Books about the Holy Spirit

Sola1517

Saint-in-Progress (Looking for a Church)
Jun 27, 2016
Don't ask
✟20,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am looking for good study guides or devotionals that focus on walking daily in the Holy Spirit. Preferably something written recently.

Any suggestions?
Forgotten God by Francis Chan I have heard is good.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am looking for good study guides or devotionals that focus on walking daily in the Holy Spirit. Preferably something written recently.

Any suggestions?

I do believe alot of the things the Charismatic churches believe. I would read what the Bible says about spiritual gifts. If you want to find miracles then i would go to a charasmatic church that falls into the categories of "Good", "Biblical" and Charasmatic (*spelling) or Pentecostal.

I know Calvinists that have testified that their are still modern prophets. I've personally met lower case p christian prophets. Like alot of people on this forum, i've seen many miracles.

Upvote 0

Orchardllc

Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2019
Kentucky
✟49,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
After the BIBLE (of course) I have read one by Charles Stanley way back in the 90's but nothing since coming back to Jesus. Looking on Amazon and one Christian book review site, I found few titles.

The one that kept coming up the most was "How to be Filled with the Holy Spirit" by A.W. Tozer written around 1960. I was skeptical going back that far, during such tumultuous social changes what I would end up with. But it came up again and again, and was relatively cheap to buy.

So far, I have the book by Tozer and "The God I Never Knew" by Robert Morris.

Tozer's book is only 30 pages. It's blunt, simple, and biblical. I still haven't gotten through it despite it's easy facade. Now I know why so many people like it.

Morris's book looks really good. I'm not far into it either, yet. It has a study guide included in the back that recommends taking your time here also. I am going to follow that and try not to skip ahead. His writing style is clear and easily readable. And his ideas on friendship with the Holy Spirit are exactly the kind of guidance I was looking for.

Upvote 0