Bob Jones

T

ToBeBlessed

Round Table of the Prophets: Revelation for 2009
by Bob Jones

ROUND TABLE OF THE PROPHETS

January 16th is prophetically an important time of year. The almond tree, which represents leadership, blooms at this time of the year, signifying God's approval. On January 16, 1956 in Chicago, Illinois, William Branham delivered a message to an unbelieving church that had refused the Holy Spirit. He stated that the Holy Spirit would not return for a generation (40 years). On January 16, 1994, Bob Jones was instructed to bring together a "round table of prophets" for the purpose of sharing what would begin to happen that year. Each year since then on the 16th of January, Bob and a group of other prophets meet for that same purpose.

Revelation by Bob Jones posted on Bob and Bonnie Jones website on February 20, 2009:

ANGER

People will lose so much that a spirit of anger will arise in the unsaved; their kingdom will be destroyed.

The Lord's Watchmen shall rise up and reveal the enemy and his plans before the enemy is able to attack. For you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. The religious spirit has come among you to spy out your liberty, but you shall discern his activity and have authority over the tormenter. You will actually taunt him like Jesus did.

DISCERNMENT

This is the year we'll discern what is holding back breakthrough from the Body of Christ. The religious spirit is coming down and the Spirit of Truth is replacing him. Forewarned is forearmed; those who torment the enemy and drive him from his stronghold shall come forth.

Zechariah 1:20-21, "Then the Lord showed me four smiths or workmen (one for each enemy horn, to beat it down). Then said I, What are these (horns & smiths) coming to do? And he said, These are the horns or powers that scattered Judah so that no man lifted up his head. But these smiths or workmen have come to terrorize them and cause them to be panic-stricken, to cast out the horns or powers of the nations who lifted up their horn against the land of Judah to scatter it."

Those who have wrestled with God like Jacob did shall have their hip touched, which is their commitment. In our weakness he will be made strong.

The almond tree shall bloom and bring forth fruit. The Lord shall reveal approval of His leadership like Aaron's rod did.

This is the year the elderly will go bankrupt trying to support their children. Their children will fight over their inheritance before they have any. Don't try to "fix the fix" that God is fixing. Let them be accountable for their own debts.

The economy will not be as bad as some think but won't be as good as others think!

Bonnie's Revelations: I saw an open Heaven; when they make a report and the Body is submissive, He'll move on their behalf.

We must watch our footing; there are many traps. What "looks good" can easily be a trap-good is the enemy of the best. We must use good Godly discernment.

FIRE FROM HEAVEN

This is the year we call down fire from Heaven to destroy the abominations of Ashtera. "This is the year many climb the mountain of God looking for Me and find Me."

This is the year of Joy! "As loved ones go home, their hearts are flooded with My presence in the absence of their loved ones."

This is the year resurrection power supersedes satan's plan of death for many. "My power in faith devours satan's antics."

Ones will arise out of the West to bring forth the new move of God.

A FRESH WIND BLOWS

"The fresh wind will blow upon My people and shower them with unnatural, unprecedented blessings. My cup runneth over to those who are faithful in Me. No longer will the saved be brave in Me; they will move in such power and My authority that the Church will be riddled with extreme prophetic assemblance.

"My power rises up this year in the faithful of the faithful when they pray according to My will and I meet their request with fire. I fan the flames this year; no longer will man faint but stand armed strong in revelation power of Me." Amen.

"Now, go to the closet," says God, "and prepare the manifest in Me" (see Isaiah 26:20).

"Today, I blast the prophets with prophetic insight and revelation of Papa's love. I anoint them to sing My song in harmony with Me. The true prophets will move in resurrection power. The false will not!"

You will see a reckoning of the sexes this year! Many have knelt a knee to the Branch in years past. This year, they bow to the tree. Amen.

"Come into My presence; come into My glory in Me." Amen.

"Dominions shatter," says God, "as I set forth My manna in praise. To look upon the almond tree and live is death to the soul. My true saints come forth this year in power evangelism, guarding My glory as the presence of My glory is with them." Amen.

THE SHULAMMITE WOMAN

"No longer does the hand of the Shulammite woman quiver and shake. She walks in resurrection power in Me. Her words are soft-spoken, but very powerful. She moves mountains with only a whisper. Her tongue is riddled with My glory and power flows from her hands.

"The honey flows from the honeycomb this year! I smite the giants in the land and bring forth the honey from the Rock of Salvation.

I hear My Bride as she whispers.
I hear My Bride as she prays.
Her whispers are upon My heart forever; etched is the memory of her praise.
Her heart beats one with mine," says God, "as I prepare the wedding feast.

"It's a time for jubilation," says God, "as I set the captives free." Amen.

"Now, come into the closet and praise Me," says God. "See the reality of hope arise." Amen.

Bob and Bonnie Jones
The Prophetic Ministry of Bob and Bonnie Jones

URL: Round Table of the Prophets: Revelation for 2009 by Bob Jones

<<COMMENTARY START>>

I will state what I think. I am making it known, I have never read this man's prophecy before.

There are the use of many biblical phrases in these prophecies. Not int the context of sharing a bible verse, but in the prophecies themselves.

For instance:

1. almond tree (the word 'tree' is used as a popular parable example throughout the bible, specifically Jesus used it also)

The word 'tree' is mentioned 152 times in the ESV version
The word 'tree' is mentioned 169 times in the KJV version

If needed I could break down the usage by books within the bible, but it is found from Genesis to Revelation.

2. blooms (I tie this back to the word tree in relation to the many parable that talks about tree/fruit, vine/branches, seed/harvest).

He obviously ties this back to the almond tree that blooms.

3. signifying God's approval

I'm not even going to touch this, I would never want to prophesies that something proves God's approval.

4. On January 16, 1956 in Chicago, Illinois, William Branham

Tying his prophecy back to that of William Branham 40 years ago.

5. stated that the Holy Spirit would not return for a generation (40 years)

6. On January 16, 1994, Bob Jones was instructed to bring together a "round table of prophets"

Haven't looked into who is part of this 'round table of prophets'. Will be continuing to find out more.

7. Each year since then on the 16th of January, Bob and a group of other prophets meet for that same purpose.

Seems like they meet each year and decide on the major prophecies for that year.

<<COMMENTARY END>>

So I am stopping my evaluation with the first paragraph.

If others begin a conversation about this 2009 prophecy, I will add more, but I will not hold myself up to be shot by the hater's alone. :idea: I think that the words relate back to things in the bible too much for it to be coincidence. IMHO I could pull more than 20 out of this text.

For anyone who wants to 'jump' on me, know that I chose a document with ONLY the words of Bob Jones. Not a bunch of he said, she said.

Let's be respectful here (saying in advance, cuz I luv you guys *group hug*)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

Is there any sin that irritates God more than blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? I would say no... so whatever Bob Jones may have done in error before, if the man truly repented then God forgave it as should you. For his sins are no worse than yours, slander can be just as deadly and much more dangerous for it's subtle...

Anyways, I looked up that report you mention and while it raises from valid points, the response from Mike Bickle was about as good as could be expected and only strengthens my belief in the man as a true man of God. What you have stated about the KC Prophets is inaccurate anyway, which could have been summised by your accusatory tone.

The Kansas City Prophets were a part of Bickle's ministry in the late 80's and early 90's yes, but that was not the name of the ministry Bickle headed. It was first Kansas City Fellowship and then (as known now) as Metro Christian Fellowship. Mike Bickle started International House of Prayer in 1999 as a seperate entity, not a continuation of the same controversial ministry as you say. So please if you are going to accuse the brethren, be correct and accurate.

http://www.watchman.org/profiles/pdf/ihopprofile.pdf

*THE ABOVE LINK IS A DEFAMATORY REPORT ON IHOP'S DOCTRINES AND PRACTICES BUT THE HISTORY IT CHRONICLE'S IS WHY I POST IT HERE*

I found the full report that this 'IHOP Profile' was created from.

The full report is called Keep Smiling and Say Nothing-Abberant Practices KCF by Pastor Ernie Gruen. Here is the Link

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
There are the use of many biblical phrases in these prophecies. Not int the context of sharing a bible verse, but in the prophecies themselves.
Such is often the case when it comes to symbolic language in dreams and visions (and prophetic words). I've had some that were VERY symbolic and my understanding of those things (as used in scripture) helped to provide understanding of the message to me.

It's really quite amazing the symbolic meanings of so many things in the Word. It is full of types and shadows. We'd be able to walk closer in the blessing if we had a greater understanding. They are there for a reason. Many of these things will only be understood in the last day.

I will say overall about trying to discern what direction a prophet (or anyone) is pointing toward in the exercise of "utterance" gifts. If you're looking for a blessing in a spirit of charity, you're far more likely to find it than if you're looking for a reason to shoot something down. You'll be confined to the mental realm of judging and it will have to pass through the filter of your mind before it reaches your heart.

If you approach Bob's (or anyone's) writings in a spirit of charity you'd almost certainly see with the eyes of the Lord (Who does reveal what pleases and displeases Him).

As far as what season it was during a point in time in the past or in a year, we're obviously past that so that is less likely to speak to you. Sometimes these things can be instructive.

I have to ask you this first. Do you believe there are modern day prophets (men and women) functioning in the church today (by instruction and revelation of the Holy Spirit)?

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

Such is often the case when it comes to symbolic language in dreams and visions (and prophetic words). I've had some that were VERY symbolic and my understanding of those things (as used in scripture) helped to provide understanding of the message to me.

It's really quite amazing the symbolic meanings of so many things in the Word. It is full of types and shadows. We'd be able to walk closer in the blessing if we had a greater understanding. They are there for a reason. Many of these things will only be understood in the last day.

I will say overall about trying to discern what direction a prophet (or anyone) is pointing toward in the exercise of "utterance" gifts. If you're looking for a blessing in a spirit of charity, you're far more likely to find it than if you're looking for a reason to shoot something down. You'll be confined to the mental realm of judging and it will have to pass through the filter of your mind before it reaches your heart.

If you approach Bob's (or anyone's) writings in a spirit of charity you'd almost certainly see with the eyes of the Lord (Who does reveal what pleases and displeases Him).

As far as what season it was during a point in time in the past or in a year, we're obviously past that so that is less likely to speak to you. Sometimes these things can be instructive.

I have to ask you this first. Do you believe there are modern day prophets (men and women) functioning in the church today (by instruction and revelation of the Holy Spirit)?

You do not think that it is odd to take phrases from the bible that have a specific meaning and emotion to Christians and use them directly in their prophecy?

I believe all the prophecy a Christian needs is in the bible. It is complete. Knowing all the prophecy I need is there, I do not feel a great need to look at prophecy in general.

I do believe in all the gifts of the spirit. i do not like the 'anointing' or placing of hands on someone's forehead to do this. I do not believe that the Holy Spirit works like this. If the Holy Spirit already resides in a believer from being born again, it's hard for me to believe that men would have to anoint other men with any gift of the Holy Spirit (that is my initial feelings).

I think we are in days when great discernment is needed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
"Bob Jones was a great man of God" or "Bob Jones was a wolf" with nothing to back up their statements add nothing. Those who argue back and forth merely contradicting each other while offering nothing to back their stances are no better than the endless games of "oh yes he is" against "oh no he isn't" from pantomimes.
People testify of what they have received. Have you been blessed by Bob's ministry? Yes, I have. Is it an argument to go back and forth. I'm not arguing at all. I'm not called to bring up forces to defend Bob. I can say that I was blessed by it. I look forward to hearing more.

I like what you said about judging based on what was said by him, not by others.

The reason I said what I did earlier about "another log on the pyre" is that people started throwing up (accurate term) discrediting and defiling words about a number of servants. Even if they made some mistakes, what part of the love of God (some of you use SO liberally in the name of "protection) are you exercising by blasting them.

It's never a good thing and it happens on a regular basis here in the this part of the forum. It's scandalous to the rest of the Body and some of the same people jump up and add their own judgments. No one edifies in these discussions. The few comments of love and blessing about Bob are few indeed.

If you don't agree with a positive assessment of his life (none of ours are mistake free), then leave it at that and don't act like you're doing the body a service by pointing out some of the things that have been said in a discrediting or defiling way.

We're supposed to be pursuing peace and love and edification, not finding a reason to run somebody down. Everyone sets the standard for their own discussion of their effectiveness and remembrance after you pass. Treat it as such.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
You do not think that it is odd to take phrases from the bible that have a specific meaning and emotion to Christians and use them directly in their prophecy?
No, not at all.
I believe all the prophecy a Christian needs is in the bible. It is complete. Knowing all the prophecy I need is there, I do not feel a great need to look at prophecy in general.
At what point did defining revelation by the Holy Spirit end? I realize the "foundational apostles and prophets" are not with us, but the Spirit of God still speaks, building on the foundation that was set. You don't keep building a foundation, but you do build upon it. That's the whole point. It's the same person speaking gave us the Bible that interprets the Bible and scripture. It never stops.

Whether or not you believe in prophecy, but not prophets makes no sense to me? A prophet is designated to be a mouthpiece for the body. They're used to encourage and build up (and even tear down, but not the fleshly standards). A prophet moves in the gift of prophecy and revelation gifts to give a word in season to them who are weary. They are necessary and if you don't receive that ministry in your life, you won't be all you can be in your walk. In order to receive the "gift" a prophet can bring, you must esteem the prophets anointing. To do that, you must bear witness to their body gifting, but if you don't believe in prophets, then you can't do that.

... i do not like the 'anointing' or placing of hands on someone's forehead to do this. I do not believe that the Holy Spirit works like this.
The "laying on of hands" is a foundational teaching. Sometimes it's not necessary, but the transfer of anointing by contact is real and very scriptural.

I remember you saying the words, 'you charismatics".

If the Holy Spirit already resides in a believer from being born again, it's hard for me to believe that men would have to anoint other men with any gift of the Holy
Spirit (that is my initial feelings).
People are born of the Spirit when they are born again, but there IS a secondary (wonderful) experience after that which opens up your spirit man's senses and instructs you on a deeper level.

It's true that you don't have to have hands laid on you to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but it is certainly scriptural to do so. There doesn't have to be physical oil involved either.
I think we are in days when great discernment is needed.
That much is certain, but effective judging must be done by the Holy Spirit with your spirit. If you rely on your head coupled with your incomplete knowledge of the Word (as all of ours are), then we must remember that the natural man receives not the things of God. I'm not saying that you're leaving your spirit out of the equation, but if you if you put up stop signs of "mental reasonings" regarding these visions, then how can you get past them to see what God intends?

The total other side of the road (other ditch) is that "We're to just close our eyes and not care or see or hear". No one is saying that. That's the accusation the enemy loves to use when someone tries to put the brakes on fleshly judging.

Upvote 0

contango

...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
Sometimes here, sometimes there
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People testify of what they have received. Have you been blessed by Bob's ministry? Yes, I have. Is it an argument to go back and forth. I'm not arguing at all. I'm not called to bring up forces to defend Bob. I can say that I was blessed by it. I look forward to hearing more.

This is all well and good but without specifics it's still little more than "look, I know the guy and he's sound" which isn't worth any more than "I've read his teachings and he's not sound".

I like what you said about judging based on what was said by him, not by others.

If I'm going to judge a person's teachings I'd like to know what it is they are teaching. If someone else wants to point out problems with their teachings it's nice to have a specific reference.

The reason I said what I did earlier about "another log on the pyre" is that people started throwing up (accurate term) discrediting and defiling words about a number of servants. Even if they made some mistakes, what part of the love of God (some of you use SO liberally in the name of "protection) are you exercising by blasting them.

It's never a good thing and it happens on a regular basis here in the this part of the forum. It's scandalous to the rest of the Body and some of the same people jump up and add their own judgments. No one edifies in these discussions. The few comments of love and blessing about Bob are few indeed.

Calling out bad teaching is always a good thing, and should happen as often as it takes. But bad teaching needs to be called out in a way that highlights the teaching, indicates why it is bad, and also shows what is correct.

What part of the love of God would we be using if we saw teaching that looked bad and smelled bad but decided not to say anything? What part of the love of God would we be showing to those who might take on the bad teaching and live according to its poor guidance, and maybe passing it on to others? A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

Correcting others should be done in love (Gal 6:1) and part of loving someone is to correct them if they are straying from the path. In the physical world if someone were walking towards a cliff edge it wouldn't be loving to argue that they can choose their own path, that they can make their own decisions, that their map is great or whatever else - loving them would require us to warn them of the danger. Why is the spiritual world any different?

If someone makes a mistake and subsequently accepts correction that's one thing. If someone continues to teach falsehood they should continue to be called out on it, and if what they teach is dangerous they need to be called out and identified.

Chasing unity at all costs is unhelpful - if the price for unity is accepting bad theology then we must accept disunity.

If you don't agree with a positive assessment of his life (none of ours are mistake free), then leave it at that and don't act like you're doing the body a service by pointing out some of the things that have been said in a discrediting or defiling way.

Where is the sense in this? If people did as you suggested then all we'd have is a group of people saying how great someone is, a few people maybe posting a brief "I disagree, but let's leave it at that" and no exploration of why someone is regarded as a good or bad teacher.

If I see someone saying that a particular teacher is dangerous I want to know why. I want to see examples of prophecies that were not fulfilled, I want to see examples of teaching that contradicts Scripture, I want something a lot more than "I don't like this guy". What you suggest creates a hopelessly unbalanced situation where we get to hear some people praising a teacher and any opposing viewpoints are silenced.

We're supposed to be pursuing peace and love and edification, not finding a reason to run somebody down. Everyone sets the standard for their own discussion of their effectiveness and remembrance after you pass. Treat it as such.

We're also supposed to "test all things" (1Th 5:21), "be sober, be vigilant" (1Pe 5:8), "test the spirits" (1Jn 4:1) etc. If we insist on unity even in the face of bad and dangerous teaching, how do we fulfil the call to do these things? There's little point bothering to test if the response to teachings that fail the test is to talk about peace and love and accept the teaching anyway for the sake of unity. If someone is pushing bad teaching it should be highlighted.

Upvote 0

contango

...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That much is certain, but effective judging must be done by the Holy Spirit with your spirit. If you rely on your head coupled with your incomplete knowledge of the Word (as all of ours are), then we must remember that the natural man receives not the things of God. I'm not saying that you're leaving your spirit out of the equation, but if you if you put up stop signs of "mental reasonings" regarding these visions, then how can you get past them to see what God intends?

If you don't do some mental reasoning how do you "test all things" or "test the spirits"? How do you love the Lord your God with all of your mind if you disengage your mind and accept things without reasoning?

We can receive a vision and then take some time to consider it, consider what it might mean (if it isn't readily apparent) and also consider whether it was from God at all.

The total other side of the road (other ditch) is that "We're to just close our eyes and not care or see or hear". No one is saying that. That's the accusation the enemy loves to use when someone tries to put the brakes on fleshly judging.

When people "test" based on whether something "feels right" and use that as the final arbiter of whether it's sound or not (and I've seen people do this), that's really not much different to closing their eyes and not seeing or hearing.

We might use such a sense as a baseline but to use it as an exclusive arbiter is not a good thing. If we start down that road how do we handle the situation where one person thinks a teaching is sound and another thinks it's dangerous? They can't both be right, and without some mental reasoning (i.e. going back to Scripture and testing) they end up like two people who argue over the weight of something but who refuse to put it on a scale to settle the matter objectively.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

No, not at all.
At what point did defining revelation by the Holy Spirit end? I realize the "foundational apostles and prophets" are not with us, but the Spirit of God still speaks, building on the foundation that was set. You don't keep building a foundation, but you do build upon it. That's the whole point. It's the same person speaking gave us the Bible that interprets the Bible and scripture. It never stops.

Whether or not you believe in prophecy, but not prophets makes no sense to me? A prophet is designated to be a mouthpiece for the body. They're used to encourage and build up (and even tear down, but not the fleshly standards). A prophet moves in the gift of prophecy and revelation gifts to give a word in season to them who are weary. They are necessary and if you don't receive that ministry in your life, you won't be all you can be in your walk. In order to receive the "gift" a prophet can bring, you must esteem the prophets anointing. To do that, you must bear witness to their body gifting, but if you don't believe in prophets, then you can't do that.

The "laying on of hands" is a foundational teaching. Sometimes it's not necessary, but the transfer of anointing by contact is real and very scriptural.

I remember you saying the words, 'you charismatics".

People are born of the Spirit when they are born again, but there IS a secondary (wonderful) experience after that which opens up your spirit man's senses and instructs you on a deeper level.

It's true that you don't have to have hands laid on you to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but it is certainly scriptural to do so. There doesn't have to be physical oil involved either.

I wish I had been blessed with the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but I have not received that gift.

I said I believe in the gifts of the spirit today. I wonder how many people have them vs. how many people claim to have them. I don't feel the real need to know right now because I'm so into my bible, prayer and feeling the presence of God.

I'm sure one day I will get more into them, but right now I want to concentrate on what I do have. I've started doing my own bible studies and am fascinated with them.

I don't think I ever said anything negative about Charismatics.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
This is all well and good but without specifics it's still little more than "look, I know the guy and he's sound" which isn't worth any more than "I've read his teachings and he's not sound".
I'm not giving a reference for anyone. All I can tell you is that I understand he had some problems which he obviously repented of, and that I was blessed by his ministry. I haven't read all of his words, and we had a list o things you and I both have said over the years that were not good, it would likely be a long one.

From the beginning, it was "he's false and part of that, and this group is false..." I disagree. I also don't see any love in that assessment. It's always got to be, "Someone has to make mention of his biggest sins!" We can say whatever nebulous words as long as it's couched in "His biggest sins!". -- Make sure we get that in there so everyone understands!

How would you like that at your funeral? I wouldn't think so! For those who popped off in the name of protection doing that (or something akin to it), it's still unclean no matter what scriptural reasonings are attached to it.

So you pass on and your family gathers to assess your life (and its mistakes). Let's see! He...One night stands...He meant well, and was generally likeable. His wife was nice, BUT (let's mention his biggest sins!" ...Lied to his parents growing up. Talked about people behind their back sometimes.

Yeah, he spoke in Jesus' name too, but we "know" what kind of person he was too and we can't have anyone making the mistake of being bless by his ministry and going off some kind of cliff. It's our duty to dig up his report card. Let's spread it out over the casket.
In the physical world if someone were walking towards a cliff edge it wouldn't be loving to argue that they can choose their own path, that they can make their own decisions, that their map is great or whatever else - loving them would require us to warn them of the danger. Why is the spiritual world any different?
So these words he gave to local bodies at various times aren't going to head you off some kind of cliff. They don't endanger you or anyone else hear by a longshot.

Calling out bad teaching is always a good thing, and should happen as often as it takes. But bad teaching needs to be called out in a way that highlights the teaching, indicates why it is bad, and also shows what is correct.
As you know, Bob wasn't a teacher. Also, people take issue with doctrines they don't understand, so "calling it out" is not always a good thing. I you want to say why certain things seem unbalanced, that's one thing.
What part of the love of God would we be using if we saw teaching that looked bad and smelled bad but decided not to say anything?
I don't see any teaching here. And nothing was even presented. It was a general assessment that ran him into the dirt. People have to dig this stuff up to even have a reason to moan about something.
...A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
Very telling.

...don't act like you're doing the body a service by pointing out some of the things that have been said in a discrediting or defiling way (really speaking about the others here).
Where is the sense in this? If people did as you suggested then all we'd have is a group of people saying how great someone is, a few people maybe posting a brief "I disagree, but let's leave it at that" and no exploration of why someone is regarded as a good or bad teacher.
Did you see anyone heading off into a ditch? Are these general words in danger of turning someone aside? Who are they pointing to?

...What you suggest creates a hopelessly unbalanced situation where we get to hear some people praising a teacher and any opposing viewpoints are silenced.
You presume it's a clinical event conducted in love... which it's not. It's been proven right here.

Let's pull the file on so-and-so. Who's got a bad report?! Someone said Bob's a false prophet? Can I get an amen? Does someone have someone on him to discredit him? Might as well phrase it like this because no ones looking for the blessing (except the youtube videos posted).

So if we used the same standard for your ministry (which you do have one), then do you think it's "owed" for someone to come along and find out areas where you came up short? Where your doctrine needed a little work? You definitely influence lives as well.

It's all presented as such a noble cause, but it typically appears here (at the root) to be quite another story. Jumping on the wave and keeping it more "civilized" isn't that loving either, because in this case it is done in the name of furthering why someone's a "false prophet" a ghastly assessment.

As pointed out earlier, there is NO teaching. No one is in any kind of danger (if you think that is danger, I would never leave the house!). There's an entire world full of people who are imperfect, servants of God included. We're not called to do a "12 point assessment" on everyone in the name of "test all things".

So... if you believe pursuing finding out whether the false prophet assessment tossed out there is accurate on someone you don't even know, let alone consider following (no one else here is receiving ministry from him) except possibly from his website, and feel this is a "noble cause", I don't see any love motivation here. Certainly not for Bob. But, we don't need to agape love during the "testing" process. Someone might get hurt.

I don't even know Bob. I do know of people who were incredibly blessed by words you can't possibly fake.

I do know prophets as well that made BIG mistakes. I still receive and love them too. I don't list what they said at the first suggestion of what they might be. I don't consider that I'm protecting someone. I'll let God vouch for them because if He's speaking, then He backs up His own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I said I believe in the gifts of the spirit today. I wonder how many people have them vs. how many people claim to have them. I don't feel the real need to know right now because I'm so into my bible, prayer and feeling the presence of God.
You're right. Many of them end up here and claim by virtue of their water baptism that they do. It is definitely for you. I hope your quest is an active one, full of excitement.
I'm sure one day I will get more into them, but right now I want to concentrate on what I do have. I've started doing my own bible studies and am fascinated with them.
Sounds good!
I don't think I ever said anything negative about Charismatics.
We're all moving forward.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
If you don't do some mental reasoning how do you "test all things" or "test the spirits"? How do you love the Lord your God with all of your mind if you disengage your mind and accept things without reasoning?
The mind is supposed to be the servant to the spirit. I'd be a big hypocrite so say this is only the case in my life, but reasonings are not how you test.
We can receive a vision and then take some time to consider it, consider what it might mean (if it isn't readily apparent) and also consider whether it was from God at all.
Of course we consider it.
When people "test" based on whether something "feels right" and use that as the final arbiter of whether it's sound or not (and I've seen people do this), that's really not much different to closing their eyes and not seeing or hearing.

I'm not talking about feelings. I'm talking about your spiritual senses. We've been back and forth on this a number of times and it's like you don't relate to what I'm saying. It's what your spirit is getting, not your natural mind. The only reason I say this is because you keep going back to feelings like it is what I'm referring to, and it's not at all what I'm referring to. It's the standard, the candle of the Lord.

I will say that discussions like these are only profitable under more controlled conditions. We have a number of people on board who spouted off in a defiling way and it's become a corrupt thing that you can't really clean up under current conditions. I'm sorry I have said as much as I did, except for the fact that I testify that Bob's ministry has blessed me (in some capacity) and I wish to acknowledge it in remembrance of him. I have no wish to take part in a post-mortem autopsy conducted by head hunters.

There's never any blessing in it and I feel mucky having any part in it at all.

Upvote 0

contango

...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The mind is supposed to be the servant to the spirit. I'd be a big hypocrite so say this is only the case in my life, but reasonings are not how you test.

Of course we consider it.

I'm not talking about feelings. I'm talking about your spiritual senses. We've been back and forth on this a number of times and it's like you don't relate to what I'm saying. It's what your spirit is getting, not your natural mind. The only reason I say this is because you keep going back to feelings like it is what I'm referring to, and it's not at all what I'm referring to. It's the standard, the candle of the Lord.

We have been back and forth and never did come to a conclusion how to deal with the situation where one says something is sound and another says it is dangerous. We can refer to "what your spirit is getting" until we're blue in the face but unless we can determine how to handle my spirit getting one thing while your spirit gets another we go nowhere. If we go back to Scripture we have an objective standard.

We might disagree on just what Scripture says but, to take a silly example, if my spirit says it's OK for me to cheat on my wife because my secretary is really cute we have an objective standard that says not to do it. Because we have that objective standard we could say quite categorically that whatever I was hearing or feeling or my spirit was getting wasn't coming from God.

I will say that discussions like these are only profitable under more controlled conditions. We have a number of people on board who spouted off in a defiling way and it's become a corrupt thing that you can't really clean up under current conditions. I'm sorry I have said as much as I did, except for the fact that I testify that Bob's ministry has blessed me (in some capacity) and I wish to acknowledge it in remembrance of him. I have no wish to take part in a post-mortem autopsy conducted by head hunters.

There's never any blessing in it and I feel mucky having any part in it at all.

It's often hard to manage any online discussion simply because anyone can pitch in at any time, and not everyone is helpful.

That said there is blessing in an objective assessment of a man's teachings, even if he is deceased. If someone's teachings don't align with Scripture then people can be blessed by being warned to avoid them. Of course this only works if the person saying the teachings aren't Scriptural can demonstrate why they aren't Scriptural

Upvote 0

Matjohluk

Jan 6, 2014
✟16,006.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A discussion like this can go on forever and we know that a false prophet is one who falsely claims the gift of prophecy or divine inspiration, or who uses that gift for their own personal satisfaction and glory. To avoid deception we need to take the necessary action by heeding the warnings of Scripture and not the false promotion by those who we are suppose to look up to as our leaders.

These are the signs of the times we live in. Many false prophets will arise and there will be a great falling away before the returning of our Lord Jesus Christ. He gave us the instruction to see to it that we are not deceived.

Matthew 24:4
&#8220;And (our Lord) Jesus (Christ) answered and said to them, &#8220;See to it that no one misleads you.&#8221;
Hosea 4:6
&#8220;My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.&#8221;
Matthew 24:24
&#8220;For false messiahs and false prophets shall arise, and they shall show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the chosen ones.&#8221;
Mark 13:22
&#8220;For false messiahs and false prophets will arise, and will show signs and wonders, in order to lead astray, if possible, the elect.&#8221;
Deuteronomy 13:1&#8211;5
&#8220;If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, &#8216;Let us go after other gods&#8217;&#8212;which you have not known&#8212;&#8216;and let us serve them,&#8217; 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall walk after the LORD your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. 5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst.&#8221;

Many prophets of the 21st Century are &#8220;dreamers of dreams&#8221;, and when we hear these false prophets and teachers, many who discern this falseness fail to and lack the courage to speak out, as they are controlled by fear, the fear of by being accused as a slanderer.

Even our leaders are fearful as they may say to their congregation that they can either receive the message from God or NOT from God. Those leaders who push prophecy gets themself off the hook by saying: &#8220;You will decide for yourself which words you feel are trustworthy for YOU!&#8221;

This is where my spiritual antenna starts blinking, because if our Lord Jesus Christ hadn&#8217;t spoken the words, then why the question of "trustworthiness", and why would anyone begin to support or put out untrusting, false messages to the Body of Christ? The sad fact is that those leaders or organisations who promote their prophecies then these people will begin to think they are true prophets or prophetesses regardless of the truth or the spreading falseness, and ignoring God&#8217;s Word.

The alleged messages from God that false prophets claim to have received, usually puts them out in a blue-black colouring that is between white and black, but not gray. I shudder to think that some of these prophets believe their own prophecies are on the same level as God&#8217;s Word, and sadly so does many of the hearers.

When we receive prophecies that are all over the place I does make it hard for any of us to really trust and believe that they are from our Heavenly Father, our Lord Jesus Christ. If our Lord Jesus Christ is speaking to you, HE speaks to you direct and with comprehension. What makes it even more concerning when the prophet seems to be ministering in the psychic by claiming they are picking up prickly sensations as they prophesise, which is nothing more than deceiving spirits of witchcraft.

They claim that their super-spiritual gift of "golden senses" helps them to enter the divine, the supernatural realm, and see into the future, which is misrepresenting God&#8217;s Word. Then we may experience the prophets hands beginning to change to different colours to indicate things of divinity, and that is when we should all begin to discern something is wrong and is an illusion of trickery, as nothing like this happened in God&#8217;s Word, only the manifestations of witchcraft.

At no time during our Lord Jesus Christ&#8217;s ministry and His disciple&#8217;s ministry did they ever manifested anything like we are seeing in the Body of Christ of supposed prophets and signs and wonders, such as the gold dust phenomena, and people&#8217;s teeth turning to gold, and these leaders are self-anointing themselves as apostles.

When a problem arises with a false prophet and their prophecies those churches resolve to untruth and misleading teaching by placing a band-aid over the whole affair of the erroneous ministry.

A good example of one who had fallen from grace, a few years back of a minister due to moral problems and not the truth of false teaching, and that person had another false teacher&#8217;s and prophet&#8217;s spiritual anointing transferred to them through a practice of witchcraft. These people have been promoted and circulated through the Body of Christ and they sound nothing like Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Isaiah, etc. Sadly, this isn&#8217;t good for the Body of Christ and they are finally exposed, but not as a false prophets and teachers, but for some ethical/moral failure, such as having an affair with their secretary or falsifying account details.

We hear the same monologue over and over, saying: "The Lord spoke to me clearly..." or "I stood face to face before the Lord." And all of this stuff is nothing but recycled, repackaged, and rehashed prophecies from decades ago. A number of prophets have been caught out on such acts of using prophecies forty years ago.

I feel for the many deceived pastors who promote and support the false prophets as they become so zealous, with good intentions, who teach profoundly in clear and beautiful teachings about the attributes of God, the fear of the Lord, and knowing God. But, unfortunately they lack the discernment and promote these false prophets, and their false doctrines as &#8220;manifested sons of God&#8221;, and on an international scale. This has helped pave the way for the infiltration of mysticism, witchcraft and the wrong spirit into the Charismatic movement.

Some of these prophets have been described as a "resident seer". The role of the seer is very easy to discern in the OT, but very hard in the NT. He spoke the word of God to the people or to kings. The title was prominent up through the beginning of the kingdom era, but the title gradually shifted to prophet, especially when Isaiah came on the scene.

It&#8217;s believed that the seer was probably a little more politically connected than the prophet, but neither were strangers to the palace. And neither had a message that was any more popular with the people or the kings: they rarely minced words. Samuel was the hinge pin of history between the seer and prophet, as he ushered out the age of the judges and ushered in the age of the kings.

The so-called NT seers seem to have many "Visions and Revelations", which could be seen as bordering on occultic dreams and "revelations". Have always heard them share their testimony, and most will say what a terrible sinner they were, a drunkard, fornicator, and bar room brawler, who is now in touch with God, through regular visits by His angels who would hold conversations with them (possibly demons and the &#8220;angel of light&#8221;).

Finally, our Lord Jesus Christ would appear before them and they are told to do some ridiculous thing, such as an example of Bob Jones, who said that our Lord Jesus Christ told him: &#8220;To either kill or forgive twelve people he hated!&#8221; Hey, our Lord Jesus Christ wouldn&#8217;t say that, would HE? Now come on fellows! As these self-proclaimed prophets continue to share more and more, the penny begins to drop, when the prophets begin to be visited by all different angels, angelic guides and with unbiblical names, who eventually manifests into our Lord Jesus Christ (once again the &#8220;angle of light&#8221;).

One prophet began to share to the church about their &#8220;out of body experience&#8221; with our Lord Jesus Christ, both sitting in rocking chairs, holding hands, rocking their chairs in unison, and began to share mystic things. Now, come on fellows, no doubt the &#8220;angel of light&#8221;. Then the prophets begin to share similar stories of our Lord Jesus Christ appearing before them in different faces to portray something in a symbolic message. And then they say that our Lord Jesus Christ makes a statement to them: "I'm your friend, I am your familiar friend and I'm going to show you all things so you can move in the power of the Spirit.&#8221; No doubt the spirit of darkness, our Lord Jesus Christ is our Almighty God, not our friend and our familiar friend and HE loves us.

There you are fellows, go ahead and pick the bones out of this one, after all a false prophet is known by their fruit, and 95% of their prophecies just don&#8217;t come true, or am I deceived?

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not familiar with Derek Prince, so I'm not going to go for this appeal to authority.

As a Brit, you should be ashamed of yourself ;) (Derek Prince was British).

Actually Derek Prince died about ten years ago at about 90 years-old, but he had a large influence in the charismatic churches in the UK, USA, Israel et al, towards the end of the last century.

He wrote a lot of books and booklets that are worth reading.

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
We have been back and forth and never did come to a conclusion how to deal with the situation where one says something is sound and another says it is dangerous. We can refer to "what your spirit is getting" until we're blue in the face but unless we can determine how to handle my spirit getting one thing while your spirit gets another we go nowhere. If we go back to Scripture we have an objective standard.
It goes hand in hand and you can't have one without the other (your personal direction). I would never seek to bypass the Word as a standard for knowledge. But as it has been said, our knowledge is in part, and many cling to their little piece with a tenacity that says that God is a small God.

If you really wanted to make this scriptural, the moment it became a judging of the person, rather than what they said, it became unclean and something to be outwardly condemned by everyone who does not want to take on guilt by association.

When the matter went to their sins (long ago repented of), it became an abomination.
So in my view, to tack on something to this decrepit wineskin is totally beyond me.

I've been listening to some of his youtube stuff and without question, he always points people to submission to God, repentance, the Lordship of Jesus Christ, His Blood, the edification of the church, etc. A false prophet seeks to lead you to another god. It's like some kind of public underwear check in the name of protecting somebody. It seems to inquire in this section of the forum about the legitimacy of a minister only invites trouble and defilement.

Upvote 0

contango

...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It goes hand in hand and you can't have one without the other (your personal direction). I would never seek to bypass the Word as a standard for knowledge. But as it has been said, our knowledge is in part, and many cling to their little piece with a tenacity that says that God is a small God.

I agree, we shouldn't stick to our understanding of a passage here and a verse there and assume we've got it all. But when there is disagreement the answer has to be to go back to Scripture with a view to seeking truth. What many people do is go back to Scripture to prove they are right. In other words a lot of people test Scripture against their beliefs, rather than testing their beliefs against Scripture.

This is one reason I tend to be wary of teachings that pull a single verse from here and a single verse from there - it's easy to present something that's unhealthy and "support" it with a carefully selected verse taken out of context.

If you really wanted to make this scriptural, the moment it became a judging of the person, rather than what they said, it became unclean and something to be outwardly condemned by everyone who does not want to take on guilt by association.

The two are very much linked in so many ways. If someone routinely teaches things that are against Scripture it isn't inappropriate to label the person as a false teacher. Paul named many people in his epistles

When the matter went to their sins (long ago repented of), it became an abomination. So in my view, to tack on something to this decrepit wineskin is totally beyond me.

I don't know his heart so it's not for me to say whether or not he repented. It is relevant to know whether someone has been removed from ministry for misconduct, or stood aside for some other reason. Not least because if someone has been removed from ministry we may want to take that into account when considering our interactions with them.

In some respects it's totally irrelevant. Mike Tyson didn't cease to be a world-class boxer when he was convicted of rape. Tiger Woods didn't cease to be a brilliant golfer when his indiscretions were made public. Likewise the teachings of Bob Jones can be good or bad regardless of his indiscretions. For anyone considering interacting in a real sense (i.e. face to face) it would seem entirely relevant to know why he had been removed from ministry. I wouldn't want my wife going to see a minister who had encouraged other women to undress, even if I knew for a fact he had repented I'd want to be present.

I've been listening to some of his youtube stuff and without question, he always points people to submission to God, repentance, the Lordship of Jesus Christ, His Blood, the edification of the church, etc. A false prophet seeks to lead you to another god. It's like some kind of public underwear check in the name of protecting somebody. It seems to inquire in this section of the forum about the legitimacy of a minister only invites trouble and defilement.

A false prophet may lead people towards another god, they may lead people towards themselves rather than some other spiritual being real or imagined. A false prophet will also prophesy things that do not come to pass.

I think it's inevitable that whenever you ask opinions of a minister you'll get a range of opinions. Some will like them, some will dislike them. Personally I don't want to silence people who dislike what someone teaches, all I'd ask is that if they are going to comment on whether they consider the teaching to be sound that they take the time to explain why.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I don't know his heart so it's not for me to say whether or not he repented.
He proclaims the Lordship of Jesus. It is for us to give them the benefit of the doubt. Treat him as you'd like to be treated.

It is relevant to know whether someone has been removed from ministry for misconduct, or stood aside for some other reason. Not least because if someone has been removed from ministry we may want to take that into account when considering our interactions with them.
Somehow I don't think that is going to take place. Furthermore, if you need to weigh receiving ministry from someone based on a background check, you'd be walking by your sense knowledge, not being led by the Spirit.
...Tiger Woods didn't cease to be a brilliant golfer when his indiscretions were made public.
We're not talking about the world. Also, he is affiliated with other ministries who know what happened. They're not going to let him be in an environment where he might be considered questionable. He's also got a wife who would also know. If you're married, you'd surely not minister to women alone with another person present.
Likewise the teachings of Bob Jones can be good or bad regardless of his indiscretions.
He's not a teacher and you know this. You can read his prophetic words on his website. It's the consternation of the mind that seems so out of place. We're not supposed to be running the show. We don't go fishing into someone's sins in the sea of forgetfullness. If you're led to partake, then you do without asking for credentials. If you don't, then you don't pursue it. You judge words based on how they relate to your life personally (or your flock if you're the pastor). You don't read them looking for something to object to.
For anyone considering interacting in a real sense (i.e. face to face) it would seem entirely relevant to know why he had been removed from ministry. I wouldn't want my wife going to see a minister who had encouraged other women to undress, even if I knew for a fact he had repented I'd want to be present.
We already know that won't be the case. Furthermore it is very reasonable to think that if he was to minister in a body, that someone would be present with him (on his behalf, not the other person). The enemy would love to discredit him further.
A false prophet may lead people towards another god, they may lead people towards themselves rather than some other spiritual being real or imagined. A false prophet will also prophesy things that do not come to pass.
I think as you read you get the sense that he wants to communicate what he believes is the word of the Lord to the church. He knows others will test and judge his words (not him). It's the same with every prophet.
think it's inevitable that whenever you ask opinions of a minister you'll get a range of opinions. Some will like them, some will dislike them.
We're really supposed to be letting go of our own opinions and not getting into speculation about someone's ministry based on their past. The Lord is Lord of the past for those who are His. It's clear that Bob was His.
Personally I don't want to silence people who dislike what someone teaches, all I'd ask is that if they are going to comment on whether they consider the teaching to be sound that they take the time to explain why.
It's not about censorship. It's about loving people and not treating them with a microscope. You look at their ministry to receive and for blessing. With that kind of motive, if it falls short, you turn aside from it or with a "check" then you avoid it.

"Entertaining" carnal perspectives (not pursuing it from the love angle), looking for something to object to, is certainly not going to be an environment for the Spirit of God to move in. It's been my experience that if you're looking at "theoretical" knowledge, you won't get many answers. If it's something you feel led to walk in, that's another matter.

Upvote 0

contango

...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He proclaims the Lordship of Jesus. It is for us to give them the benefit of the doubt. Treat him as you'd like to be treated.

I don't expect anyone to assume that the things I say are true, I expect to be tested against Scripture. So on that basis I would test his words as I'd test anyone else, and as I'd expect to be tested.

Somehow I don't think that is going to take place. Furthermore, if you need to weigh receiving ministry from someone based on a background check, you'd be walking by your sense knowledge, not being led by the Spirit.

I wouldn't allow just anybody to minister to me. I'd want to know who they are first.

We're not talking about the world. Also, he is affiliated with other ministries who know what happened. They're not going to let him be in an environment where he might be considered questionable. He's also got a wife who would also know. If you're married, you'd surely not minister to women alone with another person present.

Whatever he is affiliated with obviously didn't stop him the first time. Hopefully they would have learned, but it's still our responsibility to look after ourselves. I wouldn't assume a wife would know everything - the fact people have affairs shows that spouses don't necessarily know all that goes on.

He's not a teacher and you know this. You can read his prophetic words on his website. It's the consternation of the mind that seems so out of place. We're not supposed to be running the show. We don't go fishing into someone's sins in the sea of forgetfullness. If you're led to partake, then you do without asking for credentials. If you don't, then you don't pursue it. You judge words based on how they relate to your life personally (or your flock if you're the pastor). You don't read them looking for something to object to.

I'm not interested in fishing for sins, I'm interested in whether prophetic words are sound, whether teaching is Scriptural. It's all well and good to say that we can judge words based on how they relate to me but if something is broadcast I'd hope it was on the back of more than "someone might find this relevant". Putting stuff out there in the hope someone bites is more like a horoscope than a prophecy.

We already know that won't be the case. Furthermore it is very reasonable to think that if he was to minister in a body, that someone would be present with him (on his behalf, not the other person). The enemy would love to discredit him further.

One would have hoped that such a precaution would have saved the women persuaded to undress the first time around. Lots of things are good in theory but if they are not done the theory is worthless.

I think as you read you get the sense that he wants to communicate what he believes is the word of the Lord to the church. He knows others will test and judge his words (not him). It's the same with every prophet.

... which is great, and people can test the words he speaks and draw their own conclusions.

We're really supposed to be letting go of our own opinions and not getting into speculation about someone's ministry based on their past. The Lord is Lord of the past for those who are His. It's clear that Bob was His.

I didn't know Bob so I can't comment where he stood. On that basis I wouldn't accept what he presents as prophetic words without testing them carefully.

It's not about censorship. It's about loving people and not treating them with a microscope. You look at their ministry to receive and for blessing. With that kind of motive, if it falls short, you turn aside from it or with a "check" then you avoid it.

That's what people are doing here, except they are also figuring that when they get a "check" they will warn others. That's an entirely Biblical thing to do. We don't show much love if we don't warn others of something we believe is toxic.

"Entertaining" carnal perspectives (not pursuing it from the love angle), looking for something to object to, is certainly not going to be an environment for the Spirit of God to move in. It's been my experience that if you're looking at "theoretical" knowledge, you won't get many answers. If it's something you feel led to walk in, that's another matter.

Who said anything about looking for something to object to? We are called to test, and testing means we start out not knowing if something is good or not. We can't effectively test unless we consider the possibility that it is good as well as the possibility that it is bad.

Upvote 0