• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Books For Singles

Discussion in 'Mature Singles' started by NurseAbigail, Sep 28, 2017.

1. NurseAbigail

NurseAbigail Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,609
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Private
    Here's some good books to read during the singleness season:

1. They Were Single Too. - David M. Hoffeditz

2. I'm Happy for You. - Kay Wills Wyma

3. Pure Desire. - Ted Roberts

4. Crash the Chatterbox. - Steven Furtick

5. When God Doesn't Fix It. - Laura Story

6. Single, Married, Separated, Life After Divorce. - Myles Munroe (This one is really good!)

7. The Sacred Search. - Gary Thomas

...if anyone else have any suggestions pls post the title and author...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. teresa

teresa Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,641
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    #6 looks good! I could get it and read it in the coffee shop, ha ha, whilst scoping out the guys^_^

3. NurseAbigail

+1,609
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Private
    Totally, It's a page turner! After reading that book, I totally saw being single in a new light!

4. teresa

+7,641
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    for good or bad?!

5. NurseAbigail

+1,609
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Private
    For Good

6. NurseAbigail

+1,609
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Private
    Or you can watch his sermon too...

7. teresa

+7,641
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    do you think you will be giving up nursing so that you can be your husbands helper?

to support HIS vision?

8. NurseAbigail

+1,609
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Private
    My ministry is in the healing ministry, so I am praying and hoping that whoever I might marry one day would be in the same line of ministry, if not, I need to hear from God, if God truly is leading the guy to a different vision/goal, He will reveal it to me. If I find confirmation, yes, I'm willing to leave nursing to support my husband's God given vision.

9. Wolfe

Wolfe Pack Leader

+1,073
    United States
    Anabaptist
    Single
    US-Others
    Singleness season...

It's supposed to be temporary?

10. NurseAbigail

+1,609
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Private
    good point...for some yes and for others no, marriage is something God freely lets us choose to do, both a married and single life are gifts from God...I think you can never go wrong when you put God first in your life and not the status of marriage or singleness, it's quite a torture otherwise, afterall we live in a fallen world with imperfect people. To each their own faith in this process of singleness, there are some who believe it is a season, to others they completely surrender it to God, everyone is quite different, but Jesus always encourages faith. But in the eyes of eternity, singleness is but a season, because in Heaven, there won't be the concept of "single ess" anymore since we will be in the presence of God himself and brothers and sisters.

11. dayhiker

dayhiker Mature veteran

+4,822
    Charismatic
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Thinking I've not read a book about Christianity and being single in a very long time. I guess I have no interest either as I had no interest in getting any of your good list of books.

Too busy enjoying life to think about getting married. Oh and I don't want to get married again. No desire to get the government involved in my relationships.

12. NurseAbigail

+1,609
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Private
    That's ok. Lol if you're happy and you know it clap your hands

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+6,135
    Christian
    Nursing is such a varied career that you can work on some degree and still be almost a stay-at-home wife/mother. My cousin did it while homeschooling 3 children. She went down to contingent which only required her to work once a month (which she did at night so daddy was home with the kids and they mostly slept through her being gone). Then when they needed extra money like for a new car or to take a family trip, she would put in that she would accept any shifts they would offer her. She could save up for a car or a trip to France or whatever by working 1-2 months and then go back to one shift a month. They paid cash for everything except their house.

14. NurseAbigail

+1,609
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Private
    i so wanna do that one day, be able to homeschool my children (if i have children in the future)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. Servant68

Servant68 Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle

+1,467
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    What about this book?

[​IMG]

:holy:

16. NurseAbigail

+1,609
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Private
    bahahahah i actually have that book too, havent read it yet though

17. quietpraiyze

quietpraiyze In The Secret Place

+576
    Christian
    Single
    A book I would recommend even though it's not a book specifically for Singles is called Hinds Feet On High Places by Hannah Hurnard. It's an allegory of the Christian journey and it is beautiful.

18. JAM2b

JAM2b Newbie

+1,623
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Boundaries in Dating by Henry Cloud and John Townsend