Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 1

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Revelation 22:17-21

8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Revelation may be interpreted differently by others, but the actual prophecy, word by word, must remain intact. Do not add or take away scripture from these passages. The Apostle John wrote these words, he is the author of this book!

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here is one guy that believes Paul is author of both Hebrews and Revelation. :eek:

Revelations of Revelation 3: Author of Revelation is Paul - GodShew

Revelation is NOT written by John, as many ass u me;
It is Paul-ineauthored, sign-ified, and sent unto John.

It seems "many", in fact all theories of Revelation I've ever encountered, erroneously begin by ass-uming John is author of Revelation.......
interesting...i thought John wrote Revelation....
Revelation 1

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Revelation 22:17-21

8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

The Apostle John wrote these words, he is the author of this book!
Ohhhhhh, i had fergotten LOL THAT's where i had seen it...thanks Rocky!!!
:)

Did you know there is another version of Revelation showing John writing after the ascension of Jesus?

I found this quite interesting:

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0831.htm

After the taking up of our Lord Jesus Christ, I John was alone upon Mount Tabor, where also He showed us His undefiled Godhead;
and as I was not able to stand, I fell upon the ground, and prayed to the Lord, and said: O Lord my God who hast deemed me worthy to be Your servant, hear my voice, and teach me about Your coming........................
And again I heard a voice saying to me: Behold, you have heard all these things, righteous John; deliver them to faithful men, that they also may teach others, and not think lightly of them, nor cast our pearls before swine, lest perchance they should trample them with their feet. Matthew 7:6

Reve1:1
An uncovering/apo-kaluyiV <602> of Jesus Christ which gives to him, the God, to show to the bondservants of Him which-things is binding to be becoming in swiftness.
And He signifies commissioning thru the Messenger of Him, to the bondservants of Him, John.
[Luke 2:32]

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
#5048 used 25/33 times in 23/24 verses.
It is a form of the root word #5056 and is used the majority of times in Hebrews and the Gospel/Epistle of John.

Young) Hebrews 9:9 which [is] a simile in regard to the present time, in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered, which are not able, in regard to conscience, to make perfect/teleiwsai <5048> (5658) him who is serving,

Textus Rec.) Hebrews 9:9 htiV parabolh eiV ton kairon ton enesthkota kaq on dwra te kai qusiai prosferontai mh dunamenai kata suneidhsin teleiwsai ton latreuonta

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

Strong's Number G5048 matches the Greek &#964;&#949;&#955;&#949;&#953;&#8057;&#969; (teleio&#333;), which occurs 33 times in 24 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV

teleioo tel-i-o'-o from 5046; to complete, i.e. (literally) accomplish, or (figuratively) consummate (in character):--consecrate, finish, fulfil, make) perfect.
5056. telos tel'-os from a primary tello (to set out for a definite point or goal);
Just found the chapter that I'm still on :thumbsup: :clap:

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
#4472 used 5/4 times in 4 verses. 3 times Hebrews 9, 1 time Hebrews 10.
This particular form of this word is used in Hebrews 9:19 according to ISA interlinear, and is rendered as "sprinkled" in most all Bible versions.

9:21 Also the booth, yet even all the instruments of the ministry, to the blood likewise he sprinkles/errantisen <4472> (5656)

Textus Rec.) Hebrews 9:21 kai thn skhnhn de kai panta ta skeuh thV leitourgiaV tw aimati omoiwV errantisen

Strong's Number G4472 matches the Greek &#8165;&#945;&#957;&#964;&#8055;&#950;&#969; (rhantiz&#333;), which occurs 5 times in 4 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV

rhantizo hran-tid'-zo from a derivative of rhaino (to sprinkle); to render besprinkled, i.e. asperse (ceremonially or figuratively):-- sprinkle.
Interesting, I hadn't thought about it being "sprinkled"

Hebrews 9:15-25

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

15 For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. 16 For where a [a]covenant is, there must of necessity [b]be the death of the one who made it. 17 For a [c]covenant is valid only when [d]men are dead, [e]for it is never in force while the one who made it lives. 18 Therefore even the first covenant was not inaugurated without blood. 19 For when every commandment had been spoken by Moses to all the people according to the Law, he took the blood of the calves and the goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, 20 saying, &#8220;This is the blood of the covenant which God commanded you.&#8221; 21 And in the same way he sprinkled both the [f]tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry with the blood. 22 And according to the [g]Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
23 Therefore it was necessary for the copies of the things in the heavens to be cleansed with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25 nor was it that He would offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the holy place year by year with blood that is not his own.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus

9:21 Also the booth, yet even all the instruments of the ministry, to the blood likewise he sprinkles/errantisen <4472> (5656)
Interesting, I hadn't thought about it being "sprinkled"..........
I like the way "booth/s" is used in the NT, including Hebrews.

Leviticus 23:42
`In booths/05521 cukkah ye dwell seven days all who are natives in Israel dwell in booths/05521 cukkah,

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh, and booths/eskhnwsen <4637> (5656) in US, and we esteem the glory of Him, glory as an Only-begotten beside Father, full of Grace and Truth.

Hebrew 9:3
After yet the second veil, a booth/skhnh <4633>, the one being said holy of holies.

Reve 21:3
and I hear a great voice, from out of the heaven [*throne] saying "behold! the booth/skhnh <4633> of the God with the men, and He shall be boothing/skhnwsei <4637> (5692) with them.
And they peoples of Him shall be. And He, the God, shall be with them [*a God to them].

http://www.christianforums.com/t6728727-2/#post42606223
The word "booth" in NT/NC

Judaism 101: Sukkot

The Hebrew word "sukkah" (plural: "sukkot") refers to the temporary Booths that people lived in, not to the Tabernacle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I like the way "booth/s" is used in the NT, including Hebrews.

Leviticus 23:42
`In booths/05521 cukkah ye dwell seven days all who are natives in Israel dwell in booths/05521 cukkah,

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh, and booths/eskhnwsen <4637> (5656) in US, and we esteem the glory of Him, glory as an Only-begotten beside Father, full of Grace and Truth.

Hebrew 9:3
After yet the second veil, a booth/skhnh <4633>, the one being said holy of holies.

Reve 21:3
and I hear a great voice, from out of the heaven [*throne] saying "behold! the booth/skhnh <4633> of the God with the men, and He shall be boothing/skhnwsei <4637> (5692) with them.
And they peoples of Him shall be. And He, the God, shall be with them [*a God to them].

http://www.christianforums.com/t6728727-2/#post42606223

Judaism 101: Sukkot

The Hebrew word "sukkah" (plural: "sukkot") refers to the temporary Booths that people lived in, not to the Tabernacle.

I wonder how that ties in with the ceremony of the Feast of Booths ... OT to NT...

The Hebrew word sukk&#333;t is the plural of sukkah, "booth or tabernacle", which is a walled structure covered with schach (plant material such as leafy tree overgrowth or palm leaves). The sukkah is intended as a reminiscence of the type of fragile dwellings in which the Israelites dwelt during their 40 years of travel in the desert after the Exodus from slavery in Egypt.
Sukkot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

many answers in above verses :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
#4472 used 5/4 times in 4 verses. 3 times Hebrews 9, 1 time Hebrews 10.
This particular form of this word is used in Hebrews 9:19 according to ISA interlinear, and is rendered as "sprinkled" in most all Bible versions.

Textus Rec.) Hebrews 9:21 kai thn skhnhn de kai panta ta skeuh thV leitourgiaV tw aimati omoiwV errantisen

Strong's Number G4472 matches the Greek &#8165;&#945;&#957;&#964;&#8055;&#950;&#969; (rhantiz&#333;), which occurs 5 times in 4 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV

rhantizo hran-tid'-zo from a derivative of rhaino (to sprinkle); to render besprinkled, i.e. asperse (ceremonially or figuratively):-- sprinkle.
I just tried to follow that link back. Thanks for the added info! I like how your thread is all about the original language and where the words are used thro the bible.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wonder how that ties in with the ceremony of the Feast of Booths ... OT to NT...

The Hebrew word sukk&#333;t is the plural of sukkah, "booth or tabernacle", which is a walled structure covered with schach (plant material such as leafy tree overgrowth or palm leaves). The sukkah is intended as a reminiscence of the type of fragile dwellings in which the Israelites dwelt during their 40 years of travel in the desert after the Exodus from slavery in Egypt.
Sukkot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

many answers in above verses :thumbsup:
Not to mistaken for "toll or phone booths" ehehe........

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/the-word-booth-in-nt-nc.6728727/

Matthew 17:4
Yet Peter answering yet said to Jesus "Lord, ideal it is us here to be; if Thou are willing, I shall be making here three booths/skhnaV <4633>, to Thee one and to Moses one and Elijah one.

Revelation 21:3
and I hear a Voice, great, out of the heaven, saying, `Behold!, the booth/skhnh <4633> of GOD with the men, and He shall be boothing/skhnwsei <4637> (5692) with them, and they, peoples of Him shall be, and GOD is with them

images

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"Your throne O God will stand forever and ever. A sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of your kingdom." It's encouraging to know in the midst of trials and tribulations, God's sceptre is in control, regardless of our circumstances. And it's righteous! He'll have the last say.

This is BEAUTIFUL, and very timely for 2016.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I just started reading/studying Hebrews this week and honestly I wish there was an easy way to take this thread and publish it as a study help. :)

This guy is brilliant, mon.

He's right
4chsmu1.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Keep the good work up LLOJ:thumbsup:

I've only started reading that link you provided 'Kingdom Bible Studies'. Thought this paragraph was interesting, will have to read more:;)

The priest (Melchizedek) blessed the patriarch, and blessed the Most High God, and received from Abram a tithe of all the spoils of battle. Then he vanished from the stage of history with the same unexplained suddenness as he arrived upon it. He was not forgotten, however, for this fascinatingindividual is referred to nearly a thousand years later by king David (Ps. 110:4) and one thousand years later than that by the writer of the Epistle to the Hebrews, where he is mentioned by name no less than nine times!

:pray:

amaaaaazing.......i never even realized that....

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
#1366 used 3 times in 3 verses. Here and 2 times in Revelation [ 1:16/2:12].

There are so many greek words used here I wanted to discuss but I felt this particular one was more interesting. I put Rotherham's rendering.

4:12 For living the word of the God, and in-working and keener over every sword, two-mouthed/distomon <1366>. And penetrating until parting of soul *besides* and/also spirit of articulations besides and marrows and judge of inner-feelings and thoughts of heart.

Textus Rec.) Hebrews 4:12 zwn gar o logoV tou qeou kai energhV kai tomwteroV uper pasan macairan distomon kai diiknoumenoV acri merismou yuchV *te* kai pneumatoV armwn te kai muelwn kai kritikoV enqumhsewn kai ennoiwn kardiaV

Strong's Number G1366 matches the Greek &#948;&#8055;&#963;&#964;&#959;&#956;&#959;&#962; (distomos), which occurs 3 times in 3 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV

Rotherham) Hebrews 4:12 For living is the word of God, and energetic and more cutting than any knife with two edges, and penetrating as far as a dividing asunder of soul and spirit, of joints also and marrow, and able to judge the impulses and designs of the heart;

1366. distomos dis'-tom-os from 1364 and 4750; double-edged:--with two edges, two-edged.
1364. dis dece adverb from 1417; twice:--again, twice.
4750. stoma stom'-a probably strengthened from a presumed derivative of the base of 5114; the mouth (as if a gash in the face); by implication, language (and its relations); figuratively, an opening (in the earth); specially, the front or edge (of a weapon):--edge, face, mouth.
Aloha L'il Lamb, it's big RAM! Jus,kidin'! I translated Hebrews 4:12 thusly:

Added “to-be” Verbs or Copulas

Apart from translating Hebrew-to-Greek quotes, translators will often add “to be” verbs or a copula(linking verb) such as “is” to the text. One reason is because they have switched the word order and therefore, are forced to add a word. Or, they have wrongly translated an adjective or participle “predicately” by adding a copula(a common manipulative practice). Or, it could be that they did not yet understand the thoughts, through words, that they were translating. Example:

For the word of God is living and active Heb 4:12a NASB

The first sentience of this verse does not contain the copula “is”. It was added by the translators because they unnecessarily changed the word order and translated the participle “zOn” as “is alive”--predicately.

zOn” is the present active Greek participle of “zaO” literally translated means “one(substantive adjective side)-always(present tense)-living(verb-side)”, anyone who lives/alive/breathing and is living in the enjoyment of real life, referring to anyone who has, without excuse, accepted God’s invitation to His dinner party, and with the conjunction “for”, by understanding means: “to assign a reason”, assigning a reason for one-always-living, with the Word of God being identified as the source, not the one living!

The first Greek word in this sentence is “zOn” (which is where the emphasis is being placed) the second word is “gar”. gar is a postpositive word which means it always appears second in the Greek word order(because it is a conjunction). Since it is always postpositive, I may not indicate the word order when translating “gar” or other postpositive words into English. Of course we are not living “for” the Word of God but the Word of God is vivifying or, making us to live in enjoyment of real life, or in Old English, “quickening”.

The order of words is participle-conjunction-definite article-noun. Which is literally: one-always-living(participle) reason(conjunction) thee(definite article) Word(noun). Again, the Word is being identified as the source of life, not the one living.

zOn” + “gar” are a group of words which should not have been separated as it is in the NASB. Then we have the articular construction, “ho(thee) logos(Word/intellect) tou(of-thee) theou(God)”--thee Word specifically--of-thee God. We could say in English “(2)Thee Word specifically--of-thee God is (1)for one-always-living”, adding the verb “is” for the sake of English style. But if we say “For(reason) one-always-living, thee Word specifically--of-thee God, and-also in-operation”, then we do not need to add a copula or verb, and we can keep the intended emphasis which is on “one-always-living”. But since that seemed somewhat confusing, or nonsensical to the translators, they switched the word group order, separated a word group by adding the separated words to different word groups and then added the copula “is”--predicately, to a participle which is merely substantive. This verse should not be translated as “For the Word of God is living and active”; switching the word groups, separating the word group zOn and gar, add a copula and then translate it predicately. That would be and is academically dishonest.

Hyper-Literal: For(reason) one(anyone)-always-living(in all fullness), thee Word specifically--of-thee God, and-also in-operation(en-employment, functional, energized i.e., the switch is in the “on” position and performing perfectly), Heb 4:12a

I will translate the rest of this verse for you in a later chapter. For now I wanted you to see the added copula. And also, the source of life:

My son, give attention to my words;
Incline your ear to my sayings.
Do not let them depart from your sight;
Keep them in the midst of your heart.
For they are life to those who find them
And health to all their body.

Watch over your heart with all diligence,
For from it flow the springs of life. Prov 4:20-23 NASB

Side by Side: " [It is--wrong order] the Spirit(pneuma-breath), [who-not in the original] [it-is--correct order] gives life(one-making-live); thee flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you(-all) are(literally, is) [ ]spirit(pneuma-breath) and(-also) are(literally, is) [ ](zOE-)life. John 6:63 NASB

Hyper-Literal(same verse): Thee pneuma-breath, it-is thee one-making-live; thee flesh(feminine) not she-is-profiting no-thing; thee-all messages(neuter) which-all I(Jesus) I-am-speaking to-you-all; it(messages)-is [ ]pneuma-breath and-also it-is [ ]zOE-life(feminine). John 6:63

What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life-- 1 John 1:1 NASB

I just can't seem to get around it. zOn appears to be used substantively independent of "thee Word" as in "one-always-living" here because of the conjunction gar. Yet, I keep going over in my head that maybe this anarthrous present participle is being used attributively as it, "living Word", or predicately, "the Word (is) living". If it is preceding the articular noun ho logos then it must be attributive! But then gar makes no sense! I Keep coming back to "For(assigning a reason) one-always-living anarthrous substantive participle, with ho logos(which is nominative but followed by the genitive of source) being the reason for "one-always-living! But then we have the conjunction kai!?

What you think?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow! This is an old thread! I hope we did not derail it by talking about the book of Revelation!
Lil Lamb and I are recent friends on these threads and I told him I would have a peak at his work. He will get the alert and we will have a little chat. Because it is a preceding anarthrous participle, it can't be used predicately as it is often translated. So, It must be attributive, or substantive. At any rate, it has no real bearing on the rest of the verse which explains what the Word does regardless of the set-up. Glad you "liked" it!

Upvote 0