• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Border Patrol in Maine Arrest Illegal Laborers based in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by Alien Lotus, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Alien Lotus

Alien Lotus Member

+191
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+8,360
    Christian
    The proper word is Democratic, not the grammatically incorrect epithet.

3. Cimorene

Cimorene ·   ˚ * .     Supporter

+4,149
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
  4. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+2,902
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    Uh why wouldn't the border patrol be aware of the section of the USC they are responsible for enforcing?

5. Alien Lotus

Alien Lotus Member

+191
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I did not refer to the border patrol in my post.

6. Alien Lotus

Alien Lotus Member

+191
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    That's a months old story.
    "The Trump Organization, however, denies any prior knowledge of the employees' immigration status. In a statement, the business insisted that it has the proper protocols in place to comply with wage and labor laws, and that the undocumented employees submitted fake identification in an attempt to secure employment."

Workers at Trump golf course allege labor violations | Katz Melinger PLLC

It isn't Trump's responsibility. That's why there are managers and security personnel.
    2011 police report shows Trump Bedminster head of security was told of worker's possibly false documents

7. Cimorene

Cimorene ·   ˚ * .     Supporter

+4,149
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
    So what it's a month old story? For decades Trump's properties hired illegal immigrants. Of course they denied prior knowledge. No duh, dude. This is Trump. I think it would require an extraordinary level of gullibility to expect that man to take accountability. But of course it's his habit to shirk responsibility. The buck never stops with him, does it? E-Verify was available for many yrs but Trump's organization failed to use it until the media shown the spotlight on the number of illegal immigrants they hired, the abusive conditions they were subjected to, and finally, finally thanks to the media they started using it. ETA - Trump was also huge on giving out short-term visas for cheaper labor for his properties. Then the workers would overstay the visas.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  8. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+2,902
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    The story you posted is about the Border Patrol and your thread title specifically names the Border Patrol. If you were not talking about the Border Patrol then your entire OP is a non sequitur

9. Alien Lotus

Alien Lotus Member

+191
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    You are confused.
    The OP article is about the border patrol of course. However the comment I made concerning your post asking why wouldn't the BP be aware of the U.S. code was not relevant to my observation concerning Congress and the U.S. code.
    Perhaps read again before jumping to conclusions.

10. Alien Lotus

Alien Lotus Member

+191
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    You're actually mocking yourself and don't realize it. See your post #3.

11. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+2,902
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    You started your post by being grateful that " law enforcement in Maine" was aware of title 8. That's what I was referring to. It made no sense you were praising Border Patrol for knowing the laws that they are responsible for enforcing. I didn't even address your contention that Democrats in House weren't aware of the Title 8, because the article you linked had nothing to do with Congress, and you didn't provide any indication that the House isn't aware of what the current state of immigration law is.