Blog: The Christian Split: Why Believers Are Torn Between Trump’s Words and His Actions

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Always nice to see christians quote the story of the adultress, which is viewed by most bible scholars as a later addition to the bible.
The entire New Testament is a later addition to the Bible, as were the Prophets and the Psalms and the Deuterocanonicals..

Christians really have never believed that the whole of the Bible was received on the top of a mountain burnt into stone, or dictated by an angel. 'God breathed' and the 'work of human hands' are not regarded as mutually exclusive terms, not by Christians anyway.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The entire New Testament is a later addition to the Bible, as were the Prophets and the Psalms and the Deuterocanonicals..

Christians really have never believed that the whole of the Bible was received on the top of a mountain burnt into stone, or dictated by an angel. 'God breathed' and the 'work of human hands' are not regarded as mutually exclusive terms, not by Christians anyway.

On the other hand, I do believe we should stop making excuses for Trump's behavior because other people are immature as well.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I meant that many scholars believe that this part of the bible was added several centuries after the gospels were originally written.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
On the other hand, I do believe we should stop making excuses for Trump's behavior because other people are immature as well.
Yea, I really wasn't addressing that in my post.
As for myself, I don't make excuses for Trump.
Nor do I think that he is much of a WWJD kind of guy.

I don't have a completely hard time understanding why Americans elected him though, even Christians who more and more see themselves under attack by politically correct leftist secularists.

I liken it to being stuck out in the middle of the jungle behind enemy lines. No doubt Mother Teresa would be the more saintly person to be stuck there with, but when it comes to survival, I personally would chose Rambo as my mate over Teresa or virtually any pope since the Borgias.

• Haha
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

I don't have a completely hard time understanding why Americans elected him though, even Christians who more and more see themselves under attack by politically correct leftist secularists.

I liken it to being stuck out in the middle of the jungle behind enemy lines. No doubt Mother Teresa would be the more saintly person to be stuck there with, but when it comes to survival, I personally would chose Rambo as my mate over Teresa or virtually any pope since the Borgias.
Life as a christian in the USA must be pretty hard. You have my dearest sympathy.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I meant that many scholars believe that this part of the bible was added several centuries after the gospels were originally written.
I know what you meant, and that is exactly what I addressed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Life as a christian in the USA must be pretty hard. You have my dearest sympathy.
Do I? Do I truly have your dearest sympathy?
Or do I have a have a snarky, snide sarcastic remark from you?

My own guess is I have the latter, and not the former.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

On the other hand, people need to stop making excuses because it gets more and more tiring.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
On the other hand, people need to stop making excuses because it gets more and more tiring.
I am not making excuses for Trump, or his supporters.
I am offering my analysis.
Take it or leave it. But before you tell me what I ought to be doing, you have to set yourself up as some kind of moral authority which people might feel obliged to heed.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am not making excuses for Trump, or his supporters.
I am offering my analysis.
Take it or leave it. But before you tell me what I ought to be doing, you have to set yourself up as some kind of moral authority which people might feel obliged to heed.

At this point I am frustrated, we criticized Obama but we give kids gloves to Trump. It's constituency.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
At this point I am frustrated, we criticized Obama but we give kids gloves to Trump. It's constituency.
That is ludicrous. The movement to impeach Trump was well under way even before he assumed office. People were rioting in the streets with his inauguration.
How does that define 'kid's gloves'?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is ludicrous. The movement to impeach Trump was well under way even before he assumed office. People were rioting in the streets with his inauguration.
How does that define 'kid's gloves'?

I am saying us as right wing Christians, and not people who have been doing those stuff on the left. The criticism he needs to hear has to be from his own side, and not the left.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I am saying us as right wing Christians, and not people who have been doing those stuff on the left. The criticism he needs to hear has to be from his own side, and not the left.
Unlike any commentator on the left or centre during the Obama years, there have been a plethora of voices on the right who have, and remain, highly critical of Trump.
Ben Shapiro, Mona Charen, Jonah Goldberg, (even the Bushes at one point) are part of a right wing phenomena that daily hold Trump's feet to the fire and criticize him from a right wing point of view.
These are not small names or nothing little voices from the blogosphere. These are the movers and shakers of the conservatism movement.
As for the preponderance of people on the right, what Trump isn't, isn't Hillary Clinton, isn't a third term of Obama. That alone is enough.

And, for all his character flaws, it is not just a perverse pleasure that others on the right get from holding himself up as a mirror to the left. Millions of women chose to protest his crudity by displaying their vaginas on their heads, and holding up f-bombs on their signs.
That is the kind of gift that keeps on giving, lol. He couldn't have been a better troll if he had planned it.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Just curious Jack, what is making you laugh here?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

But of course -- Americans Christians (via the "Moral Majority")and the Republican party joined forces in the 70s over a political issue (not abortion; something that mattered -- money), and have stumbled hand-in-hand ever since.

• Agree
Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When Jesus told the adulteress to "go and sin no more"; Donald indulges his self-righteous anger on a near constant basis. I don't think his actions are any better or more Christian than his words.

Upvote 0