Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I do, it is right in the Constitution, Article Five. Though I think what you want is a Amendments Convention, not a Constitutional Convention.
When you are right, you are right. That is what I was referring to. I argue it can and should be done if there is support for the cause.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nothing she said was partial.

She never said that. Why did you misinterpret her words?

You just misinterpreted mine. You seem to have a habit of that.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
You just misinterpreted mine. You seem to have a habit of that.
Not at all. I corrected you.

If you feel I misinterpreted you, then this can all be cleared up by YOU posting evidence where you claim the Justice does not think the constitution she swore to uphold defends human rights?

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When you are right, you are right. That is what I was referring to. I argue it can and should be done if there is support for the cause.

I don't think there is that much support for what you want to amend, but if you can get enough people together to start the process, go ahead.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
With our SCOTUS, they will just say its Unconstitutional and strike it down. We need a Constitutional Convention to force the courts to comply with the will of the people.

Even when the people want something Unconstitutional?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not at all. I corrected you.

If you feel I misinterpreted you, then this can all be cleared up by YOU posting evidence where you claim the Justice does not think the constitution she swore to uphold defends human rights?

If she thinks it does, and recommends against ours on the basis of human rights, it's evidence enough. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
If she thinks it does, and recommends against ours on the basis of human rights, it's evidence enough. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.
Wrong answer. You did not clarify your accusation with evidence, and will receive no points for the half-hearted attempt.

The fact is you did not understand what she meant, and so you have determined she hates the Constitution. It is a clear fact that our (old) Constitution was written in a time that had no idea what the future would be like, so our constitution never took into account many issues for today. Newer constitutions around the world have a better understanding of the world today, and it makes logical sense to look at those as more up to date.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wrong answer. You did not clarify your accusation with evidence, and will receive no points for the half-hearted attempt.

The fact is you did not understand what she meant, and so you have determined she hates the Constitution. It is a clear fact that our (old) Constitution was written in a time that had no idea what the future would be like, so our constitution never took into account many issues for today. Newer constitutions around the world have a better understanding of the world today, and it makes logical sense to look at those as more up to date.

I gave you an answer you didn't agree with. That doesn't make it wrong, but it does show you are judgemental.

The constitution was written to be the foundation for all laws in this country. A foundation is important, and that is obvious to anyone who does construction. If you want a building or country to fall apart, you weaken the foundation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No it means I think you don't understand what she said, and you reinforce my belief with each additional post.

I wasn't even addressing you, or your belief.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My belief that you did not understand what she was saying.

LOL That belief.

What? You were not addressing me when you said I am judgemental? LOL

Follow the sequence of posts to see what I meant. It'll be good for you to do that little bit of research.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Follow the sequence of posts to see what I meant. It'll be good for you to do that little bit of research.
No. I have concluded that you make too many comments without understanding, then make false claims like saying you weren't addressing me when you were.

Have a good day.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. I have concluded that you make too many comments without understanding, then make false claims like saying you weren't addressing me when you were.

Have a good day.

Ok, my apologies. I'm engaged in multiple conversations on multiple threads. It gets a little confusing. :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I gave you an answer you didn't agree with. That doesn't make it wrong, but it does show you are judgemental.

The constitution was written to be the foundation for all laws in this country. A foundation is important, and that is obvious to anyone who does construction. If you want a building or country to fall apart, you weaken the foundation.
And if you don't want San Fransisco crashing to the ground again, you build a better foundation the second time around.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

... and amend our own Constitution accordingly.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
She recommends against it as a modern human's right instrument. It's a late 18th century document with 18th century values. Most of the rights we now take for granted are not explicitly enumerated in the Constitution and are the result of court decisions down the centuries. It's better to just use as a basis a document that has them enumerated rather then hope that the courts go the same direction ours did.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Right. The corrupt among them can then invent arguments for the side they agree with in order to justify a decision. If justice was blind, there would be no cause for taking sides.

It is the very purpose of the supreme court to take a side. I suspect very few people think the supreme court has always been right. But we have nothing else that can take its place.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Even when the people want something Unconstitutional?

Well lets be reasonable. If you are convening a constitutional amendment meeting, its precisely because you want something that is currently unconstitutional.

Upvote 0