Blood Root and skin tags

Ritz

Senior Veteran
Aug 23, 2005
✟5,627.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
I bought 2 bags of blood root. I thought the lab was sending the paste. My husband has terrible skin tags in his neck and arm area. I'm trying to make a paste and nowhere on the internet(including the oregon lab I purchased from) has info on how to make this into a paste. I know you use a pin sized amount and it can be poisonous. HELP anyone that has done their own herbal remedies. He wants to snip them,I say no! Gosh.:eek:

natureforlife

Mar 18, 2006
North Carolina
Visit site
✟15,202.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ritz said:
I bought 2 bags of blood root. I thought the lab was sending the paste. My husband has terrible skin tags in his neck and arm area. I'm trying to make a paste and nowhere on the internet(including the oregon lab I purchased from) has info on how to make this into a paste. I know you use a pin sized amount and it can be poisonous. HELP anyone that has done their own herbal remedies. He wants to snip them,I say no! Gosh.:eek:
Hi Ritz,

Did you ever find the information you needed for the blood root? And what were the results?

I typically recommend to my clients to take blood purifying herbs to get rid of skin tags as people achieve great results using these.

I would also like to add if you do use the blood root on the skin tags it will cause an intense inflammation at the base of the tag, which usually turns pale then falls off leaving minimal scarring.

Upvote 0

natureforlife

Mar 18, 2006
North Carolina
Visit site
✟15,202.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
sparks_will_fly said:
will those help moles go away too?

I've known people to have good results using black ointment to get rid of moles. Black ointment contains chaparral, chickweed, comfrey, golden seal, lobelia, marshmallow, mullein, myrrh, plaintain, and red clover.

It is only used until the mole is drawn to the surface then you can use golden salve or an astringent herb to heal.

Upvote 0

2Bhumble

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
Colorado
✟9,374.00
Faith
Christian
I got rid of a nasty skin tag by tying thread around it as tight as I could without feeling it. I double-knotted the thread and trimmed off the excess so it couldn't be seen. Within a day, the skin tag died because the blood supply was cut off to it and it simply fell off. It takes time but it works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

My doctor snipped them off and then cauterized them. It was not too painful. She did it without any pain relievers. However, they did grow back.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The tying method is not too painful. The string only hurts when you are tying it tight. I sterilize the site, and then I wet the string in hydrogen peroxide to sterilize it. Be sure to tie a square knot (right over left; left over right). Once it dries, the knot is even tighter, and it did not even bother me. Maybe a little itch. However, you must apply Black Ointment or some other dying ointment to help it heal and not come back once the tag has dropped off.

Remember that dog's tails are often lopped off by the tying method.

Tying is less painful than snipping them off like the doctor did to me. She would snip and then cauterize them. So, I jumped twice. Remember that I was given no pain reliever.

Personally I have found that applying a tiny drop of either clove oil, cinnamon oil, or oregano burns, but then following that with a drop of castor oil soothes and heals the wound. Caution: those oils will burn and are not to be used near or on mucus areas such as the eyes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AnneStaley

Jun 5, 2012
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely. I love the way the people here interact and shared their opinions too. I would love to track your future posts pertaining to the said topic we are able to read.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,340,195.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Ritz,

Did you ever find the information you needed for the blood root? And what were the results?

I typically recommend to my clients to take blood purifying herbs to get rid of skin tags as people achieve great results using these.

I would also like to add if you do use the blood root on the skin tags it will cause an intense inflammation at the base of the tag, which usually turns pale then falls off leaving minimal scarring.

what are blood purifying herbs?

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟171,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
what are blood purifying herbs?

I have no idea, but I'd be wary. If you have something like neurofibromatosis- it is a dominant genetic disorder and there is nothing that can stop these benign tumors from growing- unless you've inadvertently stumbled on a way to get the tumor suppressor gene to work again.

Upvote 0