Border Patrol Snipers were Authorized to Fire on George Floyd Funeral if Violent Erupted

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You’re fine with “kill them if you have to”?
If the rioters are threatening the lives of Gov. Tim Walz, Sen. Amy Klobuchar, or Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey? Yes, I am fine with "kill them if you have to".

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you sure that's the same event?

There were at least 3 services for Floyd, one in Minneapolis, one in N. Carolina (I think?), and one in the Houston area. The article was about the Texas service and the politicians in your list are all from Minnesota.
I will get back with you.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you sure that's the same event?

There were at least 3 services for Floyd, one in Minneapolis, one in N. Carolina (I think?), and one in the Houston area. The article was about the Texas service and the politicians in your list are all from Minnesota.

Among the attendees were Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner, Sen. Amy Klobuchar, actor Kevin Hart, rappers Ludacris and Master P, and civil rights leaders, the Rev. Al Sharpton and the Rev. Jesse Jackson, the outlet said.
https://nypost.com/2020/06/08/thousands-pay-last-respects-to-george-floyd-at-houston-church/

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is not okay? Assuming that the snipers were there to put down rioters for rioting and not because they were providing necessary security for the political VIPs?
I have never heard of a sniper team used to put down a riot in the US. That is a tactic Syria used, and that didn't go well for them.

If that sniper team was used to put down a riot and it got out, it would be a PR nightmare.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
If that sniper team was used to put down a riot and it got out, it would be a PR nightmare.

It's also not like the bullets are wearing little badges that you can see. If you thought there was chaos before, just wait until the crowd thinks they're in a sequel to the MGM Grand shooting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,243.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I understand having “rules-of-engagement” already in place so that, if the funeral turned into a riot, armed LEO’s would already be “prepared” to “use whatever force necessary” to “restore the peace”, is generally considered “a good thing”...

What I object to is the assumption that this (violent riot) might occur.

It smacks of these “people are animals, be ready to ‘put them down’.”

Where on earth do you get these kinds of patently ridiculous conclusions? Where is your evidence that your last statement would be anything but absurd?

Upvote 0