• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Boo-Radily

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all. I know it's been a while since I've posted. I've been a little out of touch with myself lately and caught in that "Boo-Radily" moment. I'm antzy, unstoppable at anything, out of touch, mind goin a thousand thoughts per second, on that natural high that has me going- going-gone. While my mind is on speed dial, my body is so confused I don't know whether to sleep or stay up all night. :swoon:
I have been in this state for a few weeks now and am out of Equetro again and just goin on the Seroquel alone. Missed my last pdoc appt. cause the bank account that is associated with my insurance is whacked. (Not my doings, mistake at the bank) Until this is straightened out, I can't see the doc or get my meds.
The 24th of this month will be the 2-year anniversary of my only half-brother's passing. I had a terrible time with this last year and am hoping I won't dwell on it so much this year. I have come to terms that, though he is missed, I need to cherish those who are still with me and just hold on to the memories of those who are gone.
Considering I am already Boo-Radily and floating through the best I can, I don't need the extra stuff to make things worse.
Aaaanywho, I just wanted to give an update and let y'all know I haven't forgot about ya. Just trying to get through this.
Thanks for listening.
:hug: s and :angel: :kiss: es!!

4Everloved

Legend
Apr 18, 2007
Tennessee, USA
✟36,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm guessing that Boo Radley is the character in 'To Kill a Mockingbird'? I believe I do undertand where you are coming from. You are loved and received here. Come back often.

I just prayed for you a few minutes ago after 1st reading this. Then I finally posted after I figured out what Boo-Radley meant.

Upvote 0

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hang in there.

Anniversaries can be miserable.
Sometimes it is hard to remember that our emotional malfunctions aren't necessarily reality but little chemicals in our brain and nothing more.

As far as anniversaries...have you ever had counseling for things? Writing can help a lot, like write a letter goodbye to him. A therapist would know how to best direct writing exercises, guiding you through the feelings rather than opening them up and then getting lost in them.
I have been in therapy for bout 10 years now. I am a writer. Poetry is my main thing. I wrote a poem to my bro last year at this time. Thing is, it made things worse. I was in an episode for three months.
Thank you for the kind words.
:hug:s and :angel: :kiss:es!!

Upvote 0

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm guessing that Boo Radley is the character in 'To Kill a Mockingbird'? I believe I do undertand where you are coming from. You are loved and received here. Come back often.

I just prayed for you a few minutes ago after 1st reading this. Then I finally posted after I figured out what Boo-Radley meant.
Honestly, I never did read "To Kill a Mockingbird" LOL I've had other people ask me the same thing.
I just refer boo-radily to the "high-state, all emotions running together, thousand thought per second, don't know which end is up, becoming broken" state of mind.
Boo-radily is much more simple. :p
Thanks for the prayers and support.
:hug:s and :angel: :kiss:es!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.