Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
It looks like you have a long list here Ez and I understand that you are trying to present some proof about misconduct here but man you have every accusation in the world going on here

And your using assumptions that somehow Christians have a shield called the creed to protect them from every debate

And your speaking for staff adding to our words or taking us out of context

It's dangerous to accuse with sweeping generalizations as if folks hear something long enough they will start to believe it whether its true or not

I haven't seen any of that happening here while trying to get to the bottom of this

But I do appreciate that some of the church goers here would be uncomfortable having Christian doctrine dissected and challenged ... It gets to me sometimes too

Don't step in as the sarogate mod ok

I will tell you now what is acceptable and just relax when I'm done ok?

No need to tell me how staff is run I have been around for years and this area was developed by me so I know exactly the expectation in this area

This area is a safe haven for the congregation listed

MJ as well as a few others is comprised of a jumble of Messianic groups not all in total agreement so the sop is very important

Of course those that are closer in agreement to it are going to be the most comfortable here and those having issues with it will be least comfortable but that is always the case when groups are more general

We ask folks that if you have unresolved issues with the sop deal with them by avoiding those topics of discussion don't campaign to have them changed and don't push an agenda to demonize folks you disagree with

But sometimes folks feel so frustrated that they don't fit in quite right with in their own faith group or congregational group they react in a kinda battle vibe and even if they don't see that's what they are doing, they will go into attack mode for long periods of time

When that happens we have to take it back to the sop

Ask yourselves
Where does this sop not fit me and my lifestyle exactly

Can I live with the fact that I don't line up exactly in here compared with others
Or will it drive me crazy

Some folks can brush up the small differences but not the big ones and some can even handle the big differences with no issues

Please everyone look at what the sop says and do some soul searching to see if this place is right for you

1. Being Torah positive is a trait of Messianic Judiasm -whether folks live it out in a small way or in extream ways is the spectrum we have to deal with

If you don't fit in the spectrum don't jump into threads that discuss that topic

2. Non observance although a reality isn't what MJ is known for- if your nonobservant don't promote that practise as that isn't any better than some one who says Torah is abolished- just skip those subjects and enjoy the fellowship here

I don't think I can be any more concise than that

As far as the list of complaints above one thing

3.The sop protects the Torah observer( the full spectrum) and non Torah observer from flames by pointing out
. We realize that not all Messianics have equal levels of Torah observance. The disputes concerning this matter will not be tolerated.
Please don't find yourself making someone else feel miserable about their own personal choices of following Torah by using their experience as a yardstick
Ok ?

Gxg (G²);62209220 said:
Hey Tish :)

By no means is debate of Christian teaching being confused with personal practice - as as others Messianics have noted that before. There's a difference between someone saying, in example, that they don't prefer to go to Church on Sunday - and someone else saying "All Christians are decieved to go to Church on Sunday" or "Christians who have fellowship on Sunday rather than Saturday are Non-Observant Violators of God's Law."
All of them, nonetheless, have all been held accountable for things that they are not to do as it concerns the Site Wide rules. There are already cases where others have said in Catholic forums where they have differences in view - be it Eastern Catholics not seeing marriage the same or Roman Catholics having a differing view on certain saints. However, one thing that stays consistent is that there is proclamation that Christ is LORD - and if anyone said on that forum or others that Christians do not love the Lord and that the Nicene Creed was not godly, it was not supported. Other mods have pointed that out as well when it comes to the fact that everyone posting MUST be a Christian rather than self-proclaiming to not be Christian and engage in trying to denoucne any/all who are....

The fellowship you're at with the UMJC does not advocate that Christianity and Messianic Judaism are different - nor does it support bashing of Christians in claiming "Christians don't keep the Mosaic Law" or that anyone Christian does not value the Torah/Festivals. This is not a difficult issue to understand, IMHO.

This is also in addition to the fact that that on each/every forum there is NO personal attacks allowed. Regardless of differences between an Eastern Catholic and a Roman Catholic - or differences in other groups - they do not go around at any point saying of the other "Well, you're just not CATHOLIC " and get others to join in. For that goes starkly against the Site Wide forum rules of not doing personal commentary/attacks on others - as opposed to dealing with postings. The same should apply here as well - if wer're to be consistent. ContraMundum has noted that. Messianic Mommy has noted that. Macher has noted that and dozens of other Messianic Jews/Messianic Gentiles who adhere to Messianic Judaism.

As said before:

• Claiming that Christians universally do not adhere to the Law of God (Torah)/Mosaic code while Messianics do.
  • Claiming that Christians universally say the Torah is done away with
  • Claiming that Gentiles are all called to observe all Laws that the Hebrews were called to - in the name of Messianic Judaism.
  • Claiming that those who do not claim Gentiles are meant to look like Hebrews/Jews at all points are not Messianic Jews or with Messianic Judaism
These are the same things other Messianic Jews have noted before on the boards - should it be taken as if it is solely myself who has noted the issue. Messianic Judaism at large has spoken out against this simple reality multiple times - especially as it concerns One Law and not dealing properly with Torah Observance when it comes to not realizing distinction. This is not to say, for example, that Gentiles are somehow NOT allowed to observe if the wish. Rather, it is an issue of speaking in generalities rather than honoring what Jewish believers have said since the days of Christ when it comes to Gentiles not being called to all of the same things as Jews did.

The forum was never said to be for other congregations - as what was noted was that the forum is for discussion on Messianic Judaism.

What tends to happen is that ONE FORM of what happens in Messianic Judaism seems to be protected - whereas other forms (the dominant ones) like the UMJC or MJAA that do support Christianity/have no issue seeing Messianic Judaism as being Jewish Christianity are told by a select number of others to be "against Messianic Judaism." Whenever that happens, as other Messianic Jews and Messianic Gentiles have noted, you really do not have diversity as much as one side trying to dictate what they want.

There was consensus made not too long ago that others wanted diversity - and that those not liking it simply could choose to leave matters alone. That has not been respected - and that is an issue, IMHO, of hypocrisy since the same people often complaining do not do what they ask of others.
I agree.

That is on the same level as someone saying ( as was said in this thread and others) "You're outside the Kingdom of God for eating a Ham Sandwhich" or "You're not apart of the Kingdom because you don't feel that Gentiles were called specifically to be circumcised/shave their beards as the Hebrews have."

This has come up often in multiple places. People have claimed "We need Torah Observance" and yet they don't respect the fact that their own level of observance was never the universal standard - nor do they even come close to observing at all points/places. When people make room for themselves in saying what they do or don't observe in certain places while condemining others for doing the same, that is an issue of inconsistency
That makes sense. Nonetheless, I do think that what you noted also works in reverse - as it concerns others debating their right to NOT eat - and then trying to push the matter onto others saying "You have to stop eating that" or "You need to stop saying that!!" ...and then having entire conversations shifting toward that focus in the name of how they feel you don't observe well enough...or close to what they want.

It would be one thing if someone said "I understand you feel you have freedom to eat that sandwhich - but I don't think it's right".....but it'd be another thing to claim "You're a wannabee, Tish - just like every other Jew who believes - they are just converts to Christianity or Hebrew Christians!!".......and when they continue on discussing that/claiming you're not truly Observant, I would think it would need to end there. That is what others have been seeking to point out.

Just a couple of postings ago, it was said that others were "dishonest/decieving" simply for disagreeing. That was never dealt with. The same thing goes for others such as Contra and Qnts2 who are Messianic Jews and yet it was said they were not truly Observant - a grave insult to Messianic Jews and something they've said before.

People have been checked for far less in the name of "That was a personal attack" - yet it's allowed to flourish with no intervention.

Amen - and I do not believe anyone is of the mindset that Christian theology is protected here if it differs from Messianic Jewish teaching or the SoP.

What others are noting is that much of Mainstream Messianic Judaism has already been directly in line with Christianity - just as the early body of Jewish believers were for centuries. When it comes to MJ teaching - be it the UMJC or the MJAA or the IMJA and others - this is soemthing that is discussed often. Yet it is often claimed that Messianics do not do things that most Messianic Jews have long said to be myths. Examples would be:

• Many Messianics have always gone to Church on Sunday while also seeing Saturday as Sabbath
  • Many have noted Torah to be instructive for the Nations/Gentiles while also seeing that Torah already gave clear cut distinctions - with many laws never being applicable to Gentiles for mandatory observance.
  • Many have long said they LOVE the Church :) And they've also said where the Lord works powerfully there in Non-Messianic circles just as in Messianic Jewish ones.
  • Many have long noted that Christianity is FAR from being Anti-Semitic or Anti-Israel - especially for those familar with Jewish Christianity or Christian Zionism and others who have long said that Israel is God's chosen people and that the Lord will defend her.
Of course Christian theology is not protected here if its different from MJ teaching or our sop - but as other mods have said, all of that is within the system of what CF has said on the Christianity it supports - each and every forum being asked to do just that.

No one goes into the Faith Forums claiming "Yeshua was never God in the Flesh" since the UnOrthdox boards were made for that - as that's something which was said to not be allowed SITE Wide on any of the Faith Forums. It was said that ALL of the Faith Boards are expressely seen as Christian Communities and Christian Faith Groups - and the impression one gets is that it's allowed for anyone to come onto them and say that Christianity is essentially something God is not pleased while Messianic Judaism is where it's at.

Every other forum has been asked to be held to account for this - and it's why every other forum has noted that each SoF cannot be used to make room for others to say anything that mocks Christianity or Christians or the Nicene Creed. If that was not the case, then it's the case that we're essentially an Anti-Christian forum that is more than content saying that denouncing CHrisitanity is appropriate.

That's not what others have said, Sister Tish. Again, others have noted how many were told they were not "apart of the Kingdom" - whereas others blantantly claimed those not observing in the same way as them were simply "NON-Observant" at ALL Points - and then going so far as to claim people were teaching Torah was not for Gentiles...despite where others with differing levels already said Torah can be instructive for Gentiles.

That one is always interesting - seeing that all here desire to observe the TOrah/God's laws - and yet it's consistently claimed that people not observing in one area and sharing their stance (when questioned) are teaching "non-observance." That's like saying someone is "Non-Observant" at all points when it comes to noting that they don't shave the edges of their beard due to thinking it was for a specific group ...and yet they already celebrate the festivals/feasts and practice Kosher or help the poor.

It was said of others that they are not truly Messianic Jewish as well. All of those things have been noted/pointed out dozens of times - but it often seems it simply gets avoided.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Macher in the MJ forum there are many wonderful subjects of discussion besides Torah as well

If you stick to those you can relate with ,you will be setting the highest example of love! :)

You will rarely see me in a Torah thread except to break up a fight
I agree 110%. It's like saying if you're not align with Messianic Jewish theology then you're not part of the real deal. Isn't loving The Lord with all your heart the weightiest matter? Does loving The Lord mean you have to be Torah observant? What about loving your neighbor, caring for widows etc?

Is keeping the Sabbath, kosher a measure we are to judge others? Or is it being self righteous to measure what you observe compared to others?

I know believers who don't keep the Sabbath, eat pork and worship on Sunday who keep more Torah than those that observe the Sabbath and keep kosher.

It's one thing to discuss Torah observance and in reference to non Jews. The Torah doesn't forbid a non Jew from observance anyway and doesn't command a non Jew to observe especially in this age one is free.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I think that sometimes when you feel like the under dog you feel like you have to bring a world of proof facts with you to the table every time and much of your time revolves around collecting these ,not sharing from your heart

Since you are asking what we can do as a family .....

Try it.... Just try for a while , try looking for the emotional connection in the subject and deliver a deep emotional response to the subject to set the example for others to hopefully follow.... Also remember honey catches more flies than vinegar .... I think adding some honey will help others slide out of teacher / debater mode for a while into friend :)

Just try for a while

What made us fall in love with MJ anyway ? was it something heared or something experienced?
Tish, I think part of the issue is the way several posters have had their posts misrepresented and misquoted, as well as posts from other threads (some of them closed awhile ago) used to prove points of contention. There needs to be (again) a reminder that when a poster is challenged, it is not acceptable to sling mud. This seems to be a continuous problem that closes many of our threads. There is a lack of education, I guess, on the part of a poster in the fine art of argument and discussion. When challenged - back off gracefully and accept defeat if necessary.
We also have the ongoing situation of long, wordy posts that take a long time to read. Should these situations be addressed privately with the party involved once and for all instead of having to do this "family room chat so often?

Upvote 0

macher

Oct 13, 2012
✟840.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Tishri I guess I'm accustomed to the Messianic Judaism that I'm involved with. I'm not knocking you or anyone. Is it the goal of this forum to establish an own brand of Messianic Judaism that is not in line with the likes of MJAA?

The only Messianic Judaism I'm accustomed too is MJAA. I'm not sure if anyone has been to the Messiah Conference.

Upvote 0

anisavta

Never Forget!
May 25, 2008
Too far away from Jerusalem
✟16,693.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Frankly, I haven't posted much here for a long while. I just can't take the time to read all the stuff. If it's a short post and the subject matter isn't too over the edge or if the posts are congenial and not going for the jugular, then I'll stay. Otherwise, I bow out. I don't have the time to invest in hand to hand combat like I'm seeing redevelop again. Seems we're back to the same stuff we fought long and hard about last year.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Do you ever go to the west coast ones?
Tishri I guess I'm accustomed to the Messianic Judaism that I'm involved with. I'm not knocking you or anyone. Is it the goal of this forum to establish an own brand of Messianic Judaism that is not in line with the likes of MJAA?

The only Messianic Judaism I'm accustomed too is MJAA. I'm not sure if anyone has been to the Messiah Conference.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Frankly, I haven't posted much here for a long while. I just can't take the time to read all the stuff. If it's a short post and the subject matter isn't too over the edge or if the posts are congenial and not going for the jugular, then I'll stay. Otherwise, I bow out. I don't have the time to invest in hand to hand combat like I'm seeing redevelop again. Seems we're back to the same stuff we fought long and hard about last year.
hey ani my 17 year old flew out there today ...pray he's successful in coaching his gymnastics team all by himself.... The competition is tomorrow!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ok your misrepresenting me and staff now Ez why?
This are you using my words to somehow silence this group into submission??
Hey Tishri :)

Respectfully, who said anything about silencing anyone into submission?

Seriously.

If that were the case, then there'd be no repeated cases where people were actively involved in debates on many issues - some never having agreement. And with all due respect, what I've seen is YOUR words being used by others to silence all others they've deemed to be "non-Messianic" into submission because they don't think others are Torah Observant enough and don't want any positive discussion of CHristianity promoted on the boards - as it has been said this is a "Messianic Judaism Forum" and thus JUdaism is to be promoted rather than Christianity. I've yet to see where Messianic Judaism was automatically meant to be divorced from all things Christians - and the UMJC has said the same.

There've already been plenty of others who've debated on a number of occassions - some of whom were told by the same group you note that they COULD NOT voice a view disagreeing with their own and I/others jumped in to say that others shouldn't feel like they're being "policed" for having differences of view - or simply having honest questions and wrestling on things.

As I and other see it - the moment you say that you as a Messianic Jew/Messianic Gentile support Nicene Christianity - as many do - it is said by others that one isn't truly "Messianic" due to the claim that the background of Nicene itself was one of denouncing all things Jewish. I am wondering why that is the case when there should be freedom for others to express that view - well supporting by Mainstream Messianic Judaism and the CF site wide rules for Congregation forums?

How is it that Messianic Jews/Messianic Gentiles who advocate Nicene Christianity - or other things found commonly within traditional Christianity and yet be told daily that one is somehow trying to "slip" things into the boards that are not Messianic. Can you honestly say that has been addressed? For many Messianic Jews have YET to see that addressed at all. And that seems illogical to do on a Christian Faith Forum.

It's not as if being Messianic makes you automatically "not Christian" and suddenly you cannot share on many things you still have in common witht traditional Christianity. Everyone here uses Bibles - made by CHristians. Everyone shares current events on what's happening in Israel - just as Christians do. Many here love differing types of musical styles and worship - just as many Christians love.

What is the bottom line?

Sincerly, I believe I have already said it as others have. This is a Messianic Judaism forum where others in the movement can feel support/safety. Not a place where others who disagree are told they are either "just Christians" or told that Christians don't support Torah - or told, due to differences in observance, that they are just "Non Observaant."

It's no different than others claiming they want to be Torah Observant and claiming that others denoucned them as not caring for any of that. Bottom line is that respect goes BOTH ways - and I've not seen that at all. What I have seen is attacking others who disagree and then claiming one's "Attacked" simply for responding. Others Messianics have noted the same thing I have and I'm asking for that to be respected.
This direction your trying to go in is out of control
And the direction of others who have focused on several other posters claiming they're not "Torah Observant" enough or don't honor Yeshua for not observing in the same areas they feel He would? How is that any different here? For there has been notice on the other side as well - repeatedly (and in this thread as well).

Again, why is nothing said to them when other Messianic Jews have long noted it to be an issue?
I sence you might be deeply hurt about something said or done here but to campaign to have their voices silenced about the main subject of conversation, Torah ,and using staff , the creed, submission to me even is way out if bounds..... Please tell me I'm wrong and please tell me from your heart what your feeling....

Tishri,

I'm rather good, no different than other Messianics have noted that in agreement and spelled out the same issues before:). I don't really care to agree with others who've made it out that they're DISAGREEABLE whenever it comes to what they don't like - or trying to silence anyone (With the SoF) that doesn't agree with their preferences on Observance and saying "They're not Torah Observant and don't belong here." That is their opion - and opinion alone, IMHO.

As I have said multiple times - from the heart - I am with Messianic Judaism in the Mainstream (UMJC) and I support what they hold to when it comes to noting their support for Christianity and not seeing it as "anti-Jewish" or "anti-Torah" universally...and I take it seriously whenever others make claims that others in support of that are "not Messianic Jewish in lifestyle" or get badgered on it in the name of "This is Messianic JUDAISM Forum - not Messianic Christianity!!!" and other things that don't represent Christians.

I don't appreciate it when other Jews like Contra or QnTs2 have been told they're simply 'converts to Christianity" rather than Messianic Jews in Messianic Judaism - as that's slander - and I don't appreciate it when others mock and yet no one does it to them. That's as simple as I can get it.

If you disagree, fine. It is what it is and I'm not the only Messianic who has said it - as dozens of others have as well. That doesn't seem to be addressed - and on the issue, I simply ask for addressment on the following:

• Did you say it was "campaigning" whenever other visitors would ask questions and they were told "You can't debate here, you don't belong here!" - and it was reported by the same members who felt others couldn't discuss things in disagreement with the SoP and CF Creed?
  • Did you assume "hurt" if others noted posters to have been focused on being anti-semitic and advocating Replacement theology on the boards?
  • Did you assume "hurt" when others - the same people complaining/getting others into it - saying they didn't feel like they were accepted on their forum and that others weren't "Torah Observant" because they disagreed?
I didn't see any of that at any point - nor did it get suggested when those things were reported by members. I ask why it seems differently was done here.

Don't make a case against these folks here.
Do you feel this place isn't reflecting who you are with the topics being covered?

They're still making cases against others, Tish - and have noted it. From calling others "dishonest" to saying they don't love God's law.

Again, why have you said anything to them when several other posters have noted that exact thing REPEATEDLy to you? Do you not believe Contra when he said the observances of others who disagreed were being judged? Just saying. It's not a matter of one side making a case and the other side simply being quiet. Otherwise, there'd be not repeated threads made on the issue of others in the forum not being Torah Observant or complaints made on it.

Tell me why you are angry or hurt or what happened to make you go this far to want to stop them
Do you feel this place isn't reflecting who you are with the topics being covered?
I'd like to know what made them - both here and on MD - so angry or hurt that they made it a goal to try to stop others from posting in the forum who disagreed - be it with Christianity or Observances of Gentiles in differing levels compared to Jews...or in discussing things Messianic Judaism has in common with the Church. I alongside others have long felt the place is just fine in the SoF and there are numerous discussions we had on the issue in appreciation for it.

I'm not seeing why that seems to be forgotten - or ignored. Others on the other side have been complaining for the most part in multiple ways of how they don't feel comfortable with each of the people

Sometimes forums do appear to have splits based on topic infighting

Tell me what is it?
I agree...and as said before, it's why some topics people should only get involved in if they agree.

This topic on the Body of Israel and the Church was an open ended topic for others to share their thoughts. Many like-minded people shared. The moment there was discussion on the technicalities of that, one side agreed and another disagreed and asked for why the other felt as they did. When that was shared, all kinds of mess/accusations broke lose. That to me seems like an issue of people not being able to handle agreements well - at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It looks like you have a long list here Ez and I understand that you are trying to present some proof about misconduct here but man you have every accusation in the world going on here
Hey Tish :)

I don't see where I've said anything different than several others here have other the years. And I haven't said every accusation in the world. That'd be inaccurate on what was said - for no one said one group of posters that disagreed with the group I side with are horrible people. No one said that they don't have a right to observe on the level of Torah they wish - nor did I say that they were not admirable in their passion/zeal for what they hold strongly and were not people with good traits.

What was noted was that many have complained repeatedly on making threads for specific people - with similar interests - and having others who sharply disagree jump in/claim you're "bothering them" simply because they choose to be in a discussion that was not made for them....and then trying to make claims of not loving God's Torah or being truly "Messianic Judaism."

I am asking specifically - based on what on what you said - if the same logic applies to each and every thread for others where there is a level of observance most are content with ...and others jump in denoucning it. For if it a place where others can feel safe in Torah Observance, I'd would think that'd also apply for each and every instance where any poster was told they were "Non-Observant" for not having the same level - and as others have said, not observing in the same areas as another/finding agreement with others who have the same mindset doesn't equate to "Non Observance" being preached overall.

Sincerely, as much as we talk on "all protected", that has not been seen by many....as evidenced in the simple amount of times many jump into discussions/threads where others are and make THEIR experience miserable.

Seriously, be it Contra or Macher or Qnts2 or the author of this OP - who already shared he did not appreciate it - is that taken into account or not? For it seems that what you said really applies one way...and I say that due to how I've not really seen any real addressment of others in the matter - and really a singling out.

Please again show where I said anything else short of saying that people need to stop juding others/accusing them on their level of observance or denouncing Christians. For that is the main focus I had. Not disagreements with certain things taught in Christian circles - or debate itself. :)

And your using assumptions that somehow Christians have a shield called the creed to protect them from every debate
Not really accurate, IMHO - seeing that I alongside SEVERAL others have consistently debated Christianity...as it concerns many things taught in the mainstream multiple times. It's not a problem giving reference for such. In each and every instance, however, we try to stay in line with what the rest of CF may ask for.

I have already debated with others, in example, who have said that everything in the development of Nicene Christianity was a positive - and yet in doing that/saying where not all believers hold to a Trinitarian point of view, I have never said that the Trinitarian view is a falsehood. You can ask Contra directly on that one as well as Macher, sevengreenbeans and others for example on that.
And your speaking for staff adding to our words or taking us out of context
IMHO, Haven't said anything other than trying to directly honor what you said and what CF said.

Nor do I have to make up anything when I already had other staff say "Thank you for sharing as you did". If you want, you can PM me and I'll share on it.

If you said Nicene Christianity cannot be denounced alongside Trinitarian views, I don't care to do so since that's really against the rules/what you asked for.

The same thing goes for making claims that all of Christianity is anti-semitic in foundation. If you don't agree with that and see it as error, there really should be no reason as to why you'd think others wouldn't and note it to not represent Christians. If you do, however, that's another story. Where I'm coming from is addressing what most of Messianic Judaism has said on the matter.

UMJC has never said that Christianity was universally "Anti-Semitic" or that "ALL Christians are universally against Torah Observance." I agree with them as do other Messianics - and thus, for those who do, there should be no issue in them being able to express views or note where such has never been true.

If a thread is going ont hat does not support that, by what you have expressely requested, others should NOT be going into those threads and promoting otherwise just as someone doesn't go into a thread on why avoiding pork is good and then claiming "Well pork is wonderful!!!" ....for there's a place for that.

Do you agree? Or do you not? Sincere question.
It's dangerous to accuse with sweeping generalizations as if folks hear something long enough they will start to believe it whether its true or not

I haven't seen any of that happening here while trying to get to the bottom of this

You are saying you've not seen at any point where it was said others were not "Torah Observant" or that Christians don't keep the Mosaic law? It was said dozens of times and defended - and other posters have noted it. It's not hidden, Tish.

But I do appreciate that some of the church goers here would be uncomfortable having Christian doctrine dissected and challenged ... It gets to me sometimes too
I don't think any church goers are really uncomfortable with having Christian doctrine dissected and challenged at all. Otherwise, they'd not do so frequently.

What many don't prefer is having words put in their mouths or the mouths of others. When you are Jewish in the Messianic Movement and a Christian, it's not really a matter of not wanting doctrine challenged as much as a matter of wanting accuracy/not falsehood when someone says a Christian is always "Anti-Semitic in foundation" or "Anti-Israel." For those Christians that are NEITHER and actually support Israel...as many have noted earlier in the discussion (if reading through it fully), it is an sweeping generalization.

Seriously, do you or your fellowship with UMJC (Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations) persoanlly agree with the sentiment that all Christians are Anti-Mosaic Law or Anti-Torah? I know UMJC does not support that - and thus, I do question why one would think it's somehow odd that others supporting it are put on offensive for advocating such.

Don't step in as the sarogate mod ok

Not trying to anymore than several others who've all complained on others either not belonging in the forum, not being "Torah Observant" enough or not representing Messianic Judaism to their liking.

Does the same thing you note apply to them as well? For if it does, something should be said to them for all the instances other members have pointed out when it comes to not trying to focus on others who don't agree with them. I've not seen that at all truthfully.

I will tell you now what is acceptable and just relax when I'm done ok?
Been relaxed throughout dialouge with you - so not really seeing why it'd be necessary to note that. But ok
No need to tell me how staff is run I have been around for years and this area was developed by me so I know exactly the expectation in this area

This area is a safe haven for the congregation listed

MJ as well as a few others is comprised of a jumble of Messianic groups not all in total agreement so the sop is very important
Already understood how the SoP was important, Sister Tishri :) - and I've already said to you before in agreement (as well as with Mark when he noted it years ago) that Messianic Judaism is a mix of many things.

It's why others have noted the need for allowing diversity. Where I and others are coming from is the constant hounding on anything differing from them on that simple issue. Contra, being a former mod, as well as many others have also pointed this out - and it doesn't really help when people on one side who feel more observant (in their view) are trying to talk on how others aren't "Messianic Jewish."

You wouldn't allow it for myself to do that. Why would you not do the same in reverse for others which several here have pointed out on differing occassions? Again, honest questions I've not really seen you tackle .

Of course those that are closer in agreement to it are going to be the most comfortable here

and those having issues with it will be least comfortable but that is always the case when groups are more general
That'd go with Contra Mundum, QnTs, Macher, myself and many others who had NO issue for the entire year. We were all very comfortable, Tish.:)

What seems to happen often is that others proclaiming themselves to be closer to the SoP have taken it on themselves to say such - in disregard of it - and then making it out as if others don't care for the SoP. People are comfortable posting Tishri on differing levels since they all see the SoP allowing differing levels and knowing that no one is flawless or perfect. That's why others shared directly on the issue when sharing consensus established in Messianic Judaism? when the subject was addressed ( #161 , #163 , #167 , #175 , #208 , #210 , #212 , #224 , #253 , #265 , #277 , #284 , #290 , #291 , and #486 ). And in Announcement in case anyone missed it.

We ask folks that if you have unresolved issues with the sop deal with them by avoiding those topics of discussion don't campaign to have them changed and don't push an agenda to demonize folks you disagree with
This is exactly what other Posters - from Contra to Macher and others - have been saying for ages, Tishri. Respectfully, none of us care to demonize anyone.

There are, however, multiple threads made to demonize anyone who DOESN'T seem "Torah Observant" enough...or others making threads on fellowship posts/subjects of Observance that others do not like. Which one are you comfortable with more?

But sometimes folks feel so frustrated that they don't fit in quite right with in their own faith group or congregational group they react in a kinda battle vibe and even if they don't see that's what they are doing, they will go into attack mode for long periods of time

When that happens we have to take it back to the sop

Ask yourselves
Where does this sop not fit me and my lifestyle exactly

Can I live with the fact that I don't line up exactly in here compared with others Or will it drive me crazy

Everyone here has asked those questions, Tishri - and everyone here has noted that they do not come close to meeting all things in it. IMHO, What is of focus is where others already have areas they don't line up with and yet telling others why they don't belong due to an area where they don't fit.
Some folks can brush up the small differences but not the big ones and some can even handle the big differences with no issues
Amen :amen:
Please everyone look at what the sop says and do some soul searching to see if this place is right for you

1. Being Torah positive is a trait of Messianic Judiasm -whether folks live it out in a small way or in extream ways is the spectrum we have to deal with

If you don't fit in the spectrum don't jump into threads that discuss that topic

2. Non observance although a reality isn't what MJ is known for- if your nonobservant don't promote that practise as that isn't any better than some one who says Torah is abolished- just skip those subjects and enjoy the fellowship here

I don't think I can be any more concise than that
I agree 100% - as I have before. But as said before, thank you for sharing :)
As far as the list of complaints above one thing

3.The sop protects the Torah observer( the full spectrum) and non Torah observer from flames by pointing out
Please don't find yourself making someone else feel miserable about their own personal choices of following Torah by using their experience as a yardstick
Ok ?
Thank you :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Right there with ya - and the same goes for the UMJC. Both of which have noted Messianic Judaism to be in connection with Christianity and noted that there are variances in the levels of observance with Gentiles and Jews in Messianic Judaism. If it is said that this is a forum for Messianic Judaism, it'd be logical to address that and allow that to be said without people claiming "That's not Messianic" - but that happens way too often.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I agree 110%. It's like saying if you're not align with Messianic Jewish theology then you're not part of the real deal. Isn't loving The Lord with all your heart the weightiest matter? Does loving The Lord mean you have to be Torah observant? What about loving your neighbor, caring for widows etc?

Is keeping the Sabbath, kosher a measure we are to judge others? Or is it being self righteous to measure what you observe compared to others?

I know believers who don't keep the Sabbath, eat pork and worship on Sunday who keep more Torah than those that observe the Sabbath and keep kosher.

It's one thing to discuss Torah observance and in reference to non Jews. The Torah doesn't forbid a non Jew from observance anyway and doesn't command a non Jew to observe especially in this age one is free.

What seems to often happen is that it has already been asked that if you're in a thread and see something you don't agree with, then don't get involved in it. This has happened a number of times and people have been good - yet if others feel someone is not observant enough, they jump into a thread. If you disagree with them when questioned, it's told you're not "respecting Torah" - and then it's made out as if you are making them have a horrible time when you were already misrepresented by them.

Personally, I'm still here in what the consensus was established as being in Announcement in case anyone missed it and Messianic Judaism? when the subject was addressed ( #161 , #163 , #167 , #175 , #208 , #210 , #212 , #224 , #253 , #265 , #277 , #284 , #290 , #291 , and #486 ).

The sword swings BOTH ways if we're talking about sticking in subjects with others we agree with. The thread itself had the author note - as anyone can be it on profile or personal email/PM - that there was mutual discussion..and yet when it went into paticulars that several others didn't like, the accusations swung out. None were saying to each/every one of those individuals that they were not "loving God's Torah" - but somehow it's assumed others telling them what to do in their own observance because they didn't agree. Doesn't really seem to line up:)

my 17 year old flew out there today ...pray he's successful in coaching his gymnastics team all by himself.... The competition is tomorrow!
Praying that he have much success and that he'd do well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Im sorry Ez but there is a whole lot of accusing going on, i know you said your not doing this cuz your hurt, but its on going and never stops yet when i read the posts here from the people you accuse i dont see the enormous amount of misconduct you are espousing.... Your posts are becoming a disruption to the peace and harmony of this forum

The accusations need to stop really its enough

I dont see hate toward Christians coming here spewing out of the MJs here but i will keep a look out, and as far as challanging topics dealing with Torah as most of these are, its quite all right to address Christian teaching in debate

I havent seen demonizing of Christians here but it does disturb me that the members are being harassed this way

I cant help but believe this is not the result of something your going thru but since you say its not then all the more it needs to stop right now

People cannot conduct any type of fellowship under these circumstances

No one can thrive under constant accusation, lets all take a breather and get back to some fun fellowship and start to appreciate eachother again

Gxg (G²);62211254 said:
Hey Tishri :)

Respectfully, who said anything about silencing anyone into submission?

Seriously.

If that were the case, then there'd be no repeated cases where people were actively involved in debates on many issues - some never having agreement. And with all due respect, what I've seen is YOUR words being used by others to silence all others they've deemed to be "non-Messianic" into submission because they don't think others are Torah Observant enough and don't want any positive discussion of CHristianity promoted on the boards - as it has been said this is a "Messianic Judaism Forum" and thus JUdaism is to be promoted rather than Christianity. I've yet to see where Messianic Judaism was automatically meant to be divorced from all things Christians - and the UMJC has said the same.

There've already been plenty of others who've debated on a number of occassions - some of whom were told by the same group you note that they COULD NOT voice a view disagreeing with their own and I/others jumped in to say that others shouldn't feel like they're being "policed" for having differences of view - or simply having honest questions and wrestling on things.

As I and other see it - the moment you say that you as a Messianic Jew/Messianic Gentile support Nicene Christianity - as many do - it is said by others that one isn't truly "Messianic" due to the claim that the background of Nicene itself was one of denouncing all things Jewish. I am wondering why that is the case when there should be freedom for others to express that view - well supporting by Mainstream Messianic Judaism and the CF site wide rules for Congregation forums?

How is it that Messianic Jews/Messianic Gentiles who advocate Nicene Christianity - or other things found commonly within traditional Christianity and yet be told daily that one is somehow trying to "slip" things into the boards that are not Messianic. Can you honestly say that has been addressed? For many Messianic Jews have YET to see that addressed at all. And that seems illogical to do on a Christian Faith Forum.

It's not as if being Messianic makes you automatically "not Christian" and suddenly you cannot share on many things you still have in common witht traditional Christianity. Everyone here uses Bibles - made by CHristians. Everyone shares current events on what's happening in Israel - just as Christians do. Many here love differing types of musical styles and worship - just as many Christians love.

Sincerly, I believe I have already said it as others have. This is a Messianic Judaism forum where others in the movement can feel support/safety. Not a place where others who disagree are told they are either "just Christians" or told that Christians don't support Torah - or told, due to differences in observance, that they are just "Non Observaant."

It's no different than others claiming they want to be Torah Observant and claiming that others denoucned them as not caring for any of that. Bottom line is that respect goes BOTH ways - and I've not seen that at all. What I have seen is attacking others who disagree and then claiming one's "Attacked" simply for responding. Others Messianics have noted the same thing I have and I'm asking for that to be respected.
And the direction of others who have focused on several other posters claiming they're not "Torah Observant" enough or don't honor Yeshua for not observing in the same areas they feel He would? How is that any different here? For there has been notice on the other side as well - repeatedly (and in this thread as well).

Again, why is nothing said to them when other Messianic Jews have long noted it to be an issue?

Tishri,

I'm rather good, no different than other Messianics have noted that in agreement and spelled out the same issues before:). I don't really care to agree with others who've made it out that they're DISAGREEABLE whenever it comes to what they don't like - or trying to silence anyone (With the SoF) that doesn't agree with their preferences on Observance and saying "They're not Torah Observant and don't belong here." That is their opion - and opinion alone, IMHO.

As I have said multiple times - from the heart - I am with Messianic Judaism in the Mainstream (UMJC) and I support what they hold to when it comes to noting their support for Christianity and not seeing it as "anti-Jewish" or "anti-Torah" universally...and I take it seriously whenever others make claims that others in support of that are "not Messianic Jewish in lifestyle" or get badgered on it in the name of "This is Messianic JUDAISM Forum - not Messianic Christianity!!!" and other things that don't represent Christians.

I don't appreciate it when other Jews like Contra or QnTs2 have been told they're simply 'converts to Christianity" rather than Messianic Jews in Messianic Judaism - as that's slander - and I don't appreciate it when others mock and yet no one does it to them. That's as simple as I can get it.

If you disagree, fine. It is what it is and I'm not the only Messianic who has said it - as dozens of others have as well. That doesn't seem to be addressed - and on the issue, I simply ask for addressment on the following:

• Did you say it was "campaigning" whenever other visitors would ask questions and they were told "You can't debate here, you don't belong here!" - and it was reported by the same members who felt others couldn't discuss things in disagreement with the SoP and CF Creed?
  • Did you assume "hurt" if others noted posters to have been focused on being anti-semitic and advocating Replacement theology on the boards?
  • Did you assume "hurt" when others - the same people complaining/getting others into it - saying they didn't feel like they were accepted on their forum and that others weren't "Torah Observant" because they disagreed?
I didn't see any of that at any point - nor did it get suggested when those things were reported by members. I ask why it seems differently was done here.

They're still making cases against others, Tish - and have noted it. From calling others "dishonest" to saying they don't love God's law.

Again, why have you said anything to them when several other posters have noted that exact thing REPEATEDLy to you? Do you not believe Contra when he said the observances of others who disagreed were being judged? Just saying. It's not a matter of one side making a case and the other side simply being quiet. Otherwise, there'd be not repeated threads made on the issue of others in the forum not being Torah Observant or complaints made on it.

I'd like to know what made them - both here and on MD - so angry or hurt that they made it a goal to try to stop others from posting in the forum who disagreed - be it with Christianity or Observances of Gentiles in differing levels compared to Jews...or in discussing things Messianic Judaism has in common with the Church. I alongside others have long felt the place is just fine in the SoF and there are numerous discussions we had on the issue in appreciation for it.

I'm not seeing why that seems to be forgotten - or ignored. Others on the other side have been complaining for the most part in multiple ways of how they don't feel comfortable with each of the people

I agree...and as said before, it's why some topics people should only get involved in if they agree.

This topic on the Body of Israel and the Church was an open ended topic for others to share their thoughts. Many like-minded people shared. The moment there was discussion on the technicalities of that, one side agreed and another disagreed and asked for why the other felt as they did. When that was shared, all kinds of mess/accusations broke lose. That to me seems like an issue of people not being able to handle agreements well - at all.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Im sorry Ez but there is a whole lot of accusing going on, i know you said your not doing this cuz your hurt, but its on going and never stops yet when i read the posts here from the people you accuse i dont see the enormous amount of misconduct you are espousing.... Your posts are becoming a disruption to the peace and harmony of this forum

The accusations need to stop really its enough

I dont see hate toward Christians coming here spewing out of the MJs here but i will keep a look out, and as far as challanging topics dealing with Torah as most of these are, its quite all right to address Christian teaching in debate

I havent seen demonizing of Christians here but it does disturb me that the members are being harassed this way

I cant help but believe this is not the result of something your going thru but since you say its not then all the more it needs to stop right now

People cannot conduct any type of fellowship under these circumstances

No one can thrive under constant accusation, lets all take a breather and get back to some fun fellowship and start to appreciate eachother again

Tish,

Like I said earlier, I would have loved to get back to the OP as the author of it desired way earlier - and it's not a problem when others don't throw out "You're not Torah Observant" for disagreement. Other Messianics have noted it - and said they wanted peace on the issue. I respect that - and peace has gone on before when it's respected.

Thus, if people want fellowship, by all means - fellowship :)

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Im closing this now folks

Please be nice to each other i will be watching;)

In case you missed my statement before i will say it again

Its ok to debate Christian doctrine
Not ok to devalue a christian who comes in with fellowship on their minds

Its ok to discuss MJ beliefs but pay attention to the sop as that is the rule of thumb here

It says Mj is torah positive
It says Mjs all are on different levels of observance and that is ok too

Please realise you will have as many different ways to be torah positive as there are congregations scattered all over the world so appreciate one another in that ok

All right done ..... PM me or come to MSC if you have anymore comments about this MJ forum:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.