Boebert denounces new Biden Administration strategy to combat antisemitism as an effort to target conservatives

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
LINK

President Biden on Thursday released the country’s first national strategy for combating antisemitism, a landmark lauded by Jewish and anti-hate groups as progress toward addressing the increasing instances of violence and bias toward Jewish people in the United States.

But Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) saw the effort as an attack on those of her political persuasion. “When they say stuff like this, they mean they want to go after conservatives,” she tweeted. “Their tactics are straight out of the USSR’s playbook.”

Her comments quickly attracted criticism from detractors who accused her of conflating a straightforward campaign against antisemitism with an assault on the right — and, by implication, equating conservatives with antisemites.

“If anyone finds opposition to hate threatening, they need to look inward,” [Deputy WH Press Secretary] Bates said in a statement. “Congresswoman Boebert should also Google the Soviet Union’s long, repulsive history of antisemitism.

Biden on Thursday announced a four-pillar strategy to confront hate in a video address, outlining a plan that includes more than 100 steps for the government to take. The goals include increasing awareness and understanding of antisemitism, ramping up security for Jewish communities, reversing the normalization of discrimination, and improving on collective efforts to counter hate.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My representative!

Would be interesting if she gave a specific example.

For those interested in how the Soviet Union really got into peoples heads and twisted morality, Id recommend this by the Nobel laureate poet:

The_Captive_Mind_by_Czeslaw_Milosz.jpg

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,135.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How does Boebert define "conservative?" Webster's says it's favoring free enterprise, private ownership, and socially traditional ideas.

Someone can be conservative and also be anti-Semitic, but the anti-Semitism has nothing to do with conservatism. People of any or no political persuasion can be prejudiced, and even hate criminals.

I applaud President Biden for his policy decision.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LINK

President Biden on Thursday released the country’s first national strategy for combating antisemitism, a landmark lauded by Jewish and anti-hate groups as progress toward addressing the increasing instances of violence and bias toward Jewish people in the United States.

But Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) saw the effort as an attack on those of her political persuasion. “When they say stuff like this, they mean they want to go after conservatives,” she tweeted. “Their tactics are straight out of the USSR’s playbook.”

Her comments quickly attracted criticism from detractors who accused her of conflating a straightforward campaign against antisemitism with an assault on the right — and, by implication, equating conservatives with antisemites.

“If anyone finds opposition to hate threatening, they need to look inward,” [Deputy WH Press Secretary] Bates said in a statement. “Congresswoman Boebert should also Google the Soviet Union’s long, repulsive history of antisemitism.

Biden on Thursday announced a four-pillar strategy to confront hate in a video address, outlining a plan that includes more than 100 steps for the government to take. The goals include increasing awareness and understanding of antisemitism, ramping up security for Jewish communities, reversing the normalization of discrimination, and improving on collective efforts to counter hate.
Same WaPo article for free

• Useful
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟69,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The white conservative is probably the Jewish person's greatest ally. Why would the zionists do this?
Coughs... I'll let you talk to my Jewish friends who are pretty much terrified of "white conservatives". These flyers showed up at several of my friends in Danville CA. Heck I'm terrified of them too. Although I'm Greek Orthodox, I have a Jewish last name. In fact, my last name is the same as one of the CEOs listed in one of these pictures. No relation though :(

1685220607389.png

1685220639212.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Coughs... I'll let you talk to my Jewish friends who are pretty much terrified of "white conservatives". These flyers showed up at several of my friends in Danville CA. Heck I'm terrified of them too. Although I'm Greek Orthodox, I have a Jewish last name. In fact, my last name is the same as one of the CEOs listed in one of these pictures. No relation though :(

View attachment 331634
View attachment 331635
Okay let me just ask you this then. If the mainstream media is dominated by Jewish people, why would they vilify Donald Trump, who was apparently a close ally of Israel and Bibi? This is something I simply don't get.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay let me just ask you this then. If the mainstream media is dominated by Jewish people, why would they vilify Donald Trump, who was apparently a close ally of Israel and Bibi? This is something I simply don't get.
American Jews are American, they live here, not in Israel {where certain conservatives seem to think they belong).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
American Jews are American, they live here, not in Israel {where certain conservatives seem to think they belong).
Pretty sure American Jews would care about a country filled with others of their same race

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They are good judges of character?
Who cares if someone is uncouth if they do exploits for you. Judge people based on their actions not their words. The content of one's character should be based on what they accomplish

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Pretty sure American Jews would care about a country filled with others of their same race
This is perilously close to the 'dual loyalty' slander. That said, while American Jews may care about Israel, that does not automatically make them supporters of the Israeli government, any more than the many Iranian expatriates in the US are fond of the Iranian government (but may dearly love the Iranian people and wish they could visit Isfahan again).

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That said, while American Jews may care about Israel, that does not automatically make them supporters of the Israeli government,
I'm not saying American Jews should support Netanyahu, I'm saying they should probably support the preservation of their own race. Trump seemed to anyway, so why wouldn't American Jewry (whether in media positions or no) why would they not support someone who supported their race?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Maybe, and I know this might sound crazy, it's because he's a terrible person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I'm not saying American Jews should support Netanyahu, I'm saying they should probably support the preservation of their own race.
No doubt that's why many American Jewish organizations welcome this action by the Biden Administration to combat antisemitism in the United States.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why?

And...race? Are the Ethiopian Jews the same race as the Ashkenazim or the Sephardim? An awful lot of American Jews consider themselves "white" like you and Boebert. And a lot of American Jews are not Zionists.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Who mentioned genocide?
Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map. Trump stood up for Israel by removing from the JCPOA and put pressure on Iran. Why would American jews want to vilify a man who stands up for their race? I don't get it and nobody can ever give me a solid explanation.

Upvote 0