Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Bloomberg is the more successful, self-made, & competent version of Trump but he has way too many characteristics of Trump, they're like opposite sides of the same coin. Shudders. Both muzzle employees with NDA contracts to keep quiet shady behaviour. Glad Senator Warren slayed him last night.

• Agree
Reactions: Silmarien
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟247,356.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Dem supporters have a very different standard to Repub supporters.

If it were Trump, his supporters would be chanting Woot, woot and fist pumping and laughing and yelling "You'da man!"

Well that's very simple to understand because.

"He is Da Man!"

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bloomberg is the more successful, self-made, & competent version of Trump but he has way too many characteristics of Trump, they're like opposite sides of the same coin. Shudders. Both muzzle employees with NDA contracts to keep quiet shady behaviour. Glad Senator Warren slayed him last night.
Employees are not forced to enter NDA contracts, are they?

• Agree
Reactions: zippy2006
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Employees are not forced to enter NDA contracts, are they?

I think it depends on the job. Trump has tried to force White House staff to sign NDAs like he had the staff of The Apprentice sign them to stop massively unflattering things from going public. Ppl on the show have talked about how he abused Adderall, had rage attacks, wore these men's version of high heels to look taller, and soiled himself. So he wanted to keep employees from disclosing that sort of behaviour. It's not legit though bc White House staff are not his personal employees or the employees of some private company like how they were on The Apprentice, they're employees of the White House.

I'm friends irl with Ella from here, she's from LA & her neighbour is a book agent who signed Trump's former personal assistant. Trump tried to muzzle her bc of an NDA but that's not gonna fly. He's got executive privilege but that doesn't extend to personal stuff just like explaining what it was like working for him w/o revealing anything of importance to national security. Same w Bloomberg presumably.

Harvey Weinstein had been able to keep his victims silent for so long bc he'd made everybody sign super intense NDAs & then threatened them with ruination if they broke it.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

They both lied about tax returns too. A CNN fact check doesn't support Bloomberg's claim he released his full tax returns. Bloomberg also refused to answer Warren's demands for what the women have to say. If women had signed NDAs, I bet they were forced to. There was no true NDA. They actually came out.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,154.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am willing to wait three weeks for his tax returns. We waited four years for Trump's, and he is suing the state of NY, Deutsche Bank, and others for saying they would do what HE promised to do. I believe that he will keep his word.

Theoretically, Trump's net worth is listed as $3.13 billion (compared to Bloomberg's $64 billion, or less than 5% as much.) Bloomberg's networth has gone up $2.2 billion since January, despite his lavish campaign spending. This posts a conundrum for Trump, who wants the stock market to keep doing well but doesn't want Bloomberg's net worth to rise even while he spends lavishly to tell the world the truth about him.

While I believe in public financing of campaigns, when Trump is going to raise billions and wink at Russia's election interference, I am happy to see Bloomberg spend whatever percentage of his net worth he is willing to part with. He has aleady donated $8 billion to combat climate change, and since Trump is the greatest threat to combatting climate change in the world, he would really be spending money for the same purpose.

If the NDA's were for settlements for "harassment," crude speech, etc. I really don't care. Trump has 19 women suing him for assault. One has a dress she claims has his DNA on it. Sometimes it's easier to settle nuisance suits than fight them. If he has women accusing him of the same behavior Trump has been accused of I would feel differently.

In his defense, he said his business has received many workplace awards.
BCO - Bloomberg’s London Headquarters heralded the ‘Best of the Best’ at the British Council for Offices’ National Awards
Glassdoor says 92 percent approve of the CEO and 78 percent would recommend the company to friends seeking work.
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Bloomberg-L-P-work-environment-Reviews-EI_IE3096.0,13_KH14,30.htm

In my husband's years of management, he was once named in a workplace discrimination suit by a disgruntled employee, accused of racism although he had promoted men and women of different races, and we socialized with many of them, had them as guests in our home, visited their homes, etc. It was thrown out...but I suppose it's possible his company might have settled for a small sum to make it go away. We know he was innocent, so Bloomberg could have been, too.

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟241,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am willing to wait three weeks for his tax returns...

He's an interesting candidate. It's a great plot twist. :D

Watching everyone go after Bloomberg instead of their proximate opponents was humorous. He's not even running in Nevada! ^_^ ...To his credit, I suppose Buttigieg went after Klobuchar and Bernie. Everyone else was distracted by Bloomberg the squirrel.

giphy.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it depends on the job. Trump has tried to force White House staff to sign NDAs like he had the staff of The Apprentice sign them to stop massively unflattering things from going public. Ppl on the show have talked about how he abused Adderall, had rage attacks, wore these men's version of high heels to look taller, and soiled himself. So he wanted to keep employees from disclosing that sort of behaviour. It's not legit though bc White House staff are not his personal employees or the employees of some private company like how they were on The Apprentice, they're employees of the White House.

I'm friends irl with Ella from here, she's from LA & her neighbour is a book agent who signed Trump's former personal assistant. Trump tried to muzzle her bc of an NDA but that's not gonna fly. He's got executive privilege but that doesn't extend to personal stuff just like explaining what it was like working for him w/o revealing anything of importance to national security. Same w Bloomberg presumably.

Harvey Weinstein had been able to keep his victims silent for so long bc he'd made everybody sign super intense NDAs & then threatened them with ruination if they broke it.
I thought quite a bit about this.
First, we don't know the facts of each case or even who is involved. It could be that a woman made a complaint against a man, or a man against a woman, woman against a woman, or a man against a man.

This is what Bloomberg said on The View.
“But we made legal agreements which both sides wanted to keep things from coming out. They have a right to do that.”

How could Bloomberg release one side for them to speak publically when the other person involved doesn't want it to come out and they both made a contractual agreement and the company agreed.

What if a married woman hit on a married man. He made a complaint against her. The company sits down with each of them and asks what they want to do. The married woman doesn't want her husband to know and the man doesn't want his teenage children to be embarrassed if it became public so they agree to sign NDAs. The company agrees and signs the NDAs. What happens after that can be worked out with the company. Maybe she gets fired and he gets a settlement for the trouble he has gone through.

There are many scenarios that could be made but the point is that the company has made an agreement with two people who made an agreement and I don't see how Bloomberg could ethically or morally release people from those NDAs without their permission. If he did I'm not sure he couldn't be sued.

Now I may have misunderstood what he said but there was something he said in the debate too that made me think he was talking about more than the victim and the company.
I read...
An NDA also cannot prohibit an employee from filing a sexual harassment complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
https://www.workplacefairness.org/nondisclosure-agreements#4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
An NDA also cannot prohibit an employee from filing a sexual harassment complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
https://www.workplacefairness.org/nondisclosure-agreements#4

Ok so from the link:
If you are a victim of sexual assault or harassment in the workplace and you have signed an NDA, you may still be able to break your silence. Because NDAs can differ, you should consult with an attorney to discuss whether you will be vulnerable to legal action for violating settlement terms or for defamation.

I put important stuff in bold.

I def. see why so many are terrified to come forward. It only says "may." Not that you can, but you "may" be able to break your silence.

Michael Cohen testified under oath & showed the proof that Trump had him threaten hundreds of ppl to keep them silent. Trump has a whole team of attorneys at the ready. Personal attorneys. Which is different from White House attorneys. So do other rich ppl like Bloomberg & Weinstein. A lot of victims cannot afford to consult with an attorney much less to retain an attorney for a super expensive battle. One they could be fighting while in the meantime their job, reputation, life get tanked bc of breaking their silence.

Another thing I learned from Ella about this is a method Trump has long used. It's called DARVO.
"Deny, Attack, and Reverse Victim and Offender." It's where they flip things to make it out like they're the victim bc of the accusation. So they accuse the accuser, regardless of the facts.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yes, if they want the job or want the settlement being offered in exchange for the NDA.
You think the victim would be fired if the didn't sign the NDA? That would be a really stupid thing for a company to do.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You think the victim would be fired if the didn't sign the NDA? That would be a really stupid thing for a company to do.
No, they wouldn’t be hired in the first place. It’s part of your hiring paperwork. Even if you are handed it a few weeks into a job, people rarely challenge something like that. Your boss has all the power.

Companies fire people as retaliation for various things all the time. Labor laws are weak, unenforced, and lack proper penalties.

• Winner
Reactions: Kentonio
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
He's an interesting candidate. It's a great plot twist. :D

Watching everyone go after Bloomberg instead of their proximate opponents was humorous. He's not even running in Nevada! ^_^ ...To his credit, I suppose Buttigieg went after Klobuchar and Bernie. Everyone else was distracted by Bloomberg the squirrel.

giphy.gif

Bloomberg needed to be crushed early to stop his spending from crowding out most of the field. Yang has said that one of his major donors told him Bloomberg has been calling other donors asking them to sit out the primary (obviously he personally doesn't need donations of course). The likes of Biden, Buttigieg and Warren desperately needed to put a torpedo into the SS Bloomberg before it got up any more steam.

• Useful
Reactions: zippy2006
Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bloomberg needed to be crushed early to stop his spending from crowding out most of the field. Yang has said that one of his major donors told him Bloomberg has been calling other donors asking them to sit out the primary (obviously he personally doesn't need donations of course). The likes of Biden, Buttigieg and Warren desperately needed to put a torpedo into the SS Bloomberg before it got up any more steam.
source?

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
CNN would have vetted the story. They probably found out that it wasn't true or Yang's source wouldn't confirm it.

Yeah maybe, but Yang saying it already makes it a story. I still don't understand why they'd pull that, rather than just post a followup story about it not being true, or at least being denied.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0