Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Actually, SP, Elijah has not read the book yet he feels free to criticize its contents. :scratch: He only read the posted review of it, and the review did not endorse the book, just said what it was about. A “teacher” needs to have a better handle on what he is “teaching”, don't you think?

IMO, of course.

~Anita Knapp

Contentment is not found in having what you want, but in wanting what you have

But isn't that still an issue within todays church? The doctrine is so "whatever" that whenever something is taught that challenges someone with Gods actual word, the teacher is questioned with "who elected you?"

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Actually, I can’t remember the last time I heard the “who elected you” statement, but it does have a familiar ring to it.

~Anita Knapp

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanx, E.

No, I do not think churches are any more deficient today than they ever have been. Unfortunately, the church is managed by men (and sometimes women). It has been since the church splits in the Book of Acts and that, for some reason, is the way God designed it. But for all of our modern faults, we are still not hanging witches like they did in seventeenth century Salem, Mass. , or burning Unitarians at the stake like the Calvinists did to Michael Servetus in 1553, or launching a bloody Crusade against Muslims like Pope Urban did in 1099.

I’ll take the 21st Century church over the 16th Century one any day.

~Anita Knapp

Thanks Jim, but I only know the 20th Century and 21st Century churches, and I prefer the 20th Century over the 21st Century any day. At least in that century they were teaching from His Inspired Word, and we had many great GOD-anointed men and women. I don't like what I have seen over the last decade of the 20th Century and the last eight years of the 21st Century churches.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks Jim, but I only know the 20th Century and 21st Century churches, and I prefer the 20th Century over the 21st Century any day. At least in that century they were teaching from His Inspired Word, and we had many great GOD-anointed men and women. I don't like what I have seen over the last decade of the 20th Century and the last eight years of the 21st Century churches.

Every church time has had it's issues. This one just happens to be seen via the media at a faster rate than the last. We're to look to what is ahead not long for the past.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Speedy-1.gif

Combato, combato, cambato

Upvote 0

Libre

Mar 8, 2007
Overlooking Puget Sound
Visit site
✟16,196.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In my church, the pastor has the deep desire to bring us into the presence of God during our praise and worship and prayer time. His heart for worship is one reason I chose the church. Because I am musically inclined, and God touches me during those times of singing than almost any other. So for me it was a perfect fit.

But the pastor has had the biggest struggle to accomplish his desire for us. The enemy doesn't want a praising church. Some have left. And we just moved into our new building in the fall. But the building project was not the source of as much resistance as the emphasis on praise.

On the other hand, some of the staunchest supporters of this pastor are those who have been in the church since long before he came. I guess you could call it rafting with Jesus.

I guess the thing is that there will always be complainers, and those who leave over these things.

I see the move of God as a spiritual river. The same location, but the waters are ever-changing. And moving. Yet it's still water, the very essence, in other words, of the Holy Spirit. Following the river there will be exuberant times, deep times, and so on.

The Holy Spirit blows and we must follow or be left on the shore. Like the angel that stirred the waters in the NT, we must get in to be healed. Tubing with Jesus...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Kinda reminds me of those codependant families we hear about..:sorry:

No one ever confronts the parents...:scratch:

They keep wondering why the kids are not doing well...:doh:

There is an old Italian expression...

The fish stinks at the head...:D

We all know that it starts at the top, and if there is a fish in ladder, then it will smell.

I remember a pastor saying one day that Christians are like fish, they hate to have their guts scrapped out!^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Every church time has had it's issues. This one just happens to be seen via the media at a faster rate than the last. We're to look to what is ahead not long for the past.

That is so, but fifteen years ago pastors the KJV in their hands when they were teaching, today they hold a copy of "The Message", the new age gospel.:confused:

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We all know that it starts at the top, and if there is a fish in ladder, then it will smell.

I remember a pastor saying one day that Christians are like fish, they hate to have their guts scrapped out!^_^

If pastors imparted life,then the spirit would do the (scraping)circumcision.^_^

If pastors spend every Sunday ministering death,then the saints are left to think they have to scrape it out..;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.