Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you under the impression that your statement somehow changes my point? The thread gives the impression that it is only Obama who did this, even as the article shows this not to be true.:wave:

No it doesn't change your point it simply refutes it . No one with any credibility even remotely suggests that the President does everything personally. Yet he is ultimately responsible for every action of the Executive Branch. Obama didn't kill Osama but he sure took credit for it and since it was his ultimate responsibility as President he gets to do that but he cannot then turn around and give the "I didn't do it" when something happens in his administration that is negative. I cannot fathom the depths of hypocrisy it must take to rationalize how he's allowed to take credit for the actions of those under his command but is immune from responsibility for them. Exactly the opposite of every competent leader in world history and not even acceptable conduct for a night manager at a McDonald's who should he/she try to excuse him /herself for responsibility for general filthy conditions during their shift by saying "I didn't do it" right after taking personal credit for the sales increase would not find continued employment an option. Such juvenile irresponsibility might be somewhat more understandable in a low wage inexperienced middle manager but certainly not in the least tolerable in a President.

Reactions: lordbt
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't refute anything. There's still no evidence of grandstanding. :wave:

I'm actually unaware of any evidence of a a speech or a statement in which the President refrains from grandstanding.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
He is, but I wonder where he came up with this "moving the goalposts" notion in reference to Obama's wanting revenue increases as part of the sequester deal. When has Obama ever NOT wanted revenue increases?

ETA: Here's a link with the actual text of the email. "You’re focusing on a few specific trees that give a very wrong impression of the forest. But perhaps we will just not see eye to eye here. … I think you will regret staking out that claim.”

That's not a threat.

-Dan.

Seriously, do you really think someone in the White House would come out and say flat out "You're a dead man," or something in an e-mail.

The threat is implied, there was no reason for them to send that e-mail in the first place.

Lanny Davis on WMAL 2-28-13 - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0

abdAlSalam

Bearded Marxist
Sep 14, 2012
✟11,120.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Seriously, do you really think someone in the White House would come out and say flat out "You're a dead man," or something in an e-mail.

The threat is implied, there was no reason for them to send that e-mail in the first place.

Lanny Davis on WMAL 2-28-13 - YouTube
Yes there was, the sender was apologizing to Woodward for yelling at him on the phone.An apology Woodward (at least in private) accepted.

Here are some relevant bits from their exchange.
I apologize for raising my voice in our conversation today. My bad. I do understand your problems with a couple of our statements in the fall — but feel on the other hand that you focus on a few specific trees that gives a very wrong perception of the forest. But perhaps we will just not see eye to eye here.
I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim. The idea that the sequester was to force both sides to go back to try at a big or grand barain with a mix of entitlements and revenues (even if there were serious disagreements on composition) was part of the DNA of the thing from the start.
I agree there are more than one side to our first disagreement, but again think this latter issue is diffferent. Not out to argue and argue on this latter point. Just my sincere advice. Your call obviously.

To which Woodward replied:
Gene: You do not ever have to apologize to me. You get wound up because you are making your points and you believe them. This is all part of a serious discussion. I for one welcome a little heat; there should more given the importance. I also welcome your personal advice. I am listening. I know you lived all this. My partial advantage is that I talked extensively with all involved. I am traveling and will try to reach you after 3 pm today. Best, Bob

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

abdAlSalam

Bearded Marxist
Sep 14, 2012
✟11,120.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You apparently know nothing about Chicago style politics...
If you think that was a threat, I don't know what to tell you. It clearly wasn't meant in a threatening manner, and Woodward's answer to the e-mail clearly shows he didnt initially take it as one.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you think that was a threat, I don't know what to tell you. It clearly wasn't meant in a threatening manner, and Woodward's answer to the e-mail clearly shows he didnt initially take it as one.

He did suggest on Hannity that to a younger reporter, it might have sounded intimidating...

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You apparently know nothing about Chicago style politics...

I don't really think you do either. This isn't the first time you've creatively "filled in the blanks" a bit.

-Dan.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know you want to poke fun at this issue, but it looks like someone else stepped forward concerning the White House threatening people.

As long as Woodward has been in DC, it's hard to imagine him being worried about this administration. Remember, he put Nixon into retirement. And nobody played hardball more than Nixon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MSBS

Jul 29, 2002
California
✟10,591.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It seems like a stretch to call this guy a reporter.

Wat? :confused:

Bob Woodward of Woodward and Bernstein, the guys behind the reporting of the Watergate break-in, and whose work led to at least two Pulitzer prizes for the Washington Post. That's the guy you're saying isn't really a reporter?

Bob Schieffer of CBS News said, "Woodward has established himself as the best reporter of our time. He may be the best reporter of all time."

Amazing how the left wing faithful turn on anyone who dares to criticize the Obama administration.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MSBS said:
Wat? :confused:

Bob Woodward of Woodward and Bernstein, the guys behind the reporting of the Watergate break-in, and whose work led to at least two Pulitzer prizes for the Washington Post. That's the guy you're saying isn't really a reporter?

Amazing how the left wing faithful turn on anyone who dares to criticize the Obama administration.

If he wants to be considered a real reporter, he has to toe the liberal line

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If he wants to be considered a real reporter, he has to toe the liberal line

I'm starting to think liberals have their definitions mixed up and believe that propaganda mouthpieces (i.e. the liberal media) = news reporters...

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm starting to think liberals have their definitions mixed up and believe that propaganda mouthpieces (i.e. the liberal media) = news reporters...

It must be nice living in this liberal-hating fantasy world that you guys inhabit.

ONE person said that Bob Woodward wasn't a legitimate journalist, and a number of liberals jumped on his case for it (myself included). How many more of us have to say something for this not to be a "liberal" thing?

-Dan.

Upvote 0