United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A) I'm not a libertarian.
B) I never said I was for or against anything to do with the middle-east/carrier situation.
C) I am, however, against a president abusing a situation like this to allow things he considers potentially disasterous in an attempt to win the tax hikes he wants. That's not only unreasonable, I'd say it's borderline treasonous.
A) My apologies
B) The OP referneced the Middle East
C) Hyperbole much????

Of course he's grandstanding. They all are. Obama is getting as cranky as Woodward.

It's interesting conservatives suddenly are watching MSNBC. Although Morning Joe is probably the only thing on MSNBC that's watchable at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
A) My apologies
C) Hyperbole much????

Of course he's grandstanding. They all are. Obama is getting as cranky as Woodward.

It's interesting conservatives suddenly are watching MSNBC. Although Morning Joe is probably the only thing on MSNBC that's watchable at all.

I think you meant to say manufacturing outrage. As with releasing of the illegals who are already being detained, he's simply doing things and then "blaming" it on the very legislation his administration thought up and signed into law. As for hyperbole, if there wasn't another ship already there, or if that ship was to be attacked and captured, and Iran managed to block that, I'd consider it quite possibly treasonous. Do I think either would happen? No. However, that doesn't mean that Obama doing something that he knows could be harmful to this country to score political points and push his agenda ISN'T borderline. There were things W did that I considered borderline treasonous, so don't feel like I'm picking on poor little Barry.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally Posted by cow451
A) My apologies
C) Hyperbole much????

I think you meant to say manufacturing outrage. As with releasing of the illegals who are already being detained, he's simply doing things and then "blaming" it on the very legislation his administration thought up and signed into law. As for hyperbole, if there wasn't another ship already there, or if that ship was to be attacked and captured, and Iran managed to block that, I'd consider it quite possibly treasonous. Do I think either would happen? No. However, that doesn't mean that Obama doing something that he knows could be harmful to this country to score political points and push his agenda ISN'T borderline. There were things W did that I considered borderline treasonous, so don't feel like I'm picking on poor little Barry.

Hyperbole is labeling anything that goes bad "treason" (Unless you're willing also to call Reagan a traitor for bungling the Lebanon campaign). The worst part of my post was not catching my misspelling (highlighted above).

Iran could block the strait for a few weeks, but they know the West would relish getting a chance to show off some more hardware. After all, the Navy has had to take a backseat to the recent wars (other than to remind people that the Marines are part of the Navy). Then the GOP could cry about budget cuts and not building enough new ships. After all we don't have as many Navy ships as we did 100 years ago.:cool:

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Originally Posted by cow451 Hyperbole is labeling anything that goes bad "treason" (Unless you're willing also to call Reagan a traitor for bungling the Lebanon campaign).

There's a difference between making a mistake and doing something you know is harmful to the country and doing it anyway. There's also a difference between being guilty of treason and doing something "borderline treasonous." I use the term to describe anything that is completely contrary to the duty of public office they hold.

The worst part of my post was not catching my misspelling (highlighted above).

I rarely point out anyone's spelling mistakes. :p

Iran could block the strait for a few weeks, but they know the West would relish getting a chance to show off some more hardware. After all, the Navy has had to take a backseat to the recent wars (other than to remind people that the Marines are part of the Navy). Then the GOP could cry about budget cuts and not building enough new ships. After all we don't have as many Navy ships as we did 100 years ago.:cool:

It's the WH whining about cutting the military right now. :cool:

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well everything just hit the fan:

Bob Woodward said this evening on CNN that a "very senior person" at the White House warned him in an email that he would "regret doing this," the same day he has continued to slam President Barack Obama over the looming forced cuts known as the sequester.

CNN host Wolf Blitzer said that the network invited a White House official to debate Woodward on-air, but the White House declined.
"It makes me very uncomfortable to have the White House telling reporters, 'You're going to regret doing something that you believe in,'" Woodward said.

Read more: Bob Woodward: White House Threatened Me On Sequester Reporting - Business Insider

Wow so if this true, the White House just threatened a Reporter...

Upvote 0
S

Savior2006

Well everything just hit the fan:

Bob Woodward said this evening on CNN that a "very senior person" at the White House warned him in an email that he would "regret doing this," the same day he has continued to slam President Barack Obama over the looming forced cuts known as the sequester.

CNN host Wolf Blitzer said that the network invited a White House official to debate Woodward on-air, but the White House declined.
"It makes me very uncomfortable to have the White House telling reporters, 'You're going to regret doing something that you believe in,'" Woodward said.

Read more: Bob Woodward: White House Threatened Me On Sequester Reporting - Business Insider

Wow so if this true, the White House just threatened a Reporter...

It seems like a stretch to call this guy a reporter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It seems like a stretch to call this guy a reporter.

Dude, just cut your losses. Bob Woodward is one of the best investigative jounalists this country has produced in the last 40 years.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Dude, just cut your losses. Bob Woodward is one of the best investigative jounalists this country has produced in the last 40 years.

He is, but I wonder where he came up with this "moving the goalposts" notion in reference to Obama's wanting revenue increases as part of the sequester deal. When has Obama ever NOT wanted revenue increases?

ETA: Here's a link with the actual text of the email. "You’re focusing on a few specific trees that give a very wrong impression of the forest. But perhaps we will just not see eye to eye here. … I think you will regret staking out that claim.”

That's not a threat.

-Dan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
S

Savior2006

It's funny how quickly the left turns on someone when they no longer blindly follow leftist dogma.

If by "following leftist dogma" you mean actually supporting what you say with evidence than yes, those types of people get attacked quickly.
The thread by you is misleading accusing Obama of grandstanding when it's the Dept. of Defense citing budget concerns. Your excuse is that sending the carrier in wouldn't be grandstanding "because there are good reasons to do it."

Once again, aren't there good reasons for staying within the budget? You conservatives care about that sort of thing, right? No?

Likewise, the point by Bob is garbage. Once again, why is Obama being insulted as crazy when it's the Dept. talking about budget concerns? We get a bunch of nonsensical analogies to Reagan, and at no point in time does Bob actually address why the carrier should go to the Gulf.

And while he is known for investigative journalism in the past, it doesn't magically lend his point on this particular topic any coherence. So yeah, not impressed.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If by "following leftist dogma" you mean actually supporting what you say with evidence than yes, those types of people get attacked quickly.
The thread by you is misleading accusing Obama of grandstanding when it's the Dept. of Defense citing budget concerns. Your excuse is that sending the carrier in wouldn't be grandstanding "because there are good reasons to do it."

Once again, aren't there good reasons for staying within the budget? You conservatives care about that sort of thing, right? No?

Likewise, the point by Bob is garbage. Once again, why is Obama being insulted as crazy when it's the Dept. talking about budget concerns? We get a bunch of nonsensical analogies to Reagan, and at no point in time does Bob actually address why the carrier should go to the Gulf.

And while he is known for investigative journalism in the past, it doesn't magically lend his point on this particular topic any coherence. So yeah, not impressed.

Are you under the impression that the Department of Defense is not part of the Executive Branch of government in the United States?

Upvote 0
S

Savior2006

Are you under the impression that the Department of Defense is not part of the Executive Branch of government in the United States?

Are you under the impression that your statement somehow changes my point? The thread gives the impression that it is only Obama who did this, even as the article shows this not to be true.:wave:

Upvote 0