Bombshell leaked emails show Biden Administration refused to approve evacuation planes

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say, that the government would prevent private planes from entering a dangerous situation. What was Biden thinking? Instead he ordered private planes to assist in the evacuation out of harm's way. Sounds like an impeachable offense.

Pentagon orders U.S. airlines to help fly Afghanistan evacuees (cnbc.com)
As much as the Biden administration tried to take credit for a group that was rescued, that fact is that there are ZERO U.S. government employees in Afghanistan rescuing stranded Americans. As we know, Joe had told them, told the world, that the U.S. would stay until they were out. These private rescuers are their chance to avoid possible torture and execution.

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Now? You want to send more civilians into Afghanistan NOW to join the ones who can't get out?
I can't send anyone there, I don't have the power. We have a situation where Joe said ". . . if there's American citizens left, we're gonna stay to get them all out." (ABC News, August 18) and it turns out Joe lied to us all. The reality is Joe has abandoned them. There are courageous Americans who would risk their lives to help others, and I feel that the Biden administration should at least not hinder them.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I can't send anyone there, I don't have the power. We have a situation where Joe said ". . . if there's American citizens left, we're gonna stay to get them all out." (ABC News, August 18) and it turns out Joe lied to us all. The reality is Joe has abandoned them.

They should have left a long time ago. But yes, Biden blatantly broke his promise. It was a promise he shouldn't have made, because he should have known he couldn't fulfill it.

There are courageous Americans who would risk their lives to help others, and I feel that the Biden administration should at least not hinder them.

Okay. We're talking about charter flights here, not sending in private American planes. Technically, the US is not preventing flights from leaving Afghanistan. The State Department just isn't letting them land in bases we control, or telling other countries that it's okay to take them in. Yes, that certainly looks like a screwup, and Biden has some 'splaining to do there.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They should have left a long time ago. But yes, Biden blatantly broke his promise. It was a promise he shouldn't have made, because he should have known he couldn't fulfill it.

Okay. We're talking about charter flights here, not sending in private American planes. Technically, the US is not preventing flights from leaving Afghanistan. The State Department just isn't letting them land in bases we control, or telling other countries that it's okay to take them in. Yes, that certainly looks like a screwup, and Biden has some 'splaining to do there.
Yes, though we need more than words. Charter flights with American citizens should at least be able to land at U.S. bases or in the Unites States. I am not asking you specifically, I am asking everyone: How can you lawfully ban American citizens fleeing terrorists from entering the United States? If they get the opportunity should the charter flights take off? What if they fly and fly and start running out of fuel, what will Joe do if they try and land at a U.S. base or in the United States? And what about our Afghan allies, we left more the majority who were properly vetted and approved back in Afghanistan, while flying out convicted rapists and those with child brides?

Upvote 0