Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've been thinking about this lately, more than I have in the past. I think it's incredibly easy for us in the West to lose perspective of things - both when we think our political situation is horrible and when we think that everything is fine in the Church.
The fact is, Satan is continuously attacking us and the Church, and we would do well to remember this. Of course, recognizing the darkness in Christendom must also point us to the Light. Things are dim and dark, but the Light of the World illumines us all and will never be overcome.

Thoughts and critiques are welcomed.

Darkness in the Church

Moses Medina

Layman
Sep 10, 2012
North Carolina
Visit site
✟45,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I havent read it yet but I will. I will however inititally start by responding with: absolutely, the evidence is in the overwhelming number of denominations giving in to the masses vs staying faithful to scripture, but then you loom at the African Lutherans who want pure unfiltered doctrine, and currently outnumber all Americans who hold the Lutheran name. The attack by Satan is constant, but thankfully we have our baptism to look forward to, and we repent of our sin and shortcomings, eating bread abd drinking wine we are given grace, we have the word spoken to us you are forgiven, you are my child.

Upvote 0

Moses Medina

Layman
Sep 10, 2012
North Carolina
Visit site
✟45,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Read the article. I didn't realize it was on a large scale but my response still fits. Well worded, looking to the means of Grace, word and sacrament and prayer for the body of Christ is the best we can do. Remain faithful to scripture

Upvote 0