United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You don't follow along well do you..
It's difficult to follow the really incoherent stuff, especially when a lot of it appears to be directed toward nonexistent participants ;)

It's called preterism and there are a few here in case you missed it.
Preterists aren't allowed to post here. You may be referring to orthodox/partial preterists, but we don't believe that the Lord hasn't returned yet, either. So you're either beating the air trying to refute people who aren't here, or you've simply failed to understand what's being said. Or maybe both.

If you're a dreaded futurist like myself and most others here.. then it simply doesn't apply to you.
Futurists appear to believe that no prophecy has ever been fulfilled, ever, and are trying desperately to account for those that have. For instance, the stolid insistence that temple sacrifice hasn't ended. Very puzzling.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Futurists appear to believe that no prophecy has ever been fulfilled, ever, and are trying desperately to account for those that have. For instance, the stolid insistence that temple sacrifice hasn't ended. Very puzzling.

If you really believe that, then you certainly don't have a clue what a futurist believes..

Every prophecy concerning the Jews till the 69th week are past.. Everything that happens after that, which includes the crucifixion and the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem as fortold in Dan 9:26 are past.

Daniel 9:27 seems to have no objective explanation for its fulfillment in 70ad if the temple is destroyed after the 69th week.

The Temple and Jerusalem fall before the 70th week. (Daniel 9:26)

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah right..
I usually am.

How about amillennialism?
Oh, yeah. So, tell me, if the cattle on a thousand hills are God's, who do the rest of 'em belong to? A thousand is a thousand, right?

.. like this is the kingdom of God.
Now help me, who did our Lord say that all power had been given to in Heaven and on Earth? Was it: A) Satan, B) Bob Johnson of Tullahoma, TN, C) our Lord Himself, or D) Some of the above?

. and satan is bound.
Hmmmm...

. and the church is Israel..?
Ever read Romans 10? It's in the New Testament. Check it out, it isn't long.

All that nonsense..
Yeah, you really ought to read Romans.

You don't scoff at that
I'm very specific in my scoffing. ;)

.. probably because your infallible ones told you that it's the truth..
My infallible ones are folks like the writers of the gospels and the epistles. I don't spend much time back in the Old Testament where they're still waiting for the Lord's first Advent. I like my history, but it's no good trying to live it. :cool:

Go back to sleep..
Nitey night!

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you really believe that, then you certainly don't have a clue what a futurist believes..
A problem that appears to afflict a lot of futurists, as well. :p

The Temple and Jerusalem fall before the 70th week. (Daniel 9:26)
Better read verse 27 as well. You're gonna have a hard time shoehorning 2K years in there. ;)

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A problem that appears to afflict a lot of futurists, as well. :p

Better read verse 27 as well. You're gonna have a hard time shoehorning 2K years in there. ;)

No harder than the 2000 year gap between the prophecy given and the second coming of Christ we are currently experiencing..

Forgot about that one huh...

The single greatest prophecy ever in the Bible has a 2000 year gap (pending)..

I don't need proof of the gap between Daniels predefined numerical groups, I have it elsewhere in prophecies with much larger gaps...

As the events come to pass, Ill be right here, posting them for all to see.. If we are around that long..

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

I usually am.

I'm sure all of you infallible ones actually believe it too.

Oh, yeah. So, tell me, if the cattle on a thousand hills are God's, who do the rest of 'em belong to? A thousand is a thousand, right?

God's..

Any more simple or ridiculous questions?

Now help me, who did our Lord say that all power had been given to in Heaven and on Earth? Was it: A) Satan, B) Bob Johnson of Tullahoma, TN, C) our Lord Himself, or D) Some of the above?

Hmmmm...

Yes, the same LORD who made it perfectly clear who the god of this present evil world is.. just figured you'd ignore that part?

And His Apostles all back it up...

Ever read Romans 10? It's in the New Testament. Check it out, it isn't long.

Yeah, you really ought to read Romans.

I'm familiar with the section of Romans which speaks of Israel being blinded in part until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.. and how that those who ignore this tend to become wise in their own conceits..

It's amazing how clearly the word can speak, isn't it?

My infallible ones are folks like the writers of the gospels and the epistles. I don't spend much time back in the Old Testament where they're still waiting for the Lord's first Advent. I like my history, but it's no good trying to live it. :cool:

Nitey night!

Yeah ok.. mr infallible.. good night.. or we're you ever awake to begin with would be my question.. :cool:

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
LOL.. and you probably believe that stops them too right.. As mentioned.. please go back to sleep.

Actually it does. There's next to NO full-preterists that post here, if they do they are quickly shown the way out. PARTIAL-preterists are well within their rights to post because it's a valid, orthodox and proper perspective.

Facial.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually it does. There's next to NO full-preterists that post here, if they do they are quickly shown the way out. PARTIAL-preterists are well within their rights to post because it's a valid, orthodox and proper perspective.

Facial.

Given the small size and lack of attention, Id say the partial preterist safehouse thread is a real indicator of just how few Christians pay attention to any form of preterism..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
O

Old Timer

Facial.

So as long as they 'say' that they're partial preterists it's ok right..y

Lol

I've had more than a few posters here unable to even provide a single scripture pertaining to the future coming of Christ.. imagine that.. and yet they claim to be partial preterists..

Hey, I'll even give you a chance..

Can you show us a scripture(s) that shows the future coming of Christ?

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If I were asked to show a scripture which shows the future coming of Christ I would first reference Revelation 19 I think.. there are quite a few others which speak of The Lord coming although Revelation is a wondrous place to start as it describes many of the things which shall be hereafter..

A rarity, ie, we agree to agree: Rev.19:11-21 with a valid interpretation by the Holy Spirit using translated Bibles. ;)

Old Jack :amen:

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A rarity, ie, we agree to agree: Rev.19:11-21 with a valid interpretation by the Holy Spirit using translated Bibles. ;)

Old Jack :amen:

Jack, your "infallible" NA27 is a created work by men.

The same created work you claim is "infallible"..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "Blood Moons" will come and go just like the dreaded Y2K did and it will make no difference whatsoever in history.

Yes, this is true, the coming blood moons on Gods high Holy days are in fact coming..

Lets see what Israel does during this time so we can see if, as in the past, there is conflict involving Israel during these blood moons.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

The "Blood Moons" will come and go just like the dreaded Y2K did and it will make no difference whatsoever in history.

Yeah although can you show a scripture pertaining to the future coming of Christ?

I would say that is more important than claiming that you're a partial preterist.. Because then at least you can prove it by pointing to a future coming in the scriptures..

Many here can't.. Perhaps yourself included.

Upvote 0
To sum this up I'd like to describe an allegory to this blood moon/red moon events. The prophecies are describing an image to me that is of the Cross, and a battle or battles that occur over keeping it Upright or allowing it to fall upside-down as an inverted Cross. In this end-time play, the battles will be over raising it up as YHWH calls us from the Four corners, and in time of these events and by proportions, measures, etc. This is to say that we will see natural events that do reflect prophecy but that is just what the blind-eye sees before these events even begin. There are preparations made before they begin, though.

The Four winds, etc, anything depicting a group of Four has multiple parallel's, and here it concerns the Four corners of the Spirit, which is the human mind in a vessel of flesh like a veil so to speak. The imagery in the prophecy describes a time of when the world was upright in mind, and the man-child is about to be born into this world but the mother-woman is restrained because of resistance in the spiritual realm.

The woman is eventually flipped upside down and a new world-ly mind are given/"helped"/taught a secular education/knowledge to her and her man-child when he is born; this man-child is the Messiah at the end of the roads. This red moon events appear to be given natural signs in parallel to this spiritual series of events. These Four events seem to be an adjustment or correction of the Four corners/winds/voice/temples/gospel. It's a process of switching mental channels in the 'X' of our mindful spirit by quantum measures, etc. YHWH controls all of this that has spiritual influence on man's brain, while yet, He is the One restoring our minds so that our Human Rights are also restored. Give 'free will' to an upside-down man and he is then corrupt, and if YHWH restore that man, by his own 'free will' will he become Upright.

Each one actually being a step in a process of resurrection. A dead spirit does not rise immediately but rather rises slowly. This is in light of the entire Body of the Church so then, it's the building up of the spiritual temple in our mind. Men will too, build literal buildings as all works of man are manifested in his fruits. The men who store up treasures in their heaven/mind will not build a temple made of hands.

The events are describing to me a gradual enlightenment, and a raising up of the saints. Many measures are seen in proportions, ratios, and sums, etc. In this parallel I also see YHWH preparing our places, meaning that these series will be a parallel to the preparations that YHWH performs in stages.

What appears upright to an upside-down mind is actually upside-down, and if this deceived world paints blood over their doorposts/minds, they then are actually painting it underneath them, and this is illustrating a 'spilling' of blood. It's as if the deceived man goes to paint blood over his doorpost and spills it instead, and just leaves it by thinking it's okay by his own self-deceptions of compromise.

The time of death comes to the wicked minded while the time of resurrection comes for them who believe that Christ has come in the flesh. It all repeats, and nothing is new under the sun, but only new under the moon in contrast. This is only a summary of the picture.

It all seems to come together when I look from this POV. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
To sum this up I'd like to describe an allegory...

It all seems to come together when I look from this POV. Thanks :)

That's a point of view anyway. Where the basis for allegorizing it comes from, is another thing.

Upvote 0