Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
"I'm going to disprove hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands of years of discovery and rigorous testing using... um... using Final Fantasy cutscenes... and stuff..."

You know when people have the notion that Christianity has a bunch of anti-reality goofiness baked into it? This right here is why.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,432.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
"I'm going to disprove hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands of years of discovery and rigorous testing using... um... using Final Fantasy cutscenes... and stuff..."

You know when people have the notion that Christianity has a bunch of anti-reality goofiness baked into it? This right here is why.
Should have used FF 13 cutscenes.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Haven't watched the video, but does it have One Winged Angel playing in it? Because that would probably convince me.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
Mar 27, 2018
Australia
✟9,954.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've been on this site a few times, and this has been on my mind lately. I searched 'enoch' into the search bar (I'm looking into the legitimacy of the Book of Enoch) and this thread came up and I decided to make an account so I can post in this thread.

A few years ago I was lost and seeking, but I stayed lost for a long while getting caught up in new age beliefs while still thinking I was on the right path. In this time I was stargazing a lot, following astrology, etc. As a kid and throughout my whole life I had been suspicious of the stars and thought they seemed sentient for some reason. So one night while stargazing I decided to test it. I had absolute faith it was a possibility and while I didn't see anything the first few times, I kept testing it, and eventually it was revealed to me. I saw the stars dancing around the sky. Not slightly wobbling, not a trick of the eyes. Moving quite a distance, left right up down closer to earth further into space. They kept their general positions in relation to the constellations, like they had a certain estate they kept, their own borders, I like to think it's their post, their watch. These are the normal stars you look up at night and see. They all move. The constellations aren't wandering stars, but I've seen a couple of those too. The stars are aware of us and I tested it and they responded to me. While I was lost in the new age (while still thinking I was seeking Jesus), Jupiter started coming toward me at a great speed. It's so far away but it was zooming down toward me and getting bigger slowly and I freaked out and prayed to Jesus to make it stop and suddenly it came to halt. It stayed in that position from then on, closer to earth than when I'd first looked upon the stars that night. That scared me enough to stop stargazing for along time, because after that incident others came toward me too, but more leisurely, so I just went back inside and left it all alone. So then I realised I was in a bit too deep and the absolute authority of Jesus.

After that I did some research online and found that a lot of other people have experienced the same and similar things to me, and have witnessed the stars move. Except most of them think they're aliens. I also came upon the video you posted, among many others. It still took me down a rabbit hole, as someone with barely any discernment. So I decided to leave the topic alone for a long time, but I still look up at the stars from time to time and watch them dance.

Psalm 19:1
"The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork."

I know this sounds absolutely ludicrous. We are taught scientifically that they're balls of gas and planets. But with my own eyes, that is not at all what I experienced. I am not schizophrenic, mentally ill in any way, and I haven't had many other supernatural experiences. I even showed a few friends so they could see as well. I am not the only person to witness this.

This video you've posted shows a truth, but it's linked in with other theories too like flat earth (I didnt watch the video this time so I'm not sure if it references or alludes to that, but when you watch this on youtube and this subject, flat earth and things like it also come up), which makes it seem absurd. Throwing the baby out with the bath water. It's hard to discern it. When it comes down to it, it doesn't really matter, the knowledge of this doesn't save you, and going down this path can lead you astray if you're not careful. But from my experience, the stars being sentient beings is reality. It is what it is. The watchers are mentioned in the bible, for example in Daniel.

Daniel 4:23
“And inasmuch as the king saw a watcher, a holy one, coming down from heaven..."

I know it was in the context of a dream, but that's what I started to experience. A watcher, coming down from heaven. A star making its way down from the sky. There are other scriptures too but I'm not going to search them right now.

tl;dr: I've witnessed the stars and found them to be sentient and I believe they are the watchers as mentioned in the bible.

Upvote 0
Mar 27, 2018
Australia
✟9,954.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

It mightn't be presented well at all, and using fantasy media as a visual probably isn't smart if you're trying to present your theory/experience as reality - but as absurd as it seems, I have seen the stars - the ones in the constellations you can name - moving around the sky quite a distance, with my own eyes. I still find it crazy after all these years and I test it every time, and they're still up there, ready to dance when they have an audience with a person who knows and believes the truth of who/what they are. It doesn't matter in the scheme of things, and I guess it's part of the mystery and glory of creation, and the knowledge of this doesn't save you so it's not written about extensively in the bible - but I feel it's something I have to share, since I've witnessed it and we're on the topic.

Upvote 0
Mar 27, 2018
Australia
✟9,954.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This video you've posted shows a truth, but it's linked in with other theories too like flat earth (I didnt watch the video this time so I'm not sure if it references or alludes to that, but when you watch this on youtube and this subject, flat earth and things like it also come up), which makes it seem absurd. Throwing the baby out with the bath water. It's hard to discern it. When it comes down to it, it doesn't really matter, the knowledge of this doesn't save you, and going down this path can lead you astray if you're not careful.

I just want to clarify that I don't believe or disbelieve the flat earth, I don't think it matters for salvation, I'm not interested in it. I don't think it matters what shape you think the earth is or whether or not it's true or false. But the point I am trying to make is that flat earth is not generally or scientifically accepted, so if videos are related to flat earth, even if it has truth in it, people are likely to disregard it entirely. Then again, the stars moving of their own accord isn't scientifically accepted either. Oh well

giphy.gif

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I know the "Real' reason you have an "Owl" in your avatar picture:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Mar 27, 2018
Australia
✟9,954.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You don't think it could be just your mind playing tricks on you?

I considered that many times, but it just doesn't appear to be true. It's more than a slight wobble, it's too obvious to be tricks of the eye. They move great distances sometimes. I trained my eyes to see in the night very well and lock my peripheral on the surrounding stars as I watch the one I'm focusing on move from its place. I mostly don't even need to do that because I can see it so clearly and plainly with my eyes. It's a really beautiful sight because they're often really graceful. Sometimes jerky like they're jamming to electronic music, other times smooth and sweeping movements, very graceful like ballroom. Other times just like...on a mission, like traversing the skies like they're pacing. Sometimes it looks like they're walking on stairs, or sweeping the skies. That's what I've observed of their movements. It's very clear to me. And while they move on their own accord, they often move more or start to move if I'm focusing on them like I'd focus on a person I wanted to grab the attention of. Like how if someones looking at you and you can feel it - it involves that feeling of intent. If I'm putting my intention and attention on them, they notice and respond.

Like I said before, I don't have any mental health issues or schizophrenia, no carbon monoxide poisoning, etc. I don't see anything else out of the ordinary, with the exception of a couple of orbs/flame-like lights in my garden but only a couple of times. That's the extent of it. And without fail every time, the stars appear to me as I've described. I've looked online and found forums where people have experienced the same or similar to me, and sometimes to a more dramatic extent. They've looked into scientific reasons, it's blown their minds, trying to figure out the reasons and logistics, dealing with having people not believe them when they are more than certain they are correct, everyone witnessing the same things.

I don't think it matters whether you or anyone else believes me. I find it fascinating, and I'm not sure why this is something I've witnessed or if there's even a reason for it. Maybe I'll know in time. It's something interesting I can share with others if the subject is brought up.

Upvote 0
Mar 27, 2018
Australia
✟9,954.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You don't think it could be just your mind playing tricks on you?

Also I'm not sure if you read only the tl;dr or my whole post. If you mean aside from the movement I just posted about, no I don't believe my mind is playing tricks on me when it comes to their response to me. They clearly reacted with certain movements to different music, topics, and seem to have individual personalities. As well as after I'd been interacting with them for a while, they became more curious about me because they visually and obviously came closer toward the earth toward me, and stopped when I prayed or asked them to stop. They came closer when I asked. I really don't know why they indulged me, one silly human who they probably look upon like an ant and the intelligence of a toddler in comparison to them (believing they are eternal spirit beings). I don't think there's a way to describe it that would help you believe, and you'll have to take my word for it, or leave it. Or maybe you can experience it for yourself if you're genuinely curious, open minded, patient, and without a hostile attitude toward them or the concept. I think it may take faith for them to be like 'ok, i'll show you i move'. When I first started with it after I got over the hostile and fearful attitude toward them, I asked them to move for me and I patiently waited for what I knew intuitively to be true. It may sound like fanciful and wishful thinking, that I'm seeing what I want to believe - but I did have my doubts, I couldn't believe my eyes. I was open to it being all in my head. I didn't care if it turned out it was a trick of the eyes. But it was exactly what I thought. I tested it for a couple of years, whenever I looked up at the stars, because I was still astounded. It's the same every time. And I've found others online who've experienced the same/similar to me, as I mentioned in my previous response.

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I know the "Real' reason you have an "Owl" in your avatar picture:

That is not the "Real" reason I have an "Owl" in my avatar picture.

You're "projecting" your "fears" onto an external "source".

I feel "bad" for you.

(Aren't scare-quotes fun?)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is. You're not fooling anyone.

Please then, spell it out for all to see. What is the reason I have an owl as my avatar picture?

Don't link some youtube rant. I want to hear it from you.

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please then, spell it out for all to see. What is the reason I have an owl as my avatar picture?

Don't link some youtube rant. I want to hear it from you.

You already know.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Oh *I'm* aware of why it's there.

YOU said you know, and you linked some conspiratorial youtube rant.

So now I'm asking YOU. Why do I have the owl there?

In a now closed thread he attempted to claim that the Luther rose is a satanic symbol by quoting an English translation of the LXX's Isaiah 14:12 which reads "How has Lucifer, that rose in the morning, fallen from heaven!" (Brenton translation of the LXX, I had to do a little searching to find it).

A thousand internet points to anyone who can notice the most obvious problem with that argument. There are many, but there's one that ought to be very obvious to any person with a basic grasp of the English language.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.