✟827,925.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Great, now I have to learn German! haha

Is there a translation you would recommend?

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Two actually; the first is a great English translation, with lots of notes and references for context; The second contains three columns on each page one is the English translation with notes, the other two are the original German and Latin versions:

Concordia: The Lutheran Confessions-A Readers Edition of the Book of Concord - 2nd edition

Concordia Triglotta

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟827,925.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Two actually; the first is a great English translation, with lots of notes and references for context; The second contains three columns on each page one is the English translation with notes, the other two are the original German and Latin versions:

Concordia: The Lutheran Confessions-A Readers Edition of the Book of Concord - 2nd edition

Concordia Triglotta
I'm not sure why the links did not attach, but I have been experiencing a lot of Glitches lately: http://search.cph.org/search#p=R&w=...sc=OatDG4HHWEM3f3L6&asug=Triglotta&apelog=yes
https://www.cph.org/p-11428-concord...ition-of-the-book-of-concord-2nd-edition.aspx

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,082.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟827,925.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand, is there a material difference in the teachings of the one for sale on Amazon in the link below and the original German/Latin versions?

Not much, but two different audiences, two different emphisies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just trying to give some life to the forum...

I have the CPH Readers Edition and am working my way through it, the book is a treasure. The leather binding and gilded edges are lovely.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Just trying to give some life to the forum...
I have the CPH Readers Edition and am working my way through it, the book is a treasure. The leather binding and gilded edges are lovely.
Any examples you might want to share how it enlightened your understanding of scripture and/or strengthened your faith?

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Any examples you might want to share how it enlightened your understanding of scripture and/or strengthened your faith?
I have not made it through a ton, but so far the explanation of the creeds and their ties to scripture as well as the history of the Lutheran church and the BOC have been delightful to read. :)

• Useful
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Which edition do you consider the best and why?

Thanks,

jm

The bound in red edition translated by Tappert, is a good translation, not to big, easy to read. Concordia 2nd edition is a good choice as well. The only issue with the Concordia is it's heavy, quit thick, and and does not lay in your lap well. The readers edition is smaller.

Upvote 0

caspianrex

Bible collector
Sep 3, 2010
Nashville,TN
Visit site
✟9,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have the Reader's Edition from CPH. It's truly a beautiful copy!

Yeah, I would have to say, this is my favorite edition. I have a couple others, and they great, but the Concordia edition is beautifully illustrated, really nicely laid out, and just a lovely publication overall.

Meanwhile, Concordia's BoC website is well worth checking out: http://www.bookofconcord.org

Upvote 0

caspianrex

Bible collector
Sep 3, 2010
Nashville,TN
Visit site
✟9,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have the Reader's Edition from CPH. It's truly a beautiful copy!

Yeah, I would have to say, this is my favorite edition. I have a couple others, and they great, but the Concordia edition is beautifully illustrated, really nicely laid out, and just a lovely publication overall.

Meanwhile, Concordia's BoC website is well worth checking out: http://www.bookofconcord.org

Upvote 0