Blood clotting

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Examples are not a definition.
SSDD. Species aren’t archetypes with thick borders and you know that . And neither are colors Which is probably why you wanted an archetypal definition .

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
SSDD. Species aren’t archetypes with thick borders and you know that . And neither are colors Which is probably why you wanted an archetypal definition .
Actually colors are define by light waves. They have numbers associated with them. As for species, you don’t know a definition despite the claim you could define it.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The blood clotting cascade that behe claimed was irreducibly complex wasn’t irreducible. Some animals are missing one or more of the components and if you look at the genes , some of these are just different mutated versions of an original gene . I don’t know why Behe thinks this couldn’t evolve. He made cringe inducing statements at the Dover trial which didn’t help his side at all. And by the way he does accept common descent. He just thinks God pokes His fingers in from time to time and fiddles with things. Why he thought that he could prove that is beyond me. I wouldn’t have wasted my time.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You don’t know that colors are light waves measured in numbers? We are talking science not painting 101.
. You want to define a WORD. Species ! Red is a word too and it’s just as fuzzy a definition as species is

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You don’t know that colors are light waves measured in numbers? We are talking science not painting 101.
Actually, colors are aspects of human perception: many different combinations of wavelengths can produce the same color. Even for light with a single frequency, there are no objective dividing lines between particular colors.

And you still haven't told us what those scientific publications were that you claim to have read.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
The difference is an architect CAN explain where the blocks came from. They don’t pretend isn’t not a part of building a facility and belittle anyone who asks where.
Can they explain how the sand, gravel, and cement were created?

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can they explain how the sand, gravel, and cement were created?
. No sure what you meant but a geologist can explain those easily . Not so sure an architect would know .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catfisher

Apr 29, 2019
Waco
✟11,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Why would God design a world containing living things and then realize - "Oh no, their blood doesn't clot, I better fix that!"

My current opinion is that God sustains the universe in existence from moment to moment and knew from the beginning that eyes, flagellum, and blood clotting would be useful.

I think Intelligent Design sets Christians up for embarrassment. There are better arguments :)

Upvote 0