Bold and to the point vs. bold meek and gentleness

F.R.O.G.101

Jan 16, 2005
✟1,479.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Which one are you? I have heard a lot about wayofthemaster.com, have been there, have watched one of his movies. I have noticed how he witness, have seen the people blundering at his words, well, I'm not that type of bold, I can't go up to people and tell them YOU ARE GOING TO HELL UNLESS YOU CHANGE, I can't be that type of bold, I feel it is being rude, and inconsiderate, I like to break things a little mor gentler. We I was down, becouse They had me thinking, am I cut out for this? Is this what God wants me to do here and now? Well, last night I was praying God would show me a bible verse He wanted me to read, how He showed it to me is I was fliping through the mini concordance in the back of my new testament (with Psalms and Proverbs) and God showed me 1 Peter 3:15-16:
1 Peter 3:15-16
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
And then I relized, we all have our style of Witnessing, yours is probably way different than mine. I can be bold, but my boldness will be with meakness and respect for the other persons feelings.
Your Sister in Christ,
Anna

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
Hi there

The idea isn't about going up to a stranger on the streets and start telling them they're going to hell if they don't change. The idea is to be respectful, gentle and meek with people. Be polite, tell them a joke and then swing to the things of God. Stuff like "Do you have a christian background?" is a great way to start prodding.

I personally think that letting your light shine is an good way to witness but the major drawback is that people don't come to Christ because they know you're a christian. Something must influence them to come to you and ask about how to get saved. So often for us, we need to actually make a way to speak our faith into their lives then the light that shines through you will draw them to get saved.

The tricky thing about people is that everyone is different. Sometimes you need to be bold and in your face to get the gospel through, most other times you need to be gentle, meek and sincere.

Upvote 0