Washington
✟219,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But you try and insert your non scriptural interpretations of the scriptures. As I have said before there are times when you can take the scriptures literal or figuratively. Christainity has misinterpreted and forced its interpretation on the world. You got it wrong. The Catholics got it wrong or you would still be Catholics. Don't you get it. In order to undo what man has done to the word of God there had to be a marvelous work and a wonder happen. God the father and his son Jesus Christ appeared to a young boy who wanted a answer to a question. Which church was right out of all the church's on earth. The son of God told him to join none of them but to wait and he would be a part a this wonderful restoration.
Lots of assertions, no evidence to support.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Not according to Paul.

1Co 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
This response is off topic so if you wish to respond please do, if not that's OK.

I was visiting a member of the Mormon church who recently was moved into our ward boundaries. So this is the first time I had met him.

He has married an SDA woman who is very active in her church. He told me, and he could be incorrect, that the SDA have a new bible. Are you aware that the SDA has a new bible that more closely alines itself to SDA doctrine?
If not just say no, and I will not ask further. Thanks

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
This response is off topic so if you wish to respond please do, if not that's OK.

I was visiting a member of the Mormon church who recently was moved into our ward boundaries. So this is the first time I had met him.

He has married an SDA woman who is very active in her church. He told me, and he could be incorrect, that the SDA have a new bible. Are you aware that the SDA has a new bible that more closely alines itself to SDA doctrine?
If not just say no, and I will not ask further. Thanks

No problem. I do not have one---what it is, is a study bible. Every denomination has one. Joyce Myers has one, the Church of God has one, there is even and bible out by this guy that talks about the religion of the founding fathers of this country, I forget his name. The Mormons, of course, have the BOM, the Catholics have theirs---so I don't know why everybody is aghast at the SDA's having one! But I never buy one of those. They are usually the same KJV with study guides at the bottoms of the pages that have commentary and related verses to study.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
No problem. I do not have one---what it is, is a study bible. Every denomination has one. Joyce Myers has one, the Church of God has one, there is even and bible out by this guy that talks about the religion of the founding fathers of this country, I forget his name. The Mormons, of course, have the BOM, the Catholics have theirs---so I don't know why everybody is aghast at the SDA's having one! But I never buy one of those. They are usually the same KJV with study guides at the bottoms of the pages that have commentary and related verses to study.
I understand. You do know that Mormons believe in the bible too. We use the KJV bible, not just the BOM.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I have already said that I am done discussing things with you, Peter. I do not feel that further discussion with you is profitable for either of us or for this website more generally. Please respect my decision.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I have already said that I am done discussing things with you, Peter. I do not feel that further discussion with you is profitable for either of us or for this website more generally. Please respect my decision.
To bad, that was a pretty good and simple formula.

Upvote 0