Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that there should be a forum for the discussion of board games (and potentially for playing them too). Turns out there are more people on CF who like chess than I had expected.

Yes, there very well may be ... among other games as well. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: coffee
Upvote 0

coffee

Jan 19, 2020
Cambridgeshire
✟20,275.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
A game that features underground caverns and flying reptiles maybe? That, and a video game forum wouldn't be bad, I don't think either specifically exist that I've found.
There is a "Gamers Zone" for video games and related. Also probably my initial idea of "board games" should be expanded to "tabletop games" so D&D and Magick would be included, since there appears to be a mysterious segment of the population that takes these things very seriously ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was designing a board game based on my workplace, but it got shelved because I thought I might quit. ^_^ I think I might try to turn it into a card game instead.

I really enjoy board games and have been trying to research and collect fun old ones. My latest additions are Scoop! the newspaper game, Sky Lanes which has a board that moves, and Spy Alley. I would really like to find Boom or Bust some day but they're always expensive.

My family's favorite games to play together are things like Sorry! and Dutch Blitz and Imagine If.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There is a "Gamers Zone" for video games and related. Also probably my initial idea of "board games" should be expanded to "tabletop games" so D&D and Magick would be included, since there appears to be a mysterious segment of the population that takes these things very seriously ;)

That''s a good clarification, I know there are people into video and computer games but D&D, and role playing games were not really clear, and given the amount of Christian animosity for D&D especially recently, I would not have taken that for granted.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Not sure how I missed that. But yeah, Gamers Zone could technically fit and the only necessity would be splitting it into digital and analog, the latter fitting not only into board games, but anything that doesn't require electricity, arguably.

Watched an episode of Arthur where they played marbles, which I never played as a kid, sadly, the rules are seemingly simple enough and it was a good way to encourage kids to not only play simple games like that, but also interact with senior-age people a bit, though they do that better in other episodes I've seen.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟768,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, Gamers Zone is
"The forum for players of PC, console, board and other types of games."

So, as of now it fits all of the genres mentioned above, but if enough members are actively posting about a particular type of game (board, card, etc.) then it could be looked at to split it off.

Upvote 0