Born again Atheist here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neilius73

Hey folks!

Ive finally decided to open my mind and realise that there cannot be a God, in the religious sense of the word.
It all makes sense now, and such a burden of wether or not there is or not is removed as it no longer clouds my thinking.

The universe is a very beautiful place that doesnt need to be explained. It just is.period.

I wish the rest of mankind would wake up to the fact that religions are run by an elitist few to control the many. Also all of the newage jazz is just another moneyspinner; for example, whenever i go to a website with a paypal donation sign, when the website is supposed to be about someone or some organisation that is already rolling in money, i smell a rat, unfortunately they still make money out of the gullible and uneducated.

So, in closing, i'd like to say; Stuff the hearafter, and concentrate on life NOW, because a life lived in anticipation of the hearafter isnt a life at all, in fact, its a form of death worship.

Peace.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm a Christian, and I know some people try to make money of it.

I'm not sure but I think there is a bible verse about some people in the last days trying to profit themselves out of Christianity.

Upvote 0
N

neilius73

I'm a Christian, and I know some people try to make money of it.

I'm not sure but I think there is a bible verse about some people in the last days trying to profit themselves out of Christianity.
That is very true. The Christianity of today doesnt resemble what Christ taught at all. And yes, I accept that im no longer a christian.

Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Tales of a Twice Born Man
Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey folks!

Ive finally decided to open my mind and realise that there cannot be a God, in the religious sense of the word.
It all makes sense now, and such a burden of wether or not there is or not is removed as it no longer clouds my thinking.

The universe is a very beautiful place that doesnt need to be explained. It just is.period.

I wish the rest of mankind would wake up to the fact that religions are run by an elitist few to control the many. Also all of the newage jazz is just another moneyspinner; for example, whenever i go to a website with a paypal donation sign, when the website is supposed to be about someone or some organisation that is already rolling in money, i smell a rat, unfortunately they still make money out of the gullible and uneducated.

So, in closing, i'd like to say; Stuff the hearafter, and concentrate on life NOW, because a life lived in anticipation of the hearafter isnt a life at all, in fact, its a form of death worship.

Peace.
Sorry that you didn't dilligently study further . . .

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is very true. The Christianity of today doesnt resemble what Christ taught at all. And yes, I accept that im no longer a christian.
I don't know if there is a bible verse, but you can expect people to do that in the end times.

There is always going to be bad people.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think you should come back to Christianity :)

Seriously if you come back now maybe you can still be a Christian. :)

Well I think that you can lose your salvation forever.. Not sure.

Reactions: Cris413
Upvote 0
N

neilius73

Sorry that you didn't dilligently study further . . .
I did, and what i read and find in the world falls short of my expectations of God.
There is a war in the world right now of ideoloies, both sides of which are the same bad penny, namely, fundamentalism.
Atheists are the most despised folk on earth, because they do not cowtow to the almighty rich churches that seek to control, dominate, and take 10% of everything one earns, for the rest of ones life, all because it was YOUR FAULT that you were born.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mathetes the kerux

Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did, and what i read and find in the world falls short of my expectations of God.
There is a war in the world right now of ideoloies, both sides of which are the same bad penny, namely, fundamentalism.
Atheists are the most despised folk on earth, because they do not cowtow to the almighty rich churches that seek to control, dominate, and take 10% of everything one earns, for the rest of ones life, all because it was YOUR FAULT that you were born.
Sounds like you gave Christ the "heave ho" without even dilligently seeking the answers . . .

what i read and find in the world falls short of my expectations of God.

Do you mean "word" or "world"? If you meant what you wrote . . . then herein lies the problem.

Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if a Christian can lose their salvation, there is bible verses that seem to say you can't.

So I guess you are going to heaven anyways?
There are a couple that do . . . but if this guy "de-converts" so-to-speak, then he really never believed in the first place.

Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if there is a bible verse, but you can expect people to do that in the end times.

There is always going to be bad people.
Yes it is called the great apostasy.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are a couple that do . . . but if this guy "de-converts" so-to-speak, then he really never believed in the first place.
A couple that do lose their salvation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hebrews 3:14 - For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end. ~ Note: That also is conditional security of being in Christ. If we hold steadfast to the end implies that one can possibly not do it, and fall. You may be confident in Christ now, but the word if is a big word. It means that you could not have that partaking of Christ at the end. So be careful and </B>hold on</B>. The word for confidence also means that which has foundation, is firm, that which has actual existence, the substantial quality - nature of a person or thing, the steadfastness of mind, firm trust, assurance. So are you sure that you have actual existence of abiding in Christ and that you are set free from the bondage of sin? If you are not sure, then you have no firm trust nor assurance. If you are sure, then keep abiding in Christ steadfast to the end.

Seems like people who believed in God can fall away to me.

Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"The god of the old testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction.
Jealous and proud of it, a petty and unjust control freak, a vindictive bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser, a mysoginistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal,genocidal, philicidal,megalomaniacal, sadomasicistic,capriciously malevolent bully."

Richard Dawkins
That is so straw man . . . a person who could state such doesn't understand the Scripture nor God. And as for Dawkins . . . he has an a priori bone to pick . . . so I don't think his comments hold much objective weight (at least as far as discrediting Christianity goes).

Just once I would like to see someone who has a GOOD grasp on doctrine and Scripture who can characterize Christianity RIGHTLY come with something tangible . . . it always seems to be false representations and strawmen arguements that really have no clue as to what is really true concerning Scripture or orthodox doctrine . . .

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Please leaving God is a big mistake. I mean you may have some fun living without God but its going to end someday. And you can have a good life believing in God.

Reactions: Lightbearer3
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.