Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Currently I use the Orthodox Prayers for Everyday prayer book by Regina Orthodox Press for praying the hours, but I am thinking of switching to the Reader's Service Book of the Hours of the Orthodox Church from Holy Myrrhbearers Monastery.

I currently use their Psalter as opposed to the Psalter from HTM which I own but find too wooden. The HTM blue book is my primary prayer book, but it doesn't contain the hours.

Have any of you used or laid hands on the Book of Hours from Holy Myrrhbearers Monastery and if so what are your thoughts on it? Or do you prefer another option for the hours?

Readers' Service Book of the Hours of the Orthodox Church [923] - $35.00 : Holymyrrhbearers

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,018,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just a plug for my future development project: If you are interested, I will need more beta testers for a dynamic book of the Hours on iOS and Android devices....

It will be using the HTM text.

Let me know if you are interested!

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I know some folks who love their rendition of the Hours, and I even think that is what was used when Mother Seraphima of Holy Transfiguration recorded reading the Hours for Ancient Faith Radio. so whatever floats your boat, as it were.

Reactions: Ioustinos
Upvote 0

Ioustinos

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just a plug for my future development project: If you are interested, I will need more beta testers for a dynamic book of the Hours on iOS and Android devices....

It will be using the HTM text.

Let me know if you are interested!

Sure I'd live to help out! I have an iOS device (Apple 6)

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,018,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sure I'd live to help out! I have an iOS device (Apple 6)
Awesome! It probably will be after Pascha due to our schedule during Lent, but I will put you on the list! I'll PM you closer to the time unless you want to PM me an email address to add to the beta tester list. Either way works. Thanks! :)

Upvote 0