ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Suffer the consequences? What consequences?
Eternal Damnation

not only that but lack of any real purpose in life. Being a former atheist I can assure attest to the faulty reasoning to ethics or porse that comes from a naturalistic world view.

Upvote 0

BustedFlat

All Glory goes to God
Supporter
Feb 4, 2007
Houston Texas
Visit site
✟49,791.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please keep the rules in mind.

Sharing of information about one's beliefs, for instance by quoting Bible verses or witnessing, is encouraged. Honest debate and discussion regarding the existence and nature of God is allowed and welcome.

Upvote 0

GregoryTurner

Ezekiel 33
Supporter
Aug 6, 2006
USA
✟57,748.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I did, and what i read and find in the world falls short of my expectations of God.
There is a war in the world right now of ideoloies, both sides of which are the same bad penny, namely, fundamentalism.
Atheists are the most despised folk on earth, because they do not cowtow to the almighty rich churches that seek to control, dominate, and take 10% of everything one earns, for the rest of ones life, all because it was YOUR FAULT that you were born.
I can agree to some of this post to an extent. I had to find myself a church that was not hung up on money or legalism and the like. Seems you may have had a bad experience maybe?

Upvote 0

NoDoubt

Just another member
May 14, 2015
✟12,672.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Actually, I was agnostic when i first joined, i changed to christianity because it seemed right at the time, now after thinking about it, my intellect transcends christianity because im more intelligent than that.
i am going to invite a friend to subscribe and I hope he does because i think he will have much to contribute here...

On a side note...OP..;) I lost my job, my health, my marriage, my finances, my family pretty much gave up on me...my brother commited suicide a few months ago because he was so bitter about his life.

I CAN'T do that because I love God and I cannot and will not ever....EVER turn my back on Him. Sorry there's a bit of a language barrier here (french) but you get the message....I am not stupid I have a high IQ high educaion..science maths etc... doesn't stop me from believing in God....NEVER ever will I leave Him and there's a scripture that says that once you have seen that, well you cannot turn away...

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Gee, what a topic, shows up one morning, almost pulls the traffic from the entire CF site, gets shut down for repairs, and now it’s off again!

Anyway onto dissecting the op, but in a quick fashion since it‘s late.

Ive finally decided to open my mind and realise that there cannot be a God, in the religious sense of the word.
You said “atheist” in the topic title, does this opening statement give a hint that you believe in some sort of god force that exists but is not entirely conscious of it’s surroundings in and of itself? That’s not really atheism, a-theism means no god. But you say “religious” sense, sounds more like new age thought you are injecting here. How much do you really know of this new belief system you are professing here, because an atheist would not confess a god or God in any sense of the word. Sounds like you are mixed up.

The problem really is though, you may be mixed up with what you want to believe, but what you say you did believe, seems to be all mixed up there too. There is no reason for anyone to be mixed up, the bible says ‘study to show yourself approved‘, and when people don’t, well they get mixed up, sometimes contributing to or from a false conversion.

Because any bible student would profess, that there is a ton of evidence for the existence of God, so much in fact, that it takes MUCH more faith to believe otherwise. I just don’t have that sort of faith, to have the absolute truth in my face and think it not to be true and exchange it for something else that has no proof. It simply is statistically impossible that there is no God, the evidence is just too overwhelming that not only there being a God, but that God is the God of the bible, the one that inspired the writing of the bible and moved the hands of those that put the words down.

It all makes sense now, and such a burden of wether or not there is or not is removed as it no longer clouds my thinking.
Emotional response. As a guy I have trouble with understanding this. I rely on my analytical mind to take in the evidence and come to a logical and scientific conclusion from what is presented. After all, God created the sciences, and His hand writing is in every pure science ever revealed to man. I’m no teenage girl to toss reason out and rely on an emotional response to drive my decision making.

The universe is a very beautiful place that doesnt need to be explained. It just is.period.
More emotional responses. I really doubt that you are an atheist at this point, this just makes no logical sense, sorry. If you follow astronomy at all, the discovered complexity of the universe is just overwhelming. When technology was so incapable of revelation many years ago, theories were often all they had, but now those theories are so out of place compared to the vast complexity of the discovered universe, that it takes real faith not to recognize that it had to be created. And of course creation needs a creator. It would be like dropping a piece of led out of a plane and upon striking the ground it is damaged in such a way that it becomes a fine tuned Swiss watch, that’s how impossible it would be if the universe just happened for no reason.

I wish the rest of mankind would wake up to the fact that religions are run by an elitist few to control the many. Also all of the newage jazz is just another moneyspinner; for example, whenever i go to a website with a paypal donation sign, when the website is supposed to be about someone or some organisation that is already rolling in money, i smell a rat, unfortunately they still make money out of the gullible and uneducated.
Atheism is a religion!
aaa.jpg

Here, I’ll fix your statement.

I wish the rest of mankind would wake up to the fact that atheism is run by an elitist few to control the many. Also all of the failed theories are just another moneyspinner they are still pushing; for example, whenever i go to a evolutionist website with a paypal donation sign, when the website is supposed to be about someone or some organisation that is already rolling in money, i smell a rat, unfortunately they still make money out of the gullible and uneducated.

So, in closing, i'd like to say; Stuff the hearafter, and concentrate on life NOW, because a life lived in anticipation of the hearafter isnt a life at all, in fact, its a form of death worship.
Do not worry about tomorrow, today has enough worries of itself. Know where that is in the bible? Like I said, you seem to have not done your studies, have become mixed-up. There may be a chance you never really knew the gospel, never really listened but to just a part and walked on by to scratch you ears with other things said, and that this is just another fad movement for you as many other do in the same regard. Maybe if you really studied Christianity and looked at all the proof, asked the Holy Spirit of God to reveal Jesus to you, you may just find what is true today, that Jesus is Lord and true conversion is required.

I’ll take Godly wisdom over the peace of this world, any day of the week. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
How many have done this regarding knowing the truth about Hell? You would know the truth if people were really seeking God for wisdom on it.
You mean other than the 162 times hell is mentioned in the NT, and 70 of those spoken by Jesus? Jesus spoke more of hell and the eternal torment of damnation to it, than He mentioned of heaven. Does that mean heaven does not exist either?

Upvote 0

scjohnson1973

My lifeguard can walk on water!
Dec 31, 2007
Pennsylvania
✟251,063.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Please leaving God is a big mistake. I mean you may have some fun living without God but its going to end someday. And you can have a good life believing in God.
Amen brother! It is fun to walk with God and if you have faith you always know he is there. People need to stop denying God's existance. It says in the latter days that people will fall away from God and that's a real shame because God loves everyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
It is not eternal. You need a spiritual revelation of the scriptures and not just a literal one from just reading with no Holy Spirit. As does most.

It is not everlasting forever at all.

You have been fooled by those who slipped that in there centuries ago. You need to ask God for wisdom on the scriptures.
Umm I’ll pick literal with the Holy Spirit (God) over some form of “spiritual” interpretation that says opposite of what is written. Basically, that is spiritualizing oneself right out of bible understanding into something else. What are your beliefs, Universalism? or Conditional Immortality with annihilationism? Or is this some new spiritualization of scripture?

Bible says to reason from scripture, not spiritualize it into a pretzel that can not be understood for even the average person. Try reading where Jesus talked of hell those 70 times (that were recorded) using various words for it. You seem more intent on labeling everyone "carnal" which means "not Christians", rather than looking up those many passages with a concordance. Maybe I should read your posts the same way you are reading the bible? How much sense would that make, as if you are REALLY saying you fully support the existence of hell as it literally reads in the bible? Then why do that to the word of God??

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Read my other posts.

Good night.
Your other posts were not directed towards me. You initiated a direct conversation with me at post #90. I asked a direct and specific question to you via a reply, not your other posts or conversations with other posters. Wasn't a tough question either, annihilationism or universalism. If you don't believe in the existence of hell, I think those two choices are all that are left.

You have been fooled by those who slipped that in there centuries ago.
And what do you mean by “slipped it in”? Was God incapable of keeping the word that He delivered in His own blood, from being corrupted in spite of man’s shortcomings? You would think that with such a God that knows all things and is all powerful, He would have had the power to keep the bible pure to today, so to bear testament of His awesome power. Removing hell is a big deal, from any translation, it takes away from the gospel, it changes everything. Scripture interprets scripture, it is simply the infallible word of God, kept by His power. Every time someone tried to disprove it, such as through archeology or historical records, they were proven wrong.

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think God ever tried to draw people with the threat of eternal damnation? This is something religion does and not God. Scripture does not even show any instances of it. Jesus does not either.
"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matthew 10:28, quoting Jesus)

"You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?" (Matthew 23:33, quoting Jesus)

"But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!" (Luke 12:5, quoting Jesus)

Universal salvation is a lie. Abandon it.
Eternal Damnation is a myth and lie.
As I've just proven to you, Jesus didn't teach that. Please don't embarrass yourself trying to change the defintion of "hell." It's a lie.

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Read my other posts.

Good night.
And by the way, don't ever again flame spam my rep comment box the way you did. Tell you what, I'll put you permanently on ignore, and you put me on ignore as well. :sick:

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And by the way, don't ever again flame spam my rep comment box the way you did. Tell you what, I'll put you permanently on ignore, and you put me on ignore as well. :sick:
It seems he did that to a lot of us. Me too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GregoryTurner

Ezekiel 33
Supporter
Aug 6, 2006
USA
✟57,748.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
May I ask the person who is challenging people to pray and fast having the Holy Spirit reveal things to him to please read what the fruit of the spirit is and then challenge people? There is no fruit of the Spirit in your posts so how can anyone take your thoughts seriously?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.