Border patrol agents overwhelmingly support Trump's wall

Do you trust the border patrols opinion?

• Yes

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And exactly what are the Democrats offering now answer one big fat zero no compromise whatsoever obstruction.
M-Bob
It's always adorable when people who support President Trump complain about "Democrats just aren't willing to compromise!". Democrats were willing to compromise, President Trump decided he didn't like what everyone else agreed to so he kicked over the table called everyone names and went to Mar-A-Lago to play golf. Now that all those temper tantrums of his are coming home to roost, he's trying to play the martyr card. To which I say: good luck with that. :D
tulc(is having a lot of fun this year!) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It's always adorable when people who support President Trump complain about "Democrats just aren't willing to compromise!". Democrats were willing to compromise, President Trump decided he didn't like what everyone else agreed to so he kicked over the table called everyone names and went to Mar-A-Lago to play golf. Now that all those temper tantrums of his are coming home to roost, he's trying to play the martyr card. To which I say: good luck with that. :D
tulc(is having a lot of fun this year!) :oldthumbsup:

I've noticed that to Trump, "compromise" means give Donald everything he wants. Must be that famed art of the deal, where you don't make any deals and whine a lot.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And Bob, the article you posted is from APRIL of last year. You know, I can post an older article too that would clearly contradict the one you posted in your OP. Here's an article from March 2018.

What Border Agents Say They Want (It’s Not a Wall)

I guess this narrative of "the border agents supports Trump's wall" doesn't include all the border agents involved in securing the border. And there's also this article dated four days ago.

Trump’s use of border agents for wall pitch raises legal, ethical questions
Ah, so the OP is a falsehood. Shocking.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Please keep up on the latest Trump news.
He has been stating for days now that a fence would probably work in many areas.

Weird, he claimed the exact opposite during the campaign.

Then again, he also promised that Mexico would pay for the wall so who know what he really believes.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's always adorable when people who support President Trump complain about "Democrats just aren't willing to compromise!". Democrats were willing to compromise, President Trump decided he didn't like what everyone else agreed to so he kicked over the table called everyone names and went to Mar-A-Lago to play golf.

I thought this time he stayed in DC, moped around the White House and tweeted how tough he had it.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Yes, they are the (experts in the field) and they support Trump's wall.
M-Bob

Border Patrol agents back Trump wall, survey finds
In a survey conducted by the National Border Patrol Council, the agents’ union, they overwhelmingly supported adding a “wall system” in strategic locations, embracing President Trump’s argument that it will boost their ability to nab or deter would-be illegal immigrants.
Trumps signature promise wasn't to construct a wall system in strategic locations, it was to build one continuous wall stretching from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific - financed by the Mexicans!

As usual Trump just keeps moving the "goalposts" in an effort to keep his critics on the defensive!

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟903,554.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, they are the (experts in the field) and they support Trump's wall.
M-Bob

Border Patrol agents back Trump wall, survey finds
In a survey conducted by the National Border Patrol Council, the agents’ union, they overwhelmingly supported adding a “wall system” in strategic locations, embracing President Trump’s argument that it will boost their ability to nab or deter would-be illegal immigrants.

I drive a car. Therefore I am an expert on automobile design.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What’s so hard to understand? There will be a concrete, steel, aluminum, invisible or bamboo fence, or barrier which will be new, additional, upgraded or repaired stretching some width of the Mexican border manned by Border Patrol, military or somebody else with night vision and day vision who most likely will be a legal resident or citizen of the US not actively on parole.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What’s so hard to understand? There will be a concrete, steel, aluminum, invisible or bamboo fence, or barrier which will be new, additional, upgraded or repaired stretching some width of the Mexican border manned by Border Patrol, military or somebody else with night vision and day vision who most likely will be a legal resident or citizen of the US not actively on parole.

You forgot a solar wall.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, WE do not. Simply working somewhere does not make someone an expert.

I like to see a link that proves your point.

I was an equipment technician for the City of San Diego we knew more about the job than (anybody else.)
M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟903,554.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I like to see a link that proves your point.

I was an equipment technician for the City of San Diego we knew more about the job than (anybody else.)
M-Bob

Did your work as an equipment technician give you the expertise to create a federal level standard for all repair shops? Did it give you the expertise to create co-ordination, staffing, and procedures for all shops nationwide?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did your work as an equipment technician give you the expertise to create a federal level standard for all repair shops? Did it give you the expertise to create co-ordination, staffing, and procedures for all shops nationwide?

We were the experts where we worked and the city of San Diego is a big place.

Now if you have some equipment that needs to be repaired who are you going to call except for an Equipment Technician?

If you want to know which tools are needed in the field to do the job who would you talk to except for and Equipment Technician?

If I wanted to know something about brain surgery who would I ask except for a brain surgeon?

This ain't rocket science!
If I wanted to know something about rocket science who would I call except for a rocket scientist?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We were the experts where we worked and the city of San Diego is a big place.

Now if you have some equipment that needs to be repaired who are you going to call except for an Equipment Technician?

If you want to know which tools are needed in the field to do the job who would you talk to except for and Equipment Technician?

If I wanted to know something about brain surgery who would I ask except for a brain surgeon?

This ain't rocket science!
If I wanted to know something about rocket science who would I call except for a rocket scientist?

M-Bob

There's a small-picture vs big-picture distinction that you're sadly missing. Your examples for the equipment tech are small-picture and are fine, but your other examples flirt with the big picture and have big-picture implications that you obviously didn't anticipate.

That depends. What do you want to know about it? Do you want to know where to make an incision or do you want to know the long-term efficacy of a particular procedure. Those are two very different questions that could warrant asking two entirely different people. If you want to know where to make the incision, then yes, you would ask the surgeon. But if you want to know whether the surgery is worth doing in the first place, then the surgeon may not be the best person to ask since s/he is likely not doing any sort of rigorous data collection regarding efficacy, survival rates, etc. To answer that sort of question, you'd be better off asking a researcher.

Questions about the design and construction of a border wall are more big-picture than what the average BP agent would be able to answer.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There's a small-picture vs big-picture distinction that you're sadly missing. Your examples for the equipment tech are small-picture and are fine, but your other examples flirt with the big picture and have big-picture implications that you obviously didn't anticipate.

That depends. What do you want to know about it? Do you want to know where to make an incision or do you want to know the long-term efficacy of a particular procedure. Those are two very different questions that could warrant asking two entirely different people. If you want to know where to make the incision, then yes, you would ask the surgeon. But if you want to know whether the surgery is worth doing in the first place, then the surgeon may not be the best person to ask since s/he is likely not doing any sort of rigorous data collection regarding efficacy, survival rates, etc. To answer that sort of question, you'd be better off asking a researcher.

Questions about the design and construction of a border wall are more big-picture than what the average BP agent would be able to answer.

Okay I see where you are coming from so here's your big question?

Regarding protecting the border and Border safety who do you recommend for us to get some advice from? Who would you call the expert?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay I see where you are coming from so here's your big question?

Regarding protecting the border and Border safety who do you recommend for us to get some advice from? Who would you call the expert?
M-Bob

Policy analysts, probably top-level people at DHS and the State Department, maybe DOJ too. Somebody with access to a larger dataset than what the average BP agent has.

Upvote 0