Bob Jones

T

ToBeBlessed

..... also..... if scripture clearly points out that the wrath of God could only be understood perfectly in the "latter days" then is it likely that these NDE accounts by Christians could play a huge role in helping us to understand the wrath of God...... unlike ever before in church history?????!!

Can you call them NDE accounts if the person does not have a medical condition that puts their body in a mode that is near death or at death?

Plus the accounts from medically based NDE's are so different from these other experiences.

I don't see them as related.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I'd rather see what someone is teaching before I let them minister to me directly.
In other words, you want to be led by your sense knowledge. That's who's really driving. You want to see it (and approve) before you at least seek to enter in.

What you're describing is all well and good but utterly subjective. It's much like you were saying in another thread where you kept referring to "the power and the presence", with no way of objectively determining how to handle a situation where people disagreed.

I'm talking about being led by the Spirit of God. It's not at all subjective. The power and the presence is all you'll every need to "objectively" judge. You say, "no way". It's the only way.

..sounds like you're regarding everything as being from God but maybe not right for you for today. How do you determine what isn't right for today from what isn't right at any time, ever?
Everything is not from God, but when you seek to enter in, you do so with the intent of receiving. Some things are of God (some are not), but we're not ready for them. It's supposed to build on something already in place. Just because you don't seem blessed doesn't mean it's not from God. At the same time, because their is no manifestation, we cannot render a judgment. Your head can't take over and say, "I didn't get anything" and assume it was a "zero". It's when He rises up and you get the sense of the "reins" being exercised to pull you to one side or the other. It's when the "Halt!" (check) comes into play that you stop. It's when the "velvety supernatural peace" sensation comes on that you have a green light. It's of God. You can trust it without any ID or qualifications.

The whole sense of "being drawn" is also so subjective as to be unhelpful. I was once drawn to buy Bill Johnson's book "When Heaven Invades Earth". I read it and thought it was amazing. Later on I read it again and thought it was trash.
Unhelpful? I don't think you relate to what I'm saying at all. It's conclusive. You still employ the scriptural multitude of counselors, etc., but that is so you do not trust in yourself. But at the heart of it, we're talking about a supernatural manifestation that is anything but "unhelpful", "not subjective", etc.". It's what you base your life on.
...if we're going to ignore Scripture because we "feel led" we might as well chuck our Bibles in the trash.
Nobody said to "ignore" anything. What we don't do is let the head lead the way. The guidance of the Holy Spirit is better than any alternative you can present. It always goes right alongside the Word (even if you don't know it).

Why do you "assume they are very much of God" without even testing them?
It is a constant test. You don't assume they are, but you enter in at least giving them love's benefit of the doubt as a starter. Unless of course, you are being tugged at the reins to not be a part.)

When Paul lauded the Bereans for testing his own teachings, how much more should we test the teachings of today? Assuming it's of God isn't testing.
If you really want to use the Bereans as a model, receive what is presented to you with all readiness FIRST.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I said: I could read some and speculate. I could do a mental comparison if what they're saying seems scriptural, but in the Spirit Filled realm it is supposed to be following increases of supernatural peace along the way.
No, in the Spirit filled realm it's still supposed to be about following Jesus ever more closely. In the Spirit filled realm it's particularly important to test the spirits, to test teachings, and not to be drawn away from the truth that is found in Jesus Christ.

If it's of God it WILL agree with the Word. We've been given the Holy Spirit and that's what it is about now. We have the Word and refer and receive to it, but our primary guide (in agreement with this) is the Holy Spirit.

...We can't even be sure that supernatural peace is from God - when I was involved in the occult I could generate a sense of total peace. I wouldn't say for a moment it was anything to do with God.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way because I don't want to offend, but I think you should seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a secondary experience to being born again. All of your senses will get activated (as I have been describing them). I say this because you don't relate to what I'm saying as a primary "driver". This is probably because what you're saying is what you know. But there is more.

I know this section of the forum draws a number of people who insist they were Spirit filled when they were water baptized. That is possible, but I have to meet even one where this was the case.

I said: It's not about finding fault or not finding fault. If you enter into this with the intent of receiving, you can expect the wind to blow in one direction or another.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. I won't enter into anything with the intent of receiving something that isn't tested.
The testing goes on on the inside of you (in your spirit). Your head kind of comes along for the ride (ideally).

There is no reason why I shouldn't listen to someone, weigh what they are presenting, and then decide whether to accept it or reject it. Anyone who says their words shouldn't be tested is teaching contrary to Scripture and I'd reject them on that basis alone.

Listen to them (if you're led). But the weighing takes place in your spirit in the things I have been describing. Without these things working, you only have your Bible and primarily your head to judge with. Your heart does receive anyway, but nowhere near what it would be if you get baptized in the Spirit.

I said: Unless the Spirit moves, you can't say for certain if it is from God. And if He does move, then we don't have to figure anything out at all.

Are you serious? If we can't test anything without the Spirit moving why did God bother giving us the Bible? Why didn't Paul criticise the Bereans for testing his teachings against Scripture when apparently they should have just hoped the Spirit would move?

At that time at least, the Bereans doubtlessly were Spirit filled and they joyfully compared the Word, truly as a more excellent way. But the excellence wasn't that they just used the Word, they had a readiness and the Holy Spirit to move and to guide and confirm inside of them (your covenant right).

If someone stands in front of 10,000 people and says "Is there anyone here who has a bad back?" and someone stands up, was that a word from God or a lucky guess? Finding someone with a common complaint in such a large group is hardly stretching the bounds of probability, is it?

We're talking about the gifts. The one giving the word of knowledge knows as its going out because of the power. The one standing to receive has his/her spirit to quicken or beckon to quicken upon moving on the word. Only they know until they bear witness.

If someone jumps up with a bad back and they didn't "hear" it in their spirit, I would they likely would not benefit from it. Although it is said that if a word goes out to a body, your spirit can pull a "general word" to the body and act upon and make it yours. God is not impartial and if you've got faith for it, it is yours too.

We were given minds for a reason. How do we "love the Lord your God with all your mind" if we disengage our minds and figure that everything must be from God so it's OK if it doesn't make any sense, or is just a load of generic twaddle that could be matched to just about anything? We're more in the realms of horoscopes than prophecy if we follow that route.

This is why I say what I do about being Spirit filled and being able to judge (or to know not to judge).

It doesn't hurt to use a little common sense when testing.
That's not the same thing as receiving judgment. You could by a general knowledge of the Word avoid some things and be right doing so, but you'd never know in general the things of the Spirit because your spirit must discern them.

I won't go on about it, because without this you won't understand the legitimacy of what I am saying. You see it as "feelings" and setting aside the Word and judgment (common sense or something you can objectively see). I am just saying that to properly judge as a believer, you "receive" judgment.

And how do you test it? We've been over this ground many times and unless I missed something I have yet to hear anything objective. Testing based on how something makes us feel is dangerous simply because it is so subjective.

So if you feel peace with someone and I feel a sense of such revulsion I can't bear to be in the same room, is that person anointed or not? This isn't entirely hypothetical, replace "you" with a specific individual and I've been in exactly that situation.
I myself have been in situations where I had darkness hanging off of me and I could tell it was hanging off of me when I entered into the presence of a strongly anointed servant. I was very uncomfortable and potentially all sorts of "negative" manifestations might take place. I've seen people throw up, have seizures, get very nervous, feel like they have to leave, etc. We're led by paths of peace and not by "revulsion".

Just out of interest, would you say someone who talked about angels having farting contests in the throne room belonged in the pulpit?

I would find this grossly inappropriate.

Carnal checks and balances? I wouldn't say testing what someone teachings against Scripture is in any way carnal.
If you're not "receiving" judgment, then it's a carnal speculation. You might comment on what you do sense in your spirit and reserve final judgment. Sometimes in the exercise of agape, as you speak, you draw out counsel. You're kind of a "first hand observer". But you always judge by the fruit in your spirit.

Upvote 0

Zugzwang

Feb 28, 2006
✟17,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'll only comment this one time regarding some of the things I have read here, then I'll leave the thread. If you respond and feel it's important, pm me otherwise I won't see it.

Some clarifications:

SOME of us love God more than man. That may seem like an overly pious attitude to some of you I'm sure, but the bottom line here is that some of us take God's rep & word seriously, and don't want to see it dragged through the mud by these "pretenders" that call themselves "christians".

Matt 24:11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many."

I don't need to search Jones heart, or others like him, all I have to do is believe the Word. "Many" in this verse means MOST! The Majority. Look up the full meaning, not just the abbreviated definition & you will see this. So forgive me for having the understanding & capacity to read & study, and if it applies, ask youraself why you do not feel the need to.

As to Peter, well lest we forget, he DID cut an ear off a roman guard when he came to arrest Jesus. An assault on a guard was an assault on Caesar, so he was no coward. Only God knows the spiritual payback Peter was going through when satan struck at the Son of the Most High.

Finally, WHY should the world "join" Christ when you make excuses for these ppl's behavior, hmm? Everyone loses their minds when it comes to what the world does, but doesn't feel the NEED to lead by example. Don't you think the world sees our hypocrisy? You gong to tell them how they're going to hell b/c of their "sins", and yet allow this man to continue to have a platform/pulpit after what he did before he died?

Really?

If I was in the world I wouldn't want your "brand" of christianity either; no different than theirs.

Later.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I could go on for a long time. I've received words that addressed what I meditated on right before the meeting. I've received affirmations from the Lord who assured me I was right in step with Him and not to doubt. I've heard words to tell me to take a step back and let Him fight the battles.

I've had prophecies that let me know the witty ideas I wanted to move in were from Him (several times). They involved an investment in time and without the confirmation, when times might get tough, I could remember and do warfare with these and other prophecies concerning my relationships, goings on in the church, my own ministry, my take on the church, how to support my pastor, how I handle persecution, etc.

I've had confirmations regarding giftings, areas of ministry, long range plans, things concerning my own family, this forum, angels working with me, Him cultivating the hunger, when to trust and rest in questionable circumstances, when not to take the blame, when to believe that He heard me in earnest about things closest to my heart.

It might all sound "general" and vague, but when it hits you square on the head and you KNOW it was Him, it touches your heart in a way that strengthens you to overcome, not to mention as Paul told Timothy, that by these you wage warfare against the enemy.

Without them your walk lacks a certain dimension and depth. It's for everyone and if people know that it's available and they don't go places to receive (as well as the other ministries), then they won't reach the full potential at that time of their lives.

One other comment to the previous post, ALWAYS consider the Word, not discount it. But if you're going to read that Word, then read where it says how to judge. It's in the ways I've been saying. It is an exercise of the spiritual senses to determine good from evil (not just the devil and that which sounds good). It's a supernatural "sight" that enables you to "drive" in the spirit realm by faith. It keeps "you" out of the picture so that He can judge.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I ask you all, seriously.

What has ANY modern day prophet revealed to you, that you could not live without to follow Christ?

What are any one of us looking for, seeking to find, that we do NOT ALREADY have in Christ and in the Word of God?

I challenge ALL of you!

Tell me.

What is it?

I want to hear, really I do. I'm dead serious.

Well.......... the near death experience of Howard Storm has given me information to work with that grabs the attention of people on discussion forums that would be bored if I simply quoted the Bible.

The book The Vision by Rick Joyner has greatly helped me to understand the types of gifts that my Pentecostal wife introduced me to back in 2001! That book has been much like a Rosetta Stone to me so that I can understand the language that she uses.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I could go on for a long time. I've received words that addressed what I meditated on right before the meeting. I've received affirmations from the Lord who assured me I was right in step with Him and not to doubt. I've heard words to tell me to take a step back and let Him fight the battles.

I've had prophecies that let me know the witty ideas I wanted to move in were from Him (several times). They involved an investment in time and without the confirmation, when times might get tough, I could remember and do warfare with these and other prophecies concerning my relationships, goings on in the church, my own ministry, my take on the church, how to support my pastor, how I handle persecution, etc.

I've had confirmations regarding giftings, areas of ministry, long range plans, things concerning my own family, this forum, angels working with me, Him cultivating the hunger, when to trust and rest in questionable circumstances, when not to take the blame, when to believe that He heard me in earnest about things closest to my heart.

It might all sound "general" and vague, but when it hits you square on the head and you KNOW it was Him, it touches your heart in a way that strengthens you to overcome, not to mention as Paul told Timothy, that by these you wage warfare against the enemy.

Without them your walk lacks a certain dimension and depth. It's for everyone and if people know that it's available and they don't go places to receive (as well as the other ministries), then they won't reach the full potential at that time of their lives.

One other comment to the previous post, ALWAYS consider the Word, not discount it. But if you're going to read that Word, then read where it says how to judge. It's in the ways I've been saying. It is an exercise of the spiritual senses to determine good from evil (not just the devil and that which sounds good). It's a supernatural "sight" that enables you to "drive" in the spirit realm by faith. It keeps "you" out of the picture so that He can judge.

Wow!!!!!

I've gotten some pretty amazing prophecies too that have helped me to better undersand where I am being led and why????!!!!

BRO DENNIS GOD IS TALKING TO ME
HE SAYS THIS
IM RELEASING DIVINE AUTHORITY TO MY CHILDREN IN A MEASURE THAT THE Y HAVE NEVER KNOWN OR EXPEIRIENCED
IN THIS SEASON
AND THAT EACH ONE HAS A SPECIFIC JURISDICTION
OR SPHERE OF AUTHORITY IN WHICH TO RULE AND REIGN WITH ME
December 15 Tommy Jenkins
I KEEP HEARING THE NAME JOSEPH
JOSEPH
GOD IS NOW POSITIONING YOU
AS A JOSEPH
AND HE WILL PUT YOU
AMONGST KINGS
AND YOU WILL
BRING SPECIFIC MATTERS BEFOR OUR LORD
EARLIER WHEN I SPOKE BRIEFLY WITH YOUR WIFE
THE UTTERANCE OF QUEEN CAME OUT OF MY MOUTH
AND GOD SAYS THAT YOU WILL PULL DOWN STRONGHOLDS AND CAST DOWN MUCH EVIL
FOR I HAVE GIVEN YOU DOMINION AND POWER TO ESTABLISH MY KINGDOM
THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN
ON EARTH
IN CANADA
AND WHERE EVER THAT I SEND YOU SAITH THE LORD OF HOSTS
AMEN

Upvote 0

contango

...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
Sometimes here, sometimes there
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said: I could read some and speculate. I could do a mental comparison if what they're saying seems scriptural, but in the Spirit Filled realm it is supposed to be following increases of supernatural peace along the way.

You keep saying this kind of thing. Where does the Bible fit into all this?

If it's of God it WILL agree with the Word. We've been given the Holy Spirit and that's what it is about now. We have the Word and refer and receive to it, but our primary guide (in agreement with this) is the Holy Spirit.

I'm sure you aren't trying to say that the Bible should take a back seat to how we feel we are being led but struggling to read anything else into what you are saying. If two people claim to be led by the Spirit but say diametrically opposed things, how do you determine who is right? I'm talking about situations where they can't both be right - let's say you regard Pastor Joe Blow as a good teacher because you feel that supernatural peace, while I regard him with great caution because I feel such a lack of peace around him. Is he a good teacher or not? Are his words sound or not?

I hope you don't take this the wrong way because I don't want to offend, but I think you should seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a secondary experience to being born again. All of your senses will get activated (as I have been describing them). I say this because you don't relate to what I'm saying as a primary "driver". This is probably because what you're saying is what you know. But there is more.

It takes more than that to offend me :)

Seriously, all sorts of people have told me that I have a strong prophetic gifting and a strong sense of discernment, so I think I'm good there. For what it's worth I usually use that sense of discernment as what might be called an early warning system, but would still look to Scripture as an arbiter if I was unsure of something.

If I read or hear someone's teachings I'll often get a sense that things are good, or that things are not good. If I get a sense of agitation that's enough for me to be wary around the teachings but I'd still look to Scripture before rejecting them outright. If I wanted to explain to someone else why they should also reject a teaching I'd want to back it up with Scripture - if I say "this makes me feel bad" I have nothing more or less than them saying "this gives me peace". Which is why I would go back to Scripture as an objective yardstick.

I said: It's not about finding fault or not finding fault. If you enter into this with the intent of receiving, you can expect the wind to blow in one direction or another.

I still prefer to know whether something is sound or not before receiving it. If I hear someone preaching I will consider what they say, I won't accept it blindly. Just because someone is in the pulpit doesn't mean they have all the answers or have it all right.

The testing goes on on the inside of you (in your spirit). Your head kind of comes along for the ride (ideally).

Listen to them (if you're led). But the weighing takes place in your spirit in the things I have been describing. Without these things working, you only have your Bible and primarily your head to judge with. Your heart does receive anyway, but nowhere near what it would be if you get baptized in the Spirit.

This still doesn't address the question of what to do when two people disagree. I've seen things that some people insisted were "Spirit filled" that I considered to be toxic. So are they right, or am I right? We can talk about our hearts and our spirits all we want but without an objective standard we end up in a pantomime situation where one side says "oh yes it is" and the other says "oh no it isn't" and no progress can be made.

I said: Unless the Spirit moves, you can't say for certain if it is from God. And if He does move, then we don't have to figure anything out at all.

... which still doesn't answer the outstanding question of what to do when two people believe the Spirit has moved, and yet they have totally different answers.

At that time at least, the Bereans doubtlessly were Spirit filled and they joyfully compared the Word, truly as a more excellent way. But the excellence wasn't that they just used the Word, they had a readiness and the Holy Spirit to move and to guide and confirm inside of them (your covenant right).

I wonder why Paul lauded them for "studying the Scriptures daily" when he could have just commented on how they were so led they accepted his teaching because of the deep peace it gave them.

We're talking about the gifts. The one giving the word of knowledge knows as its going out because of the power. The one standing to receive has his/her spirit to quicken or beckon to quicken upon moving on the word. Only they know until they bear witness.

Not necessarily. I remember giving a word to someone in a very curious situation. I'd received what I believed was a word intended for me, although I struggled to make sense of it. Then I got a sense it was for someone else, so I approached them with it with no idea of how it would be received. Even as I spoke it there was no sense of power, no sense of anything other than "does this mean anything at all to you". Yet the word practically knocked the person off their feet.

I won't go on about it, because without this you won't understand the legitimacy of what I am saying. You see it as "feelings" and setting aside the Word and judgment (common sense or something you can objectively see). I am just saying that to properly judge as a believer, you "receive" judgment.

I am familiar with a sense of peace around a teaching and I am familiar with a sense of great agitation around other teachings. I've been in situations where I've felt such agitation that I've left the room, and in some cases even that wasn't enough. Yet at the same time other people were hailing the situation as having the Holy Spirit all over it. So either they are misguided and the spirit was some other spirit, or I am misguided and the Holy Spirit was causing me to feel such agitation.

In a situation like this either the Holy Spirit was involved, or something else was involved. I still don't have a straight answer how to tell whether I am wrong or the others are wrong.

I myself have been in situations where I had darkness hanging off of me and I could tell it was hanging off of me when I entered into the presence of a strongly anointed servant. I was very uncomfortable and potentially all sorts of "negative" manifestations might take place. I've seen people throw up, have seizures, get very nervous, feel like they have to leave, etc. We're led by paths of peace and not by "revulsion".

When I get a sense of revulsion it's normally a good early warning system that something isn't right. I've had that very sense a number of times when I've been wandering through a store not really paying attention. When it happens I've almost invariably wandered into a section offering New Age or occult based stuff. So when I get a sense of revulsion I figure either there's something wrong with me, or something wrong with the situation.

I would find this grossly inappropriate.

So if someone were using a sermon to talk about angels breaking wind before the throne of God, would you take the person seriously in their other teachings? What about the church that allowed them to preach, if they were invited back? (This is a genuine question about your opinion, personally I'd find it very hard to take them or their church very seriously)

If you're not "receiving" judgment, then it's a carnal speculation. You might comment on what you do sense in your spirit and reserve final judgment. Sometimes in the exercise of agape, as you speak, you draw out counsel. You're kind of a "first hand observer". But you always judge by the fruit in your spirit.

Sounds like the kind of thing I tend to do already, I sense something is right or wrong and then look to Scripture to test.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith

You keep saying this kind of thing. Where does the Bible fit into all this?

To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
Luke 1:79 (KJV)

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
Col 3:15 (KJV)

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

2 Peter 1:2 (KJV)

Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
1 Peter 3:11 (KJV)

The way of peace they know not;
and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.
Isaiah 59:8 (KJV)

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
2 Peter 3:14 (KJV)

And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

James 3:18 (KJV)

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
2 Tim 2:22 (KJV)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:22-23 (KJV)

I remember in one of Kenneth Hagin's visions of the Lord, Jesus told him that when he walked in the perfect will of God (in a matter) that he'd have a peaceful "velvety" kind of feeling. Hate to use the word "feeling", but your spirit would have a supernatural manifestation of God's peace that transcends all understanding.

Those 3 words are the big clue here because your mind may not understand, but your spirit can.

I'm sure you aren't trying to say that the Bible should take a back seat to how we feel we are being led but struggling to read anything else into what you are saying.
It's been said that the Bible contains an outline on how to live your life. The Word days to sit down, rise up, lay prostate, etc. It says to judge and not to judge. It instructs us not to judge ourselves and to judge ourself. It says to rebuke and it says not to rebuke. How do you know which one is applicable for you in that moment in time. The Holy Spirit. He's your instructor on hand.

That's why when we think about reviewing someone's life to see if they're ministry is "valid" is often a questionable proceeding. It has a good motive, but we're not qualified in ourselves to really know. We don't know if someone repented or not. We're told to give people the benefit of the doubt. If someone is lying to you, you can get a sense of that that no one else has. It can be relied on.

At the same time, you mention being "revolted". I remember at various times in my life when I felt creepy around certain ministers and I just wanted to leave than be around them. It was darkness that was freaking out. They don't want to be around the light.

I was listening to someone talk about cults in a church and you could clearly hear someone manifesting in ear-shot. That deceiving spirit couldn't stand to be exposed.

If two people claim to be led by the Spirit but say diametrically opposed things, how do you determine who is right?
You just rely on the Holy Spirit and if you're not getting anything just leave it at that. He's not required to reveal everyone and many things go on that He's aware of and we're not. All we are to be concerned about is what we seem to be led into.

Remember when Jesus asked who made Me your judge? He is the judge of all and impartial. But it wasn't His concern and He told him so.

I know of a number of good ministries with powerful words and oters cannot stand them. I know the source of their grief. Sometimes people just aren't led to a ministry becuase either they're not ready for them or He'll use someone else to reach them. We kind of have to be "won" sometimes. He repeats certain things wo we'll be sure of them. After the precept is established, you're ready to have something built on it.

There are people others get into and I don't have any inclination at all to partake. They could be wonderful and maybe I have prejudices that still need dealing with.

You can trust what ministers to you. If someone like Bob Jones gave 100 presumptuous words in his life and a 1,000 mighty blessings, and maybe a sinful period in his life or our lives, it doesn't matter if he (or we) repents. The callings of God are without repentance and if He moves, that is God's business not ours. If we have ears to hear, then we can receive a blessing anyway.

There aren't too many people who didn't say something I didn't take issue with on some level, and if that disqualified them, I'd be out of luck!

Seriously, all sorts of people have told me that I have a strong prophetic gifting and a strong sense of discernment, so I think I'm good there. For what it's worth I usually use that sense of discernment as what might be called an early warning system, but would still look to Scripture as an arbiter if I was unsure of something.
All believers have something within them that gives light to walk in. I mention the baptism of the Holy Spirit because it gives an added dimension to your discernment that answers the questions you have in a way I cannot explain beyond what I have. The abundance of supernatural peace (fruit of the Spirit) cannot be counterfeited. It's of Him and the deepest natural peace or relaxation cannot imitate the real anointing and presence.

You can use scripture as an objective yardstick. If someone says you can get to Heaven without Jesus, then you know they're lying. But if someone said they went to Heaven, and you have a check in your spirit, their story is amiss. It doesn't matter how nice their testimony sounds.

But people someone act up around the anointing because something's dominion is being threatened.

I still prefer to know whether something is sound or not before receiving it.
I don't think you openly swallow before getting a sense in your spirit about what it really is. When a dog sees something it's never seen in its life, it knows on the inside if it is food. I'll tell him, "You've never had crab a day in your life!", but he'll wolf it down!

I think it is better to just not be suspicious or to put brakes on (as an act of love) more than you saying, "Toss it in, I'll eat it!". That would be a mistake.

I wonder why Paul lauded them for "studying the Scriptures daily" when he could have just commented on how they were so led they accepted his teaching because of the deep peace it gave them.
It doesn't replace the scriptures, it just makes the reality of them real to you (beyond the realm of thought). You have a hunger to partake of the Word, that is always good. But people take the passages about deception and impose them on people because their head doesn't receive what they've got. It's most unseemly.

If someone you know is spiritual and they're getting ministered to and you're freaking out, I would examine why I can't partake either. Many times it is strongholds acting up. Everyone deals with them and your Canaan land is finished until all of the enemies are driven out. You don't even know they're there, until...

So if someone were using a sermon to talk about angels breaking wind before the throne of God, would you take the person seriously in their other teachings? What about the church that allowed them to preach, if they were invited back? (This is a genuine question about your opinion, personally I'd find it very hard to take them or their church very seriously)
My soul would have a hard time with that one. Some people in the natural just have rough edges. My soul has struggled with a number of people in this way (not with an ill wind though).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So if you didn't know the man passed on Valentine's Day. Did you ever meet him? He seems to have been a very polarizing figure like Jimmy Swaggart. Either you loved him or loathed him, but anyone here hace any discernment as if he was a real prophet or a wolf in disguise?

My belief at this time is that the book of Baruch in the Catholic Bible is inspired...… and it identifies the Being of Light of NDE fame who reviews lives with people as being the Word - Logos... Messiah Yeshua - Jesus in his glorified form.

… but....... just as Paul said...… when a Christian or Jew has one of those out of the body or near death experiences they may be taught things for a later time period.... that are true.... but are not be revealed yet..... We are living in the time period where all the mysteries are being explained...… and near death experiences are in my opinion..... playing a significant role in this........

Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible, Prophecy Of Baruch Chapter 6

[6] For my angel is with you: And I myself will demand an account of your souls."

It is actually Messiah Yeshua - Jesus who is bringing a sword...… that is not so easy to cut accurately with........... He showed us that there are two forms of the Word of God..... the Bible..... but also the creation..... most of his parables while he was human were taken from the creation.........

Bob Jones was a Christian who had had a near death experience... and thus he knew about things that are difficult to understand.......

Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible, Second Epistle Of Saint Paul To The Corinthians Chapter 12

I know a man in Christ above fourteen years ago (whether in the body, I know not, or out of the body, I know not; God knoweth), such a one caught up to the third heaven. [3] And I know such a man (whether in the body, or out of the body, I know not: God knoweth), [4] That he was caught up into paradise, and heard secret words, which it is not granted to man to utter.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So if you didn't know the man passed on Valentine's Day. Did you ever meet him? He seems to have been a very polarizing figure like Jimmy Swaggart. Either you loved him or loathed him, but anyone here hace any discernment as if he was a real prophet or a wolf in disguise?

Good question.......
I believe that Pastor Bob Jones was the real deal......
He had great humility... he admitted that even though he was already a pastor back in 1975 when he had a near death experience...... he only felt comfortable in the first level of heaven.........
he said the light was too bright....... and the level of energy too great in the second and third levels of heaven...........

Upvote 0