Blowing off Studying to Read the Bible--And Getting an A!

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello, all. Recently I've been studying for my schoolwork & tests a lot less than I should be, in favor of reading the Bible. I knew that I "should" spend more time studying for my classes, but I also knew that by giving myself to God, He won't let me down. I've studied way less than I normally do, but keep getting great grades.
I'm posting this not so much as a praise report, but as a spot of encouragement for others in similar circumstances. Worry less about your tests--after all, who can add a minute to their life by worrying? Before each class & test, say a brief prayer, something like "God, please take this class/test & do with it as You wish; help me to get good grades & spend more time with You."
He's pulled through every time!
Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ!:clap:

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Great. Let's just be irresponsible. Not study. Just read the Bible and expect to get good grades. Or we could have a proper balance, put in the proper amount of study, and also the proper amount of prayer and reading the Bible. I would think the grades would be just as good, and that You would honor God and actually learn what you should be studying.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Great. Let's just be irresponsible. Not study. Just read the Bible and expect to get good grades. Or we could have a proper balance, put in the proper amount of study, and also the proper amount of prayer and reading the Bible. I would think the grades would be just as good, and that You would honor God and actually learn what you should be studying.
I still have been studying, just spending much less time on it than the usual, stressed-out, go over and over and over it kind of studying. God has made the little studying much more effective, because God honors those who honor Him.

Upvote 0

Monad_Wisdom

Mar 25, 2018
London
✟8,960.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If its any consolation to the OP, Im 37 years old with no grades, no job and no money...Im the happiest person I know. So I say let God guide you, from cradle to the grave is short, but through Jesus life is eternal.

Upvote 0