"BLM says Biden/Harris have been silent on meeting request"

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://nypost.com/2020/12/11/blm-says-biden-harris-have-been-silent-on-meeting-request/

Black Lives Matter is putting the forthcoming Biden-Harris administration on notice for failing to respond to a meeting request from the group.

The activists say they were also excluded from a Tuesday meeting between the president- and vice president-elect, Louisiana Rep. Cedric Richmond and several civil rights groups.

“On the night of the Biden Harris victory, BLM sent a letter requesting a meeting,” the movement wrote Wednesday on its Instagram.

The post includes a graphic stating “It has been … 32 days since we’ve requested a meeting with Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. We’ve heard no response.”

“Black life cannot wait,” the group said. “Creating thriving conditions for Black communities in the 21st century cannot be put on pause.”

The post continued, “As the organization leading the largest global social justice movement, we demand a seat at the table. To ignore us — and the 64,000 of you who have signed our petition — is to ignore our generation’s most pressing demands for transformative justice. @joebiden @kamalaharris we are waiting.”

BLM called on its 4 million Instagram followers to let the Biden-Harris team “know you’re waiting too.”
Note that it was 32 days since Dec 11. Although it seems understandable that the Biden administration is focusing on their transition to have a meeting, it doesn't explain why they are not even responding to BLM. Is it possible that BLM served its intended purpose and now they are being kicked to the curb? I have also noticed a surprising lack of coverage of anything BLM.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
https://nypost.com/2020/12/11/blm-says-biden-harris-have-been-silent-on-meeting-request/

Note that it was 32 days since Dec 11. Although it seems understandable that the Biden administration is focusing on their transition to have a meeting, it doesn't explain why they are not even responding to BLM. Is it possible that BLM served its intended purpose and now they are being kicked to the curb? I have also noticed a surprising lack of coverage of anything BLM.

Biden actually blames a lot of the movement like "defund the police" that BLM supported with the problems they had with the election as far as loosing seats etc.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biden actually blames a lot of the movement like "defund the police" that BLM supported with the problems they had with the election as far as loosing seats etc.

Yes. But but I feel that many on the left were being played as pawns for political gain.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes. But but I feel that many on the left were being played as pawns for political gain.

Yes I like to listen to some alternative media folks like the Hill and Jimmy Dore and they definitely cover themes like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Left and the Right had their pawns. They have no need for any of us now.

• Agree
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I like to listen to some alternative media folks like the Hill and Jimmy Dore and they definitely cover themes like that.

Yeah...that is another predictable outcome. The left turning on Biden to ultimately have him removed and have Kamala installed in his place. Although I think he will complete his term and loose reelection in 2024.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Well Jimmy Dore actually quotes a lot of people like Chomsky who consider that the Democrats and Republicans are largely on the same side. They more or less only pretend to fight each other for certain elements of their base, but together they get to enjoy the benefits of crony capitalism.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

LOL, are you finally seeing that BLM had no relationship with Biden?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah...that is another predictable outcome. The left turning on Biden to ultimately have him removed and have Kamala installed in his place. Although I think he will complete his term and loose reelection in 2024.
The left doesn’t like Kamala either - she’s a cop!

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL, are you finally seeing that BLM had no relationship with Biden?
Are you finally seeing that nobody really cared about BLM unless it is politically convenient? We talked about this. You and your movement were played.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How? It’s not like the BLM movement helped Biden or the Dems at all.
You did help biden. BLM really thought they were going to address "systemic racism" and "defund the police". But the DNC allowed the BLM to destroy their own cities just so it would improve Bidens's chances. Now that biden is elected, BLM is chop suy. Like I told you was going to happen months ago. Nobody is talking about Trayvon Martin now, an nobody is talking about George Floyd now. Brother, when you are tired of being the pawn of the liberal left, just let me know.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you finally seeing that nobody really cared about BLM unless it is politically convenient? We talked about this. You and your movement were played.
You still haven’t explained who it was politically expedient for. BLM didn’t campaign for Biden or any local politicians in my state, so how were we played? Played for what?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You did help biden. BLM really thought they were going to address "systemic racism" and "defund the police". But the DNC allowed the BLM to destroy their own cities just so it would improve Bidens's chances. Now that biden is elected, BLM is chop suy. Like I told you was going to happen months ago. Nobody is talking about Trayvon Martin now, an nobody is talking about George Floyd now. Brother, when you are tired of being the pawn of the liberal left, just let me know.
None of that helped Biden. The BLM movement was smeared, we saw it daily here on CF. The BLM didn’t “help” Democrats at all. That’s an odd claim to make, as so many ppl here were saying that BLM was hurting Democrats’ chances in the election. I can assure you that no one leading BLM actions and organizing in my state was concerned about getting support or derision from politicians on the national level. That was never a part of the movement.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You still haven’t explained who it was politically expedient for. BLM didn’t campaign for Biden or any local politicians in my state, so how were we played? Played for what?
The purpose of BLM was to cause turmoil so democrats can pin the blame on trump. Who benefited? Biden and the local politicians you didn't campaign for who played you and your movement like a fiddle. Before the end of Biden's first term, people won't remember George Floyd.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have to explain the lesser of two evils principle? It’s pretty simple. I would have voted for a ham sandwich to get Trump out!
Even though her and Biden are directly responsible for much of the incarceration of our black brothers and sister? So it appears that you have abandoned BLM too.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can assure you that no one leading BLM actions and organizing in my state was concerned about getting support or derision from politicians on the national level. That was never a part of the movement.
Did you not read the article in the OP? That is what is happening now. BLM are butt hurt because Biden won't return their calls. And why are they calling? Because they want his support. Did they ever seek support from Trump? No.

Last edited:
Upvote 0