• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Boasting in the Cross

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by jimmyjimmy, Jun 19, 2017.

1. jimmyjimmy

jimmyjimmy Pardoned Rebel Supporter

+5,381
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Is there room for boasting in your Christianity? If there is, it's not Christianity.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  2. Hammster

Hammster Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Staff Member Administrator Supporter

+7,060
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    The text my pastor preached on yesterday

“Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.”
    ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭9:23-24‬ ‭NASB‬‬

3. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member

+706
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It's difficult as Christians are called arogant because we claim to have the Truth, holier than thou because we claim to have been forgiven, exclusive because we say that Jesus is the only way to God.

While I know that the only thing we can boast of is our saviour I think that it is yet anther opertunity for unbelievers to get hold of the wrong end of the stick.

I suppose that could give more time to explain just what Christianity is;)

4. JayW

JayW Well-Known Member

+1,476
    Christian
    Married
    1 Corinthians 4:7 "For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?"