• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured LDS BOOK OF MORMON FALSE HISTORY 2

Discussion in 'Debate Other Religions & Faiths' started by Kiwi Christian, Jun 16, 2017.

1. BigDaddy4

BigDaddy4 Movin' on...

+1,591
    Christian
    Married
    Lots of assertions, no evidence to support.

2. Peter1000

Peter1000 Well-Known Member

+334
    Mormon
    Married
    This response is off topic so if you wish to respond please do, if not that's OK.

I was visiting a member of the Mormon church who recently was moved into our ward boundaries. So this is the first time I had met him.

He has married an SDA woman who is very active in her church. He told me, and he could be incorrect, that the SDA have a new bible. Are you aware that the SDA has a new bible that more closely alines itself to SDA doctrine?
    If not just say no, and I will not ask further. Thanks

3. Peter1000

+334
    Mormon
    Married
    dzheremi,

On this thread 'BOM False History 2', I responded to your post and would like you to respond to my post #320. Thank you.

4. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+4,675
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others

No problem. I do not have one---what it is, is a study bible. Every denomination has one. Joyce Myers has one, the Church of God has one, there is even and bible out by this guy that talks about the religion of the founding fathers of this country, I forget his name. The Mormons, of course, have the BOM, the Catholics have theirs---so I don't know why everybody is aghast at the SDA's having one! But I never buy one of those. They are usually the same KJV with study guides at the bottoms of the pages that have commentary and related verses to study.

5. Peter1000

+334
    Mormon
    Married
    I understand. You do know that Mormons believe in the bible too. We use the KJV bible, not just the BOM.

6. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+7,869
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    I have already said that I am done discussing things with you, Peter. I do not feel that further discussion with you is profitable for either of us or for this website more generally. Please respect my decision.

7. Peter1000

+334
    Mormon
    Married
    To bad, that was a pretty good and simple formula.