Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Stephen Miller isn't a democrat. He worked for Trump. And he thought it was a good idea for political reasons. Thought you knew.

Surely Biden making campaign promises to open the border

He did? Let's take a look...
One, Governor Abbott has referred to what is happening at the border as open borders, as us having an open borders policy. That is absolutely incorrect. The border is not open. The vast majority of individuals apprehended are encountered at the border continue to be denied entry and are returned under Title 42 as we’ve also mentioned.
Psaki: Biden Does Not Have an Open Borders Policy

Abbott was not always like that. I was shocked to hear him lie about the administration's policy. He's apparently worried about a primary opponent, if he doesn't lie about it. The Trump corruption damages every republican who doesn't disavow him.

and giving illegal immigrants a path to citizenship has nothing to do with the problem.

That's what Ronald Reagan thought.

His opportunity came in the form of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. After years of being afraid of encountering immigration officers, years of being away from his family, years of low-wage jobs, finally he had a chance. In 1986, President Ronald Reagan signed IRCA into law. A friend told me once, you live in the United States because of a Republican president.
Immigrants helping to fight coronavirus deserve path to citizenship

Now, millions of American citizens in the future will say that they live in the United States in spite of the republicans. Fortunately for republicans today, Ron isn't still around. It wouldn't be pretty.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump blamed everything on someone else. He's never taken responsibility for anything he's messed up. Never in his life.

Then joe is just a copy cat - the question is he copy catting Barack Hussein, or Trump. Doesn't seem to be his own man.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Then joe is just a copy cat

Let's take a look at that...
Biden admitted that his support for the 1994 crime bill was a mistake as some prosecutors used it as a means of imprisoning people by race for longer periods of time.
Joe Biden Admits 1994 Crime Bill Was a 'Mistake' During Town Hall

But as you know Trump never admits messing up; he always blames someone else. Biden is quite capable of manning up and admitting his mistakes. Trump has never been man enough to do that.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stephen Miller isn't a democrat. He worked for Trump. And he thought it was a good idea for political reasons. Thought you knew.

One, Governor Abbott has referred to what is happening at the border as open borders, as us having an open borders policy. That is absolutely incorrect. The border is not open. The vast majority of individuals apprehended are encountered at the border continue to be denied entry and are returned under Title 42 as we’ve also mentioned.

Abbott was not always like that. I was shocked to hear him lie about the administration's policy. He's apparently worried about a primary opponent, if he doesn't lie about it. The Trump corruption damages every republican who doesn't disavow him.

His opportunity came in the form of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. After years of being afraid of encountering immigration officers, years of being away from his family, years of low-wage jobs, finally he had a chance. In 1986, President Ronald Reagan signed IRCA into law. A friend told me once, you live in the United States because of a Republican president.

Now, millions of American citizens in the future will say that they live in the United States in spite of the republicans. Fortunately for republicans today, Ron isn't still around. It wouldn't be pretty.
Deleted

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's take a look at that...
Biden admitted that his support for the 1994 crime bill was a mistake as some prosecutors used it as a means of imprisoning people by race for longer periods of time.
Joe Biden Admits 1994 Crime Bill Was a 'Mistake' During Town Hall

But as you know Trump never admits messing up; he always blames someone else. Biden is quite capable of manning up and admitting his mistakes. Trump has never been man enough to do that.
You do realize that Trump is no longer President and that the current border crisis is a direct result of Biden being elected? Many of the migrants came specifically because of Biden's campaign promises. The only person to blame for the current crisis is Biden. You need to let Trump go and stop making excuses to defend Biden.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You said:
Biden could always do what Trump did when there was a surge on his watch.

Blame it on the other party.
For a third time I say:
Like how the Democrat politicians are now blaming Trump?
I would like to note that every time you evoke the name "Trump" in this conversation you are only proving my point true.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You do realize that Trump is no longer President and that the current border crisis is a direct result of Biden being elected? Many of the migrants came specifically because of Biden's campaign promises. The only person to blame for the current crisis is Biden. You need to let Trump go and stop making excuses to defend Biden.

QFT - the chaos was under control and the encampments were closed until joe opened the flood gates.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would like to note that every time you evoke the name "Trump" in this conversation you are only proving my point true.

You brought up Trump's guy, not me. So your point is?

You do realize that Trump is no longer President and that the current border crisis is a direct result of Biden being elected?

So the surge of refugees on Trump's watch was a "direct result" of Trump being elected? O.K. No wonder we fired him.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If reality matters to you, you'll realize that the surges of refugees during the administrations of George Bush, Barack Obama, Donald Trump, and Joe Biden were the result of problems in Central America and of our own self-defeating immigration laws.

Obama's idea was to address the issues in Central America.

Obama Had A Plan For Central America. Then Came Trump.

The plan involved aid to Central America and a program to screen vulnerable children there. Trump not only reduced the aid, he killed part of the screening program.
The Trump administration, beset by thousands of Central Americans fleeing violence in their homeland, last year eliminated a program that was intended to screen would-be asylum-seekers in their home countries — a plan that was meant to avoid the chaos that has been unfolding for the past three months on the US's southern border.

An extension of the program, which the Obama administration established in conjunction with the UN refugee agency, still exists in Costa Rica, where people judged to be at immediate risk are housed while awaiting asylum in the United States and elsewhere. The Trump administration provided funding for that part of the program as recently as April.

But funding for the larger program — the one that was meant to feed into the Costa Rica portion — was cut in August, after being frozen in February 2017 as part of Trump’s efforts to more closely control immigration.
Australia’s agreement to take in Central American refugees came after Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull attended Obama’s summit on refugees in September 2016 — an irony, given that the US agreement to take in refugees from Australian detention centers was the subject of an acrimonious exchange between Trump and Turnbull just days after Trump took office.
While Trump rails against Mexico for letting migrants through and Pence is expected to demand that the presidents of El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras stop migration from their countries, there appears to be little thought to duplicate the Obama effort to confront the problem in Central America.

“The Trump administration fundamentally doesn’t believe in foreign assistance. It wasn’t a great fit for them to get behind a program of carrots and sticks,” said Dan Erikson, who served as special adviser on Western Hemisphere affairs to Vice President Joe Biden. “They prefer the all-stick approach.”
Obama Had A Plan For Central America. Then Came Trump.

And it was working; the surge went away, and we had control again. Other nations started to do their part. And, well, you know...

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You brought up Trump's guy, not me. So your point is?

No...you did. You leave the impression that you are as much as an ideologue as you make Trump supports out to be. Not a personal attack, just an observation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No...you did.

I showed you the excuse that Trump gave for his failure. He blamed Obama. Notice that Biden isn't blaming Trump for the surge in refugees; he's just moving to restore the program Obama implemented that ended the surge on Obama's watch. A good idea, I think.

You leave the impression that you are as much as an ideologue as you make Trump supports out to be.

I realize that the slightest criticism of Donald Trump will provoke that response. In this case, I'm merely noting that the dismantling of programs to effect an orderly system for granting asylum, and ending agreements with other nations to take in more refugees, has led to the current crisis. Even such an obvious truth and relatively mild reflection on Trump provokes a furious response.

Not a personal attack, just an observation.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I showed you the excuse that Trump gave for his failure. He blamed Obama. Notice that Biden isn't blaming Trump for the surge in refugees; he's just moving to restore the program Obama implemented that ended the surge on Obama's watch. A good idea, I think.

I realize that the slightest criticism of Donald Trump will provoke that response. In this case, I'm merely noting that the dismantling of programs to effect an orderly system for granting asylum, and ending agreements with other nations to take in more refugees, has led to the current crisis. Even such an obvious truth and relatively mild reflection on Trump provokes a furious response.

Not a personal attack, just an observation.
You were presented with a criticism of Biden and you responded with Trump bashing. I really don't care about your criticism of Trump. I am only pointing out your failure to address the topic of the thread by distracting away from the issue towards Trump. You are in fact doing the exact thing you are bashing Trump about.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And here's the real story; illegal entries at the border are way down and have been dropping for many years:
WOLA_CBP-SWBorderMigrantApprehensions_1960-2018_10APR2019.png

So what's the big deal? The issue is that as society fall apart in some Central American countries, desperate parents are sending their children north to escape. And we're still not equipped to handle that crisis.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You were presented with a criticism of Biden and you responded with Trump bashing.

As you learned, Obama stopped the last surge with two controls:
1. Money spent to vet immigrants in their own nations.
2. Persuaded other nations to take in refugees.

Trump cut back on both efforts, with the expected results. The angry response to even mild criticism of Trump for restricting the very steps that worked is expected, but not very persuasive, is it?

It would be impossible to point out that these steps were successful for Obama, without also showing that Trump's restriction of these programs had the effect you would expect; a return of more immigrants showing up at the border.

As you see, Biden is focusing on restoring those effective steps, rather than blaming Trump for messing it up.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As you learned, Obama stopped the last surge with two controls:
1. Money spent to vet immigrants in their own nations.
2. Persuaded other nations to take in refugees.

Trump cut back on both efforts, with the expected results. The angry response to even mild criticism of Trump for restricting the very steps that worked is expected, but not very persuasive, is it?

It would be impossible to point out that these steps were successful for Obama, without also showing that Trump's restriction of these programs had the effect you would expect; a return of more immigrants showing up at the border.

As you see, Biden is focusing on restoring those effective steps, rather than blaming Trump for messing it up.
Great!
Now show me exactly where you (and other democrats) are not blaming Trump in this post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BRANDON JUDD: "I’m going on 24 years as a Border Patrol agent and I can tell you that I’ve never seen a day-to-day, week-over-week increase like what we are seeing right now. We’ve dealt with these kind of numbers in the past, we’ve dealt with them in the early 2000’s, we dealt with them in 2014, we dealt with them in 2019. But, what we didn’t see during that time is we didn’t see the rapid increase like what we’re seeing right now...

So we’ve got this very serious problem – the American public should be very concerned about what is currently going on at the border because if this increase continues to go on, we will apprehend more people than we’ve ever apprehended in any year in the history of the United States Border Patrol...
From the mouth of the front lines -

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Great!
Now show me exactly where you (and other democrats) are not blaming Trump in this post.

As you have seen, Trump curtailed programs that Obama used to stop the surge. Not surprisingly, we had two under Trump and now another one, just after Biden became president. Biden is moving to re-instate the actions that ended the surge when Obama was president.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So we’ve got this very serious problem – the American public should be very concerned about what is currently going on at the border because if this increase continues to go on, we will apprehend more people than we’ve ever apprehended in any year in the history of the United States Border Patrol...

Well, let's take a look at that belief:

iu

Compare recent numbers:
U.S. Border Patrol Southwest Border Apprehensions by Sector

Not even close to a record. C'mon.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As you have seen, Trump curtailed programs that Obama used to stop the surge. Not surprisingly, we had two under Trump and now another one, just after Biden became president. Biden is moving to re-instate the actions that ended the surge when Obama was president.
And as I have seen yet again you have proven my statement true. Democrats, are blaming Trump and are just as guilty of blaming previous administrations for the current administration's problems. You have demonstrated this true time and time again when you point the finger at Trump to defend Biden....period. I really don't care who is at fault for the immigration crisis. That is not my concern at the moment. Just pointing out that you are attacking my statement about democrats blaming Trump by going to great lengths to blame Trump. This is quite hilariously ridiculous on your part.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And as I have seen yet again you have proven my statement true. Democrats, are blaming Trump

Just because he curtailed the very steps that stopped the surge during Obama's watch. How awful.

You have demonstrated this true time and time again when you point the finger at Trump to defend Biden....period.

As you saw, Biden is just restoring those things that stopped the surge before. Go figure.

I really don't care who is at fault for the immigration crisis.

You should. This is a serious problem, and messing up on those programs has hurt America.

That is not my concern at the moment.

More precisely, it's Joe Biden's concern. He's having to clean up another mess that that should never have happened.

Just pointing out that you are attacking my statement about democrats blaming Trump

By pointing out that Trump blamed every one of his failures on Obama. It's true. Want to see it again?

This is quite hilariously ridiculous on your part.

I shouldn't have to do it. But then, I'm a very patient guy. So you need to see it again?

Upvote 0