Blood Moon April 15, 2014: Lunar eclipse has Christians divided on End Times

O

Old Timer

Obviously anyone who has not been born again by the incorruptible seed of the word of God would not be able to see that Day approaching.. only those who have the Spirit of truth in them can see things to come..

Like that Day..

The Day of The Lord, the Day of Jesus Christ.

That is the simple reason why so many right here in this forum can't see anything future.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is the simple reason why so many right here in this forum can't see anything future.

I know you can't be referring to me, becausee My youngest son has a Baseball game next Tuesday. I'm certain of it. I'ts on my calendar.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

I know you can't be referring to me, becausee My youngest son has a Baseball game next Tuesday. I'm certain of it. I'ts on my calendar.

I didn't say that you're not carnal.. if that's what you're after here.. obviously you have no problem understanding those things..

The Spirit of Truth deals with spiritual things typically..

Just FYI. ;)

Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does the incorruptable seed of Christ continue to promote, advocate, GLORY IN, support and participate in wars and killings when his example & instruction is opposite. ??? As paul instructs the believers in various parts of rome that they were to defer vengeance unto Gids judgemenr FOR CONSCIENCE SAKE. (Because of Christs example)

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Does the incorruptable seed of Christ continue to promote, advocate, GLORY IN, support and participate in wars and killings when his example & instruction is opposite. ??? As paul instructs the believers in various parts of rome that they were to defer vengeance unto Gids judgemenr FOR CONSCIENCE SAKE. (Because of Christs example)

Not at all.. and you might know that if you are born again by the incorruptible seed of the word of God.

Your question implies that you have no idea.

Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's a rherorical question. The continued end times mania long after the establishment of the new covt promotes and glories in war for the sake of "fulfilling prophecy" which was to be fulfilled with the everlasting covt.

Your response of "not at all" satisfies the objective of the question. Thanks for that admissiin. You've basically agreed that this teaching and preaching is not of the good, incorruptable seed of Chriat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

It's a rherorical question. The continued end times mania after the establishment of the new covt promotes and glories in war for the sake of "fulfilling prophecy" which was to be fulfilled with the everlasting covt.

Your response of "not at all" satisfies the objective of the question. Thanks for that admissiin.

And if you'd prefer to keep your head buried in the sands of 70AD then go right ahead.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a rherorical question. The continued end times mania long after the establishment of the new covt promotes and glories in war for the sake of "fulfilling prophecy" which was to be fulfilled with the everlasting covt.

you do realize Christ is returning right??

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Things are going to get very interesting before Christ returns..

Its a promise..

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Things are going to get very interesting before Christ returns..

Its a promise..
no ones disagreeing with this... it's the constant and repetitive claiming that his return is likely in the immediate future based on the same sort of apocalyptic doom mongering that people have been spouting for thousands of years that people take issue with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When the blood moons that fall on Gods high holy days are passed, and everything remains exactly as it does today, then we will know they had no significance.
Nah, somebody will have to invent a Spiritual Event that happened that day, that only the Unco Spiritual can discern.
It's the Emperor's New Clothes scenario, don'tcha see?

Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Things are going to get very interesting before Christ returns..o
Its a promise..

How does that question relate to the questiin and comments I asked Old Timer? He was talking about the incorruptable seed of Christ. I responded to that in post http://www.christianforums.com/t7815164-9/#post65362156

To answer your question, I don't know of any scripture or epidtle that refers to a still fyture coming to judge the world in damnatiin.

It's already been jydged in GOOD. Those who teach and preach future damnation, gloom and doom, hatred for life, warfare for Israel, etc might be outside the good doctrine and incorrubtable seed and goid intent of life.

I affirm that the verses you quoted wre fulfilled in the first century. Do the greek research to confirm what the greek words translated earth and "then" mean.

Some of these doctrines originated from Ireneouses futurist readings of the epistles; not from the apostles ir Christ.

Did all the tribes of the land witness the cloud formatiins of the roman army over judea in 66-70 AD? Yes, they were present for passover or the feast of tabernacles

Might be taking a break from the circus.

Furthermore, have you studied the topic of hebrew paralellism yet?

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Those who teach and preach future damnation, gloom and doom, hatred for life, warfare for Israel, etc might be outside the good doctrine and incorrubtable seed and goid intent of life.

It's pretty pathetic when people must lie through their teeth in order to present their case.. although it's expected imo.. because most of these scoffers are here for one reason alone..

And it certainly is not to speak the truth.. that's for sure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Bible2

Shocker said in post 43:

Amo 9:15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Amos 9:15 could refer to what will happen at Jesus' 2nd coming (Isaiah 9:7, Amos 9:11). For Amos 9:14-15 was spoken before the taking of the northern kingdom of Israel into captivity (Amos 8:14, Amos 5:27) by the Assyrians in 722 BC. And so Amos 9:14-15 was spoken before the southern kingdom of Judah was taken into captivity by the Babylonians in 586 BC. But Amos 9:14-15 didn't apply to the post-Babylonian Captivity restoration of the Jews to their land in 538 BC, for that restoration was subsequently destroyed by a Roman-empire army in 70 AD. So Amos 9:14-15 doesn't necessarily apply to the subsequent restoration of the Jews to their land in 1948 AD either. This restoration could be destroyed by the Baathists in a future war (Daniel 11:15-17; in verse 17 the original Hebrew word translated as "daughter" is "bath"), at the start of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24. Jesus will restore the Davidic kingdom of Israel (Luke 1:32b-33, Isaiah 9:7, Amos 9:11) at his 2nd coming (Acts 1:6-7, Acts 3:20-21), which will occur immediately after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 19:2 to 20:6; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8).

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Water Cross said in post 52:

Scripture tells us no man knows the coming of the son of man.

Amen.

Matthew 24:36,42,44 refers to Jesus' 2nd coming (Matthew 24:37,42,44), which Jesus had just finished saying won't happen until immediately after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31). So in Matthew 24:42,44, Jesus can mean that only if believers don't watch (stay awake, spiritually) during the tribulation, the 2nd coming will happen at an hour they don't know/think not (cf. the if principle of Revelation 3:3b). In the context of Matthew 24:36,42,44, Jesus suggests that it is possible for believers to know when the 2nd coming will occur and to watch for it (Matthew 24:43-44a; 1 Thessalonians 5:4).

Also, Jesus says "of that day and hour knoweth no man" (Matthew 24:36), he doesn't say "of that day and hour no man will know". So it's possible that at a certain point in our future, some believers will come to know the date (as in the year, month, and day) of the 2nd coming before it happens. Also, if we mistakenly think that Jesus can come today or tomorrow (as is sometimes claimed by the pre-tribulation and symbolicist views), then how can we also claim that he will come when nobody thinks he will (Matthew 24:44)?

Also, compare the following: "of that day and hour knoweth no man" (Matthew 24:36), "the things of God knoweth no man" (1 Corinthians 2:11). If we claim that the 1st verse means no man will ever know the date of the 2nd coming until it happens, then to be consistent we would have to also claim that the 2nd verse means no man, not even believers, can know the things of God until the 2nd coming. But who would say that? For the Holy Spirit can currently reveal to believers the things of God (1 Corinthians 2:12-13). He can currently guide them into all truth and show them what will happen in the future (John 16:13), including the date of the 2nd coming. For, again, Jesus suggests that it is possible for believers to know when the 2nd coming will occur and to watch for it (Matthew 24:43-44a; 1 Thessalonians 5:4). Also, what Amos 3:7 says would include the 2nd coming: Surely God the Father won't send Jesus back without having 1st revealed to some believers the secret of the date of the 2nd coming.

Jesus could return on the 1,335th day after the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing, android image of the Antichrist) is set up in a 3rd Jewish temple (Daniel 12:11-12, Revelation 16:15, Daniel 11:31,36, Matthew 24:15).

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Forget the futurist stuff here that B2 keeps pumping out, but the unknownness of the final day is correct. and it was expected as early as the end of the Jewish war of 66+ which was the enormous upheaval Jesus was referring to.

Everything seems to have been redrawn after that conflagration. As long as you believe there is a final judgement day coming, regardless of anything going on in Israel, you have the right idea. It frames the need for the Gospel, which is our job. Too much eschatology, especially futurism, is done as though we had no job description as Christians.

Upvote 0

Optimus Fortis

N°6
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2011
UK
✟35,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What would Jesus, who was attacked by the money and religious powers of his day, say to Hagee who was boasting about Israel's nuclear bunker busting prowess? He was threatening Iran from the safety of the pulpit - why doesn't he lose some weight, pick up a rifle and a back-pack and head to the West Bank himself?

Upvote 0