Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
My favorite liturgy! The Book of Common Prayer contains a fantastic Protestant liturgy that places emphasis on the sinfulness of fallen humanity, our reconciliation through Christ and our justification through Christ alone.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Reactions: redleghunter

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,796.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I love the BCP, but The Episcopal Church has moved to far left for me, so, I settled for being Lutheran.

The liturgies in The BCP are the best, no one else even comes close.
I'm pretty sure LCMS borrowed heavily, at least in the early years of formulating an English liturgy, from the BCP.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I love the BCP, but The Episcopal Church has moved to far left for me, so, I settled for being Lutheran.

The liturgies in The BCP are the best, no one else even comes close.
No Continuing Anglican or ACNA parishes available?

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
No Continuing Anglican or ACNA parishes available?

I'm East of Tampa, there is an ACNA Parish in the Clearwater area, I would guess maybe 30 miles as a crow flies, but getting there would be a 45 minute drive, if there are no hangup along the way.

There is an APA Parish very close to my home, perhaps I will check them out this Sunday.

Thanks for the recommend.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure LCMS borrowed heavily, at least in the early years of formulating an English liturgy, from the BCP.

I would agree, if you read the 39 Articles, and the Augsburg Confession, they are very similar. The LCMS gets gets hung-up on two issues:

-Apostolic Succession
-The Lord's Supper (Spirtual presence? vs real presence)

The LCMS is in discussion with the ACNA, anxious to see where it goes.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm East of Tampa, there is an ACNA Parish in the Clearwater area, I would guess maybe 30 miles as a crow flies, but getting there would be a 45 minute drive, if there are no hangup along the way.

There is an APA Parish very close to my home, perhaps I will check them out this Sunday.

Thanks for the recommend.
Hi.

I am reluctant to recommend an ACNA parish under normal circumstances, but that distance and driving time would make that one nearly impossible as a choice, I agree.

The APA parish, however, I think does merit a look-see. Let us know what you find.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hi.

I am reluctant to recommend an ACNA parish under normal circumstances, but that distance and driving time would make that one nearly impossible as a choice, I agree.

The APA parish, however, I think does merit a look-see. Let us know what you find.

will do

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums