Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Sometimes, I think that people place to much concern on trying to fathom out what scripture says instead of listening to Jesus's words in the Gospel and living by them.

People search scripture trying to interpret things and 'find the truth' when it is there, right in front of them!

THE WORDS OF JESUS,

• Agree
Reactions: Phantasman
Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes, I think that people place to much concern on trying to fathom out what scripture says instead of listening to Jesus's words in the Gospel and living by them.

People search scripture trying to interpret things and 'find the truth' when it is there, right in front of them!

THE WORDS OF JESUS,

I agree totally. But the problem still remains, which scriptures in which "Jesus speaks" are Gospel.

Truth is many things,that make up one thing. One "left out book" says:

But truth brought names into existence in the world for our sakes, because it is not possible to learn it (truth) without these names. Truth is one single thing; it is many things and for our sakes to teach about this one thing in love through many things.- Philip

Jesus is the (only) Truth. The Spirit of Truth testifies (only) of him.

What right does any man or men dictate to others where truth exists and where it doesn't?

I have read many early church fathers books. I find arrogance and ignorance (of spiritual) in many, especially Tertullian and most of all Irenaus. They utilize and pump up with OT logic, which gave priests power and authority. Both came from wealthy families who could not bear to think it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to get to heaven. So they changed that, by having faith in the time before Christ, and the Pharisee beliefs that they had all celestial power on earth.

And being blind, they led others who became blind, seeing the flesh as profitable.

Just my perspective, backed up by Jesus own words.

Reactions: jaybird88
Upvote 0

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

THE WORDS OF JESUS,

i dont remember Jesus and the 12 taking a scroll and analyzing every word.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
i dont remember Jesus and the 12 taking a scroll and analyzing every word.

Yeah. When Jesus talked to the Jews, I'm sure he was referring to the scriptures they followed. When Paul talks, by that time, many who had heard Christ teach, were already writing scriptures of good news.

The Holy Spirit is truth, and scriptures has to measure to her.

Upvote 0