apostate- turning their backs on God. This isn't Gods fault - but their fault and they will be judged by God. Again, not all of the church. A christian is a christian if their actions dedicate this. A person can say many things but Christ looks at their actions not words. A horse is a horse because it acts like one. A duck is a duck because it acts like one. Hopefully you will do some research and homework and find out otherwise concerning christianity on an intellectual basis even though its is a spiritual decision. But some people no matter what you tell them they have made up their mind because it "feels better". Its an individual decision. And sometimes people look at others and say "oh, they are hyprocrites" - this is just an excuse.

Gods creation didn't come by accident. His creation is way more complicated than the car you are driving.

Biblical Evidence – This is a very small amount of information
out of large amounts of information out there.

Internal Evidences-Prophesies that are confirmed with Bible;

mentioning only a few – but there are hundreds.

Life of Christ
The Tribe of Judah, Gen. 49:10, Luke 3:23-28
(Genesis was written 4004 BC to 1689 BC)
(Luke’s time period is 60-70 AD)

Royal Line of David, Jer 23:5, Matt 1:1
(Jeremiah 760 to 698 BC)/(Matthew 60-70 AD)

Born of a Virgin, Isaiah 7:14/Matt 1:18-23
(Isaiah 760 to 698 BC)/(60-70 AD)

Rise of Empires
In the book of Daniel, Chapter 2 – four kingdoms are described in the interpretation
of the dream of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon: Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greek – Daniel 8:21, 10:20/ and a fourth great kingdom to follow which was part iron and clay – which is the
Roman Empire – during this empire, Christ came and the church was established – Daniel 2:44.

Historical Accuracy

The Bible is loaded with historical statements concerning events of hundreds of years ago, yet
none of them has been proven to be incorrect.
(Bible compared to other ancient documents)
New Testament – starts at 25 years – between the original and surviving copies
Homer- starts at 500 years/Demosthenes – at 1400 years/Plato – at 1200 years/
Caesar – at 1000 years

Number of Manuscript Copies

New Testament – 5,686/Homer – 643/Demosthenes – 200/Plato – 7/Caesar – 10

Consistency – Written by 40 men over a period of time exceeding 1400 years, and has no
Internal inconsistencies.

Claim of Inspiration- It claims to be spoken by God, 2 Tim 3:16-17). No other religious book makes such claims.

External Evidences

(Prophesies Outside the Bible)
These cities were prophesied to be destroyed and never to be built again- and they haven’t.
Niveveh – Nahum 1:10, 3:7, 15, Zephaniah 2:13-14
Babylon – Isaiah 13:1-22
Tyre -Ezekiel 26:1-28

Bible before Science

He hangs the earth on nothing – Job 26:7
(Job was written at least 1000 years ago – some scholars think it could have been even 3000
years ago)
Note: Man only knew the above for 350 years.
Earth is a sphere – Isaiah 40:22/Air has weight – Job 28:25/
Gravity – Job 26:7, Job 38: 31-33/Winds blow in cyclones, Eccl 1:6

Documents that Prove Bible is True

Gilgamesh Epic, The Sumerian King List, Mari Tablets, Babylonian Chronicles

Archealogical Evidence (Still adding to this list today- it hasn’t stopped)
Excavations of Ur, Location of Zoar, Ziggurats and the foundation of Tower of Babel

***Also, you may want to read Evidence That Demands A Verdict by Josh McDowell (it would stand up in court concerning biblical evidence). Also, www.reasons.org - science and belief. Examine the Evidence by Muncaster (a former athiest) and The Real Jesus by Lee Strobel (a former athiest).

Not all religions are equally correct either because they are all fundamentally different. Thus, they can't all occur at the same time. Ha, I gave you enough to read if you choose this. Its all between you and your Maker.

Upvote 0

VCViking

Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel...
Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If there is a building, then there must be a builder. If there is a creation, then there must be a creator.

Where did matter come from?

Will you go to Heaven?

Here's a quick test. Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, or used God's name in vain? Jesus said, "Whoever looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery already with her in his heart." Have you looked with lust? Will you be guilty on Judgment Day? If you have done those things God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart. The Bible warns that if you are guilty you will end up in Hell. That's not God's will. He sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross for you. Jesus took your punishment upon Himself -"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Then He rose from the dead and defeated death. Please, repent (turn from sin) today and trust in Jesus, and God will grant you everlasting life.

Upvote 0

peacefulfire

sparks all around me!
Jan 16, 2008
the Planet Earth
Visit site
✟15,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If there is a building, then there must be a builder. If there is a creation, then there must be a creator.

Where did matter come from?

Will you go to Heaven?

Here's a quick test. Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, or used God's name in vain? Jesus said, "Whoever looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery already with her in his heart." Have you looked with lust? Will you be guilty on Judgment Day? If you have done those things God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart. The Bible warns that if you are guilty you will end up in Hell. That's not God's will. He sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross for you. Jesus took your punishment upon Himself -"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Then He rose from the dead and defeated death. Please, repent (turn from sin) today and trust in Jesus, and God will grant you everlasting life.
I don't know if I will go to Heaven, until I die. I don't know where matter came from... I don't think anyone knows 100%. I think some people think they know. I love the mystery of it all. :)

Upvote 0
N

neilius73

I'm sorry you feel this way. People look at the status quo "christians" today and see them living like the rest of the world. But its not "all" of them. Some of the church has turned apostate- turning their backs on God. This isn't Gods fault - but their fault and they will be judged by God. Again, not all of the church. A christian is a christian if their actions dedicate this. A person can say many things but Christ looks at their actions not words. A horse is a horse because it acts like one. A duck is a duck because it acts like one. Hopefully you will do some research and homework and find out otherwise concerning christianity on an intellectual basis even though its is a spiritual decision. But some people no matter what you tell them they have made up their mind because it "feels better". Its an individual decision. And sometimes people look at others and say "oh, they are hyprocrites" - this is just an excuse.

Gods creation didn't come by accident. His creation is way more complicated than the car you are driving.

Biblical Evidence – This is a very small amount of information
out of large amounts of information out there.

Internal Evidences-Prophesies that are confirmed with Bible;

mentioning only a few – but there are hundreds.

Life of Christ
The Tribe of Judah, Gen. 49:10, Luke 3:23-28
(Genesis was written 4004 BC to 1689 BC)
(Luke’s time period is 60-70 AD)

Royal Line of David, Jer 23:5, Matt 1:1
(Jeremiah 760 to 698 BC)/(Matthew 60-70 AD)

Born of a Virgin, Isaiah 7:14/Matt 1:18-23
(Isaiah 760 to 698 BC)/(60-70 AD)

Rise of Empires
In the book of Daniel, Chapter 2 – four kingdoms are described in the interpretation
of the dream of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon: Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greek – Daniel 8:21, 10:20/ and a fourth great kingdom to follow which was part iron and clay – which is the
Roman Empire – during this empire, Christ came and the church was established – Daniel 2:44.

Historical Accuracy

The Bible is loaded with historical statements concerning events of hundreds of years ago, yet
none of them has been proven to be incorrect.
(Bible compared to other ancient documents)
New Testament – starts at 25 years – between the original and surviving copies
Homer- starts at 500 years/Demosthenes – at 1400 years/Plato – at 1200 years/
Caesar – at 1000 years

Number of Manuscript Copies

New Testament – 5,686/Homer – 643/Demosthenes – 200/Plato – 7/Caesar – 10

Consistency – Written by 40 men over a period of time exceeding 1400 years, and has no
Internal inconsistencies.

Claim of Inspiration- It claims to be spoken by God, 2 Tim 3:16-17). No other religious book makes such claims.

External Evidences

(Prophesies Outside the Bible)
These cities were prophesied to be destroyed and never to be built again- and they haven’t.
Niveveh – Nahum 1:10, 3:7, 15, Zephaniah 2:13-14
Babylon – Isaiah 13:1-22
Tyre -Ezekiel 26:1-28

Bible before Science

He hangs the earth on nothing – Job 26:7
(Job was written at least 1000 years ago – some scholars think it could have been even 3000
years ago)
Note: Man only knew the above for 350 years.
Earth is a sphere – Isaiah 40:22/Air has weight – Job 28:25/
Gravity – Job 26:7, Job 38: 31-33/Winds blow in cyclones, Eccl 1:6

Documents that Prove Bible is True

Gilgamesh Epic, The Sumerian King List, Mari Tablets, Babylonian Chronicles

Archealogical Evidence (Still adding to this list today- it hasn’t stopped)
Excavations of Ur, Location of Zoar, Ziggurats and the foundation of Tower of Babel

***Also, you may want to read Evidence That Demands A Verdict by Josh McDowell (it would stand up in court concerning biblical evidence). Also, www.reasons.org - science and belief. Examine the Evidence by Muncaster (a former athiest) and The Real Jesus by Lee Strobel (a former athiest).

Not all religions are equally correct either because they are all fundamentally different. Thus, they can't all occur at the same time. Ha, I gave you enough to read if you choose this. Its all between you and your Maker.
Thanks for putting so much effort in this post. However, I no longer have a bible to cross-reference the verses of scripture that you cite. If i did, i would do so.

Upvote 0

peacefulfire

sparks all around me!
Jan 16, 2008
the Planet Earth
Visit site
✟15,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for putting so much effort in this post. However, I no longer have a bible to cross-reference the verses of scripture that you cite. If i did, i would do so.
yeah I hear ya, bibles are hard to come by these days. oh well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BustedFlat

All Glory goes to God
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2007
Houston Texas
Visit site
✟49,791.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

GregoryTurner

Ezekiel 33
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2006
USA
✟57,748.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Blue Letter Bible

E-Sword Project

There now you have not only bibles but also commentaries, dictionaries and support material to rival most seminaries.
I appreciate this post because I am now in Inductive Bible study class and cannot afford all the dictionaries, etc etc that I would like to have to gain a better understanding of the text and their content:) Thank you:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

BustedFlat

All Glory goes to God
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2007
Houston Texas
Visit site
✟49,791.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know if I will go to Heaven, until I die. I don't know where matter came from... I don't think anyone knows 100%. I think some people think they know. I love the mystery of it all. :)

I know that I know that I know that I will go to heaven, for Jesus gave me his word:

Joh 10:2-4
(2) But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
(3) To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
(4) And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.

Joh 10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

Joh 10:26-30
(26) But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.[2]
(27) My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
(28) And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
(29) My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.
(30) I and My Father are one."

Renewed Efforts to Stone Jesus

You always know when Jesus said something very important 'cuz the Pharisees pick you stones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How are you now, dude? What's been happening?

God put you on my heart today, so please know He hasn't left you. He'll use people to reach you, because you loved Him once, and I really believe He misses us when we turn away from Him. That's not to say you should return to Him out of guilt - return to Him out of adoration and love. He's more than worthy of it :)

When I was struggling, you helped me out some. If you saw a Christian that was drowning the way you appear to be, you would have done anything you could to help them up. That was Christ living in you and working through you.

The anger you're bringing here isn't who you are and it leaves me with a question: honestly, if atheism is the answer, why are you so unhappy?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0
N

neilius73

How are you now, dude? What's been happening?

God put you on my heart today, so please know He hasn't left you. He'll use people to reach you, because you loved Him once, and I really believe He misses us when we turn away from Him. That's not to say you should return to Him out of guilt - return to Him out of adoration and love. He's more than worthy of it :)

When I was struggling, you helped me out some. If you saw a Christian that was drowning the way you appear to be, you would have done anything you could to help them up. That was Christ living in you and working through you.

The anger you're bringing here isn't who you are and it leaves me with a question: honestly, if atheism is the answer, why are you so unhappy?

:hug: :hug: :hug:
I never said I was unhappy.

Now that ive had time to think about things, I realise that i was harsh in my opening post on this thread.

Upvote 0
A

Anti Existance

Stuff the hearafter, and concentrate on life NOW, because a life lived in anticipation of the hearafter isnt a life at all, in fact, its a form of death worship.

You know these are beautifull words, it reminds me very much of this simular quote

Think for yourselves, or let others do the thinking for you

Religion in the (pyramid style) came actually from an european Island, small as it was the people needed organisation in order to get things done, at night in gatherings priests would tell about angry entities in the stars that would bring great misfortune if project x wouldn't be build, these fear speeches induced the people to work together and get goals achieved. When all the trees on this island were gone, the people left this island ,went to certain area's in Europe and what is now known as the land of Egypt, but... they brought their religion with them. And what do we think of them now? We see them silly for being so striken down by fear that was induced by their religion, but we look at the consequenses of how crazy people can be driven by religion. Today is worse because many kill themselves or others in the name of God.

If you see all the bloodshed and abuse in the bible its not so strange to think ill of it,or to become an atheist. But seeing how many people had (near) death experiences (i also have seen an angel myself) i know that God exists. Its just very different then what we think of it.

God does NOT interfere with us on many things because we have free will, wars are MAN made, God doesn't want these things but its up to humanity to stop them. We need to choose differently and choose for our own happyness.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.