✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi all,

Mark Twain once said that you could look into a person's soul simply by looking at what book they have on their shelves.

For me, I have a lot of Jack London, Muir, Emerson, Thorough, Clancy, and I have about a half dozen copies of Melville's Moby Dick. Between my wife and I we probably have ten different versions of the the Bible (most are presents) :)

What do you have on your shelves?

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,775,972.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh my1 My husband and I must have very large, or very cluttered :D , souls!

We have in this room everything from Hardy Boys to Mad Magazine to Economics to Healing With Vitamins to Shakespeare to school yearbooks to the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich to Boatbuilding With Steel to sappy romace novels ;)

We have more books than we really need

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have a ton of medical and science books, also I really like epic poetry...Gilgamesh...I absolutely love anything ever written by Voltaire...Candide was my favorite, but I prefer to read that one in its original french, sometimes some things just get lost in the translations...but I highly recommend it...also alot of psychology books and sociology, and many books about angels...
Amie

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
I have never read a book in my entire life. (only kidding)
I am reading A Child Called It though.
I find it anxietous, sad, anc gut wrenching. I am reading it as suggested from amie.
Actually, the part that made me cry the most is the very beginning. It describes his rescue and I remembered my childhood and asked why I could not have been rescued like him. But then upon reflection, I realized God has His hand in all that is for His children. Then I found peace again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Religion, classics, Shakespeare, poetry, science fiction, novels ect.Every college textbook I ever had. Boxes and boxes of science fiction that I keep dragging around with me. It's everywhere, in every room.
Did I mention science fiction?

Annabel

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Blackwing
Bible books, Classic literature( i love edgar allan poe).

Old school books, Grishnam, Ayn Rand(i don't believe in her philosophy don't worry)

I grew up in NYC near a place called Poe Park..It had a small white framed house of Edgar Allan Poe's that had been turned into a museum. I read a lot of Poe back then.
Hence the online name..
Annabel Lee

Upvote 0

two feathers

of the wilderness
Apr 22, 2002
A broken world
✟9,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
nature field guides; wilderness survival and tracking guides; the writings of muir, thoreau, abbey; various books on everest, the cuban revolution, the zapatista rebellion, 18th century history, the theft of north american indian land and so on and so on...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeRapH&CheRi

Sassy GurlMember!
Apr 3, 2002
eastcoastoftheusa
✟6,276.00
Faith
Christian
Books! Books! Books! I am the Ultimate Book NERD! I epitomize the Bookworm! :clap: Okay, well, I'm not that nerdy :sigh: But I love books! Hmmm....let's see, where shall I start?

I have a bunch of Jane Austen books :sigh: What can I say? I am such a romantic! My favorite is "Pride and Prejudice".

C.S. Lewis is always a classic read....Chronicles of Narnia anyone?

What about Shel Silverstein? "A Light in the Attic" is a shoe in for some giggles :D ; yet "The Giving Tree" will bring tears to the eyes. :cry:

Philip Yancy and Max Lucado are good reads.

Currently reading "North and South" by Elizabeth Gaskell.

Hmmm...what else? Too many books to name.....I have a myriad of books in my shelf, however the above are probably the main reads and authors whom I adore.

Upvote 0

leytonstones

Senior Contributor
Mar 23, 2006
✟45,429.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Great thread that needs reviving!!!

We have several book cases - lots of books.

Bibles, biblical commentaries, dictionaries, gardening and cookery books, some history and travel....:)

Oh, I almost forgot - we have some of the classics too - Austen, Bronte, Hardy and Shakespeare :)

Upvote 0