Border patrol agents overwhelmingly support Trump's wall

Do you trust the border patrols opinion?

• Yes

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, they are the (experts in the field) and they support Trump's wall.
M-Bob

Border Patrol agents back Trump wall, survey finds
In a survey conducted by the National Border Patrol Council, the agents’ union, they overwhelmingly supported adding a “wall system” in strategic locations, embracing President Trump’s argument that it will boost their ability to nab or deter would-be illegal immigrants.

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
M-Bob

In a survey conducted by the National Border Patrol Council, the agents’ union, they overwhelmingly supported adding a “wall system” in strategic locations, embracing President Trump’s argument that it will boost their ability to nab or deter would-be illegal immigrants.

I had this nightmare the other night where the Mexican mafia kept trying to kill me. And for some people that's not just a dream it's a reality. The border is there for a reason. It's clearly how they get drugs into the country. It's not just about refugees. I think the media has spent a lot of effort to change the wall issue into something else. Cheers :)

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟317,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
M-Bob

The key words here are "in strategic locations." That is not Trump's wall. There are already plans put in place during the Bush and Obama administrations to repair existing barriers and build further walls where they will be of use (also known as "strategic locations"). These walls are already funded and still being built.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I had this nightmare the other night where the Mexican mafia kept trying to kill me. And for some people that's not just a dream it's a reality. The border is there for a reason. It's clearly how they get drugs into the country. It's not just about refugees. I think the media has spent a lot of effort to change the wall issue into something else. Cheers :)

Good point and the Mexican Mafia has done a lot of damage here in San Diego and actually now they're spreading out throughout the United States -- Border Protection is a good idea at least to slow them down.

No wall or anything is going to stop everybody and everything but we had better try to slow it all down. The wall will definitely do that.
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,196,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I put "undecided" just because there was not option for "sometimes" or "it depends".

Saying that a border patrol agent is the ultimate expert on immigration solutions sort of implements the flawed thinking that's in place when people who were in the military (as enlisted men or lower ranking officers) suddenly act as if their opinion is more valuable than the average person when it comes to foreign policy.

Now, some may have done the research and reviewed the options, but it's possible that some could very well just have their overall perspective skewed based on their own personal experience.

Much like an officer in the inner city is going to have a different view on things than an officer who spent their entire career in a peaceful suburb, the same is going to be true for just about any law enforcement profession.

Of course, I have my doubts as to whether or not the people saying "I trust them, they're the ultimate authority on the matter" would still be doing so had they been on the side opposing their political icon.

The fact that they reject the consensus opinion of people in the field on matters like healthcare, education, and climate science...but now suddenly want "professional opinion of those in the field" to be valued above all other opinions (because it happens to side with Trump) is a bit conspicuous.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good point and the Mexican Mafia has done a lot of damage here in San Diego and actually now they're spreading out throughout the United States -- Border Protection is a good idea at least to slow them down.

No wall or anything is going to stop everybody and everything but we had better try to slow it all down. The wall will definitely do that.
M-Bob

I used to live in San Diego too and was once attacked by a mafia member. Luckily I made it out alive. He tried to beat me up, but didn't pull a gun. Cheers :)

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
M-Bob

That's not the Great Wall of Trump. What you describe is what the Democrats want to do. What you have done is to provide documentary evidence that the Border Patrol support the Democratic position, not Trump's.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The key words here are "in strategic locations." That is not Trump's wall. There are already plans put in place during the Bush and Obama administrations to repair existing barriers and build further walls where they will be of use (also known as "strategic locations"). These walls are already funded and still being built.

That's not the Great Wall of Trump. What you describe is what the Democrats want to do. What you have done is to provide documentary evidence that the Border Patrol support the Democratic position, not Trump's.

So, the border agents (experts in the field) DON'T overwhelmingly support "Trump's wall" but a wall system that was already put into place by previous administrations and NOT by Donald Trump.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟129,457.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Border patrol probably has a good idea about how to stop people who cross on the ground. Great!

What I don't trust border patrol for:

Any sense of the cost/benefit to stop illegal immigration. It's border patrol's job to enforce migration laws at the border. They would be out of a job if the rest of us decided it didn't matter. It's up to all of of us to determine the costs and benefits of enforcement and make that decision. And border patrol agents do not usually have any particular job expertise in cost benefit analysis.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,196,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I made this analogy in another thread, but it's worth repeating here.

Trump (and his supporters) want the wall for the same reason high school aged guys want those loud fart-can exhausts on their '02 Honda Civics. It's not because it makes it work any better...it's because it's a brash, "in your face" gesture that draws attention and one they think conveys some sort of "toughness", and they get their jollies from knowing that they're annoying people they don't particularly care for.

Anytime you hear someone staunchly advocate for the wall, just imagine this video, and it basically represents their mindset:

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
So, the border agents (experts in the field) DON'T overwhelmingly support "Trump's wall" but a wall system that was already put into place by previous administrations and NOT by Donald Trump.
That's about it. Poor Mountainmanbob has been taken in by his own side's propaganda, that Democrats want completely open borders that anyone can walk across at any time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
M-Bob

Nice to see Mr. Trump getting some labor union support.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's about it. Poor Mountainmanbob has been taken in by his own side's propaganda, that Democrats want completely open borders that anyone can walk across at any time.

Only proves that walls are a good thing.

You all think you know me but you don't.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
M-Bob

And Bob, the article you posted is from APRIL of last year. You know, I can post an older article too that would clearly contradict the one you posted in your OP. Here's an article from March 2018.

What Border Agents Say They Want (It’s Not a Wall)

I guess this narrative of "the border agents supports Trump's wall" doesn't include all the border agents involved in securing the border. And there's also this article dated four days ago.

Trump’s use of border agents for wall pitch raises legal, ethical questions

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟317,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
1. No one is saying that it would not help the Border Patrol do its job. Aside from the original solid concrete 30 ft wall proposal, it's not going to make their job any more difficult at least. The issue is that its helpfulness is limited, and it's very expensive. There are other measures that can be taken (already discussed multiple times in this thread and others) that would help more for less money.

2. Again, he's talking about walls in "strategic locations" - like the San Ysidro Port of Entry. I don't think you'll find a single reasonable person who does not agree that there should be a sturdy wall there.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0