• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Booster shots: FDA advisory panel rejects widespread Pfizer jabs in blow to Biden's plan

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by GOD Shines Forth!, Sep 17, 2021.

1. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,998
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. anna ~ grace

anna ~ grace Newbie Supporter

+11,525
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Is it possible that throwing booster after booster at this thing will just encourage it to keep mutating more intensely than it would have if mostly left alone? Because so far this virus has been several steps ahead of us from day 1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. tz620q

tz620q Regular Member Supporter

+816
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    I think giving Americans boosters while most of the world goes without vaccines is a failure of Christian love. If we see the world as a petri dish and humans the incubators for future variants, then the more virus that is in the world, the better the chance of mutation. The delta variant did not develop in the U.S. but quickly came here, which shows the interdependence the U.S. has with other countries in defeating this pandemic. So giving these vaccines to countries that are currently spiking with COVID will reduce the chance of mutation more than giving Americans booster shots.

4. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+3,534
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    The virus will mutate with or without the booster shot, and not every mutation will be as bad as Delta.

The virus is just doing its own thing, we are trying to get ahead of it with vaccinations but some people are not helping by refusing the vaccination.

Having the population vaccinated will slow down the mutations more since fewer people will have the virus.

5. hedrick

hedrick Senior Veteran Supporter

+9,294
    Presbyterian
    Single
    Biden jumped the gun, based on what he was hearing. But this isn’t a blow to any plans, unless you think plans can’t change based on evidence.

Unless you’re more interested in politics than health, the interesting thing is that it doesn’t appear that boosters are necessary for most people. Initial reports fromIsrael certainly made it look like boosters are necessary, but there are subtle statistical issues with the summaries that were initially published.

Here’s a detailed review of some Israeli data https://www.covid-datascience.com/p...strong-when-60-of-hospitalized-are-vaccinated. The implications are interesting. It’s enough to make me skeptical about a lot of reports of decreased effectiveness.

the question is whether the same issue is present in the recent comparison of Pfizer, Moderna and Jansen. Here’s the most recent paper. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7038e1.htm?s_cid=mm7038e1_w
    T
    hey certainly tried to control for other factors.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+22,901
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    I know some people preferred The Former Guy, who ignored his medical advisors, but as the OP article notes:

President Joe Biden promised early on that his administration would "follow the science," following disclosures of political meddling in the Trump administration's coronavirus response.

Let's see if Biden does. I sure hope so.

7. hedrick

+9,294
    Presbyterian
    Single
    Of course. Unless he does something even more drastic than Trump ever did, he’s not going to ask states to administer vaccines that the FDA doesn’t authorize.

8. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+8,798
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Oh. It's become pretty clear thta America is a failure with Christian love, not uncommonly.

9. hedrick

+9,294
    Presbyterian
    Single
    It's interesting to look at one of those world maps showing where Covid problem spots are. If you decided to start there, the US should certainly be big part. Oddly, the big spots all seem to have vaccine industry of their own.

It's also not so clear that Pfizer is useful for most of the third world. I'm looking for the 2nd generation vaccines, that are easier to make and don't have low temperature requirements. Some of the population in cities can use Pfizer, and I think we give a high priority to exporting what they can use. But it's not the end game.

10. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,715
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    The vote was 16-3. Wife and I already got the 3rd shot.

11. hedrick

+9,294
    Presbyterian
    Single
    I think that’s the vote to not do universal boosters. I believe the vote for 65 and over was unanimous.

12. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath Supporter

+4,791
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Good, keep yourself (and others) safe!

13. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,715
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Correct. I was just correcting the numbers. It wasn’t 61-3.