Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which is great for Christians but what about those that actively support and push sin?...like those who want to normalize homosexuality?
When you say 'normalizing' homosexuality, I take you to mean that the homosexual should be scorned to show it as unacceptable behavior. When you say support and push sin, I think you mean to scorn those who do not want to show scorn for homosexual behavior, only now it's in the context of sin. The troubling thing for me is that in the context of sin, we have singled out only one type of sin to scorn. That's hypocrisy since we all have some sin to account for. It's vanity to compare whose sin is worse. For Christ taught that those who were forgiven more, loved the Master more.

The second thing that bothers me even more is the premise that showing such scorn is necessary or you're not a Christian. As if Christianity is teaching somewhere that the fear of scorn is what keeps people from sinning and compels people to righteousness. That's misrepresenting Christ's teachings and matches the behavior of the Pharisees.

And it's not like I can choose to lust after men. Why should I assume a Homosexual can choose to lust after women if only everyone scorns them, and besides that, isn't it still sin even if it's a lust for women?

Then who is to condemn the behavior?.....
The law condemns sin in all it's forms and in all men, as worthy of death. To condemn others using the law is to be under the law and is to also be condemned by the law. We're supposed to point people to Christ who is the means by which we can be delivered from the bondage of the law. Hence the Gospel preaches that his blood was shed so that sins can be forgiven, not so that they can be scorned. As Christians we are obligated to carry our cross also if we are to believe and follow Christ. It's through being crucified with him in the same Spirit that we put to death the lusts of our flesh. Read the words in bold and decide for yourself if they pertain to expressing scorn at the sins of others.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
When you say 'normalizing' homosexuality, I take you to mean that the homosexual should be scorned to show it's unacceptable behavior. When you say support and push sin, I think you mean to scorn those who do not want to show scorn for homosexual behavior, only now it's in the context of sin. The troubling thing for me is that in the context of sin, we have singled out only one type of sin to scorn. That's hypocrisy since we all have some sin to account for. It's vanity to compare whose sin is worse.
Well, you think very wrong....maybe next time you should ask instead of assume. As one Christian to another I challenge you to show me where in Scripture homosexuality should be accepted as normal. Please show me that since as Christians that is how we are supposed to conduct our beliefs. If we don't believe what the Bible tells us then what exactly are we to believe?.....what other men tell us?....what political parties tell us?.....what?
The law condemns sin in all it's forms and in all men, as worthy of death.

The second thing that bothers me even more is the premise that showing such scorn is necessary or you're not a Christian.
That is your premise not mine....never said any such thing.
And it's not like I can choose to lust after men. Why should I assume a Homosexual can choose to lust after women if only everyone scorns them, and besides that, isn't it still sin even if it's a lust for women?
You seem to confuse homosexuals with homosexuality...2 different topics. Go back and read my posts and see what I am talking about.
We don't condemn men....that belongs to God but we can condemn their behavior and actions especially when looked at in a biblical light......You might want to spend time learning the difference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You seem to confuse homosexuals with homosexuality...2 different topics. Go back and read my posts and see what I am talking about.
We don't condemn men....that belongs to God but we can condemn their behavior and actions especially when looked at in a biblical light......You might want to spend time learning the difference.
and the Nazi's didn't slaughter Jewish men....they just slaughtered men who wore yarmulkes

Upvote 0

cappycappy

Mar 30, 2020
Dallas
✟20,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Churches today, particularly evangelical Christian churches, cannot speak for the black community. Many evangelical Christians are racist. Why would a black person feel welcome in their church?
Moreover, why would people who don't vote Republican (of any race) feel welcome in Evangelical christian churches because they are heavily dominated by the Republican party.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Churches today, particularly evangelical Christian churches, cannot speak for the black community.

Why not? There are black-majority churches. Even black-majority Evangelical churches.

• Winner
Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Well, you think very wrong....maybe next time you should ask instead of assume. As one Christian to another I challenge you to show me where in Scripture homosexuality should be accepted as normal. Please show me that since as Christians that is how we are supposed to conduct our beliefs. If we don't believe what the Bible tells us then what exactly are we to believe?.....what other men tell us?....what political parties tell us?.....what?

That is your premise not mine....never said any such thing.

I do not use the Bible to understand the properties of light, the existence of gravity or a globular earth and a solar-centric solar system. I also do not use an ancient book to decide how I will treat people who are a normal part of the human race.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, you think very wrong....maybe next time you should ask instead of assume.
I apologize if I misunderstood you.

noun
noun: homosexual; plural noun: homosexuals

1. a person who is sexually attracted to people of their own sex.

noun
noun: homosexuality; plural noun: homosexualities

1. the quality or characteristic of being sexually attracted solely to people of one's own sex.
No I get it. You're saying that a Christian condemns the characteristic of being sexually attracted to people of one's own sex, but leaves it to God whether to condemn the person who has that characteristic. I feel I covered that in part here: When you say support and push sin, I think you mean to scorn those who do not want to show scorn for homosexual behavior. And also here: "Read the words in bold and decide for yourself if they pertain to expressing scorn at the sins of others".

And these are the words you said that made me think you feel this way:

"there are at least three passages that refer to homosexual activity"

"Then who is to condemn the behavior?"

As one Christian to another I challenge you to show me where in Scripture homosexuality should be accepted as normal.
I'm not really sure what you mean by that. To me, any sinfulness is abnormal since it's corruption of what I would see as normal. Moreover, the carnal mind doesn't discern spiritual things according to scripture. I will say that BLM is talking about being against "heteronormative thinking", qualified as, "the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise)". I myself don't believe everyone is heterosexual unless they come out of the closet and it sounds silly to suggest anyone does. They may be implying they're against the mindset that people can change their sexual orientation, or against a mindset that Homosexuals should try and change their sexual orientation, but frankly I doubt it. It's most likely the secular vernacular expressing the same protection of civil rights as the constitution does.

Please show me that since as Christians that is how we are supposed to conduct our beliefs. If we don't believe what the Bible tells us then what exactly are we to believe?.....what other men tell us?....what political parties tell us?.....what?
Well I personally am going to believe that Homosexuality manifested through the lust of our flesh when God gave us over to un-cleanness to dishonor our bodies as a recompense for the error of not esteeming God as God by worshipping the creature over the Creator though a false imagery of god.

Romans 1: 22-32
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Romans 2:1,
Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
noun
noun: homosexuality; plural noun: homosexualities

1. the quality or characteristic of being sexually attracted solely to people of one's own sex.
homosexuality:
now sometimes offensive, see usage paragraph below : sexual activity with another of the same sex
Merriam-Webster dictionary

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.