Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I guess you are not big on people speaking their mind on about their take on issues.

Judges are supposed to be impartial to the issues. Ginsberg clearly is not.

Upvote 0

Boondock_Saint

Member since 2006.
Jun 16, 2015
Chicago-ish
✟11,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I suggest that you read about the Life at Conception Act. It has died in Congress more than once, but it gets resurrected each time. Right now it has over 100 sponsors in Congress. One day it may pass and get signed by a Republican president. I am not predicting that it will become law, but simply saying that this could eventually happen. Abortion may one day become illegal. Do not forget what happened to slavery!

With our SCOTUS, they will just say its Unconstitutional and strike it down. We need a Constitutional Convention to force the courts to comply with the will of the people.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Nothing she said was partial.

Uh huh. And a United States Supreme Court justice who swore to uphold our constitution apparently doesn't think the constitution she swore to uphold defends human rights?
She never said that. Why did you misinterpret her words?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
With our SCOTUS, they will just say its Unconstitutional and strike it down. We need a Constitutional Convention to force the courts to comply with the will of the people.
You want to fundamentally change our form of government? Pretty radical....

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

Looking at that website, combined with your definition of "impartial", none of the Supreme Court jurors are "impartial" -- they all have made statements on various key issues. Instead, I'd suggest your definition of "impartial" is at fault.

I thought this is an interesting editorial on what it means to be impartial, and have to agree with the statement, "Judges learn about the law from sources other than the parties, and they do so both before litigation begins and outside the courtroom. A judge who had no opinions about the law before a case began would not be impartial; she would be incompetent." It is also worth noting that the Senate typically asks nominated Supreme Court Justices some specific questions about a judges opinion on various laws and issues, and expects the nominees to answer those questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Why? Please expand.
Because once a Constitutional Convention is called, conversation cannot be limited to any specific topics. We have no idea what we will come up with. I present to you as an example, the United States Constitution.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why? Please expand.
Because the judiciary should be focused on the law, not the will of the people. Making them have to care about what the population thinks means they are not focusing on the law, and it puts minority groups at a huge disadvantage. If the people do not like the way the judiciary interprets the law, they have recourse: change the law.

Upvote 0

Boondock_Saint

Member since 2006.
Jun 16, 2015
Chicago-ish
✟11,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You want to fundamentally change our form of government? Pretty radical....
No, just amend our Constitution. And yes, there is always a cultural change associated with an amendment. The society is always ready for the change. But there is nothing radical about it.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, just amend our Constitution. And yes, there is always a cultural change associated with an amendment. The society is always ready for the change. But there is nothing radical about it.

Then work on an amendment to it. A constitutional convention can result in the current constitution being replaced by who knows what.

Upvote 0

Boondock_Saint

Member since 2006.
Jun 16, 2015
Chicago-ish
✟11,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Then work on an amendment to it. A constitutional convention can result in the current constitution being replaced by who knows what.
I think you don't how to amend the constitution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Amend the Constitution to allow majority rule....

Fundamentally changing the entire US system of governing....

Upvote 0

Boondock_Saint

Member since 2006.
Jun 16, 2015
Chicago-ish
✟11,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Amend the Constitution to allow majority rule....

Fundamentally changing the entire US system of governing....
It seems you just fear having a minority opinion. Now, there is no way the support for a Convention would exist for the purpose of defining marriage. But if the support was there, there would be nothing wrong with it.

But I do see you point. All past amendments have granted more freedom. Defining marriage would not do that. It would be a change. And besides, I wouldn't pass anytime this decade. My point is, is that this is the only option left for people who support the idea of only traditional marriage. The simple majority of Americans who support traditional marriage, is not enough to do anything about it.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
It seems you just fear having a minority opinion.
You don't seem to get that at any given time the minority is going to be you, and you will not get what you want because you are in the minority.

I have no fear about being in the minority as much as I fear for any minority because they lose any power they once had.

Nobody is stopping anybody else from getting a traditional marriage. What you are really saying is that you want to prevent others from getting the kind of marriage they want, like same sex.

Upvote 0