BLM Protests Cop's Wedding

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Which I acknowledged...do you need me to start quoting myself now?

More accurate I'd say.

Still not seeing how BLM's actions resemble a lynch mob...

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Still not seeing how BLM's actions resemble a lynch mob...

"The group of citizens getting together to enact some form of extrajudicial justice upon a person who they suspect is guilty of a crime" part.

You know, one of the two parts essential for a lynch mob.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
"The group of citizens getting together to enact some form of extrajudicial justice upon a person who they suspect is guilty of a crime" part.

You know, one of the two parts essential for a lynch mob.

But it's still not a lynch mob -- you yourself agreed (when it was convenient for you to do so) that you need both parts...

"Essential," remember? Feel free to actually look the word up.

Why would you call it a lynch mob knowing it didn't fit your own description of one?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
But it's still not a lynch mob -- you yourself agreed (when it was convenient for you to do so) that you need both parts...

"Essential," remember? Feel free to actually look the word up.

Why would you call it a lynch mob knowing it didn't fit your own description of one?

It's an analogy...ever heard of those? Here's what I said...

"The problem is this sort of thing looks like a softer, less violent version of a lynch mob."

See those words I bolded there? They make it clear that I'm not saying "this is a lynch mob" to anyone who understands the English language.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's an analogy...ever heard of those? Here's what I said...

"The problem is this sort of thing looks like a softer, less violent version of a lynch mob."

See those words I bolded there? They make it clear that I'm not saying "this is a lynch mob" to anyone who understands the English language.

What makes it look like a lynch mob?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
See post #122....I'm tired of repeating myself. You've run out of places to go with this, so you're just turning in circles.

That's it? That's your sole criteria for deciding what does or doesn't look like a lynch mob?

Does this look like a lynch mob to you?

MLKMarch.jpeg

or this?

SirPaulmarch.jpg

How about this?

pHat protest.jpg

All of these people sought justice for a (real or imagined) wrong, and none of them expected the courts to be of any help...

They look like lynch mobs, but the kids who strung up an 8-year old don't... got it.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's it? That's your sole criteria for deciding what does or doesn't look like a lynch mob?

Does this look like a lynch mob to you?

View attachment 239065

or this?

View attachment 239066
How about this?

View attachment 239067

All of these people sought justice for a (real or imagined) wrong, and none of them expected the courts to be of any help...

Those pictures are of people protesting one thing or another....they aren't seeking justice against a person. Massive difference...and one that's hard to believe you missed.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Those pictures are of people protesting one thing or another....they aren't seeking justice against a person. Massive difference...and one that's hard to believe you missed.

Oh, but that are protesting against people -- at least the first and third. Or are "Bull" Conner and Donald Trump no longer people?

The second one's a little more nebulous, I grant you -- more against gun violence in general than the people who enable it, but still, let's not be pedantic. If one doesn't need a single violent thought to look like a lynch mob, as you claim, one doesn't need a single person to be responsible for their perceived injustice, either.

But BLM, and only BLM, still looks like a lynch mob to you, because... reasons.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, but that are protesting against people -- at least the first and third. Or are "Bull" Conner and Donald Trump no longer people?

And how were those protests an attempt at extrajudicial justice against "Bull" Connor? What exactly did they do to him?

If the third one was the Women's March...you're only kidding yourself there. I couldn't find any consistent reason for it other than selfies and patting themselves on the back.

The second one's a little more nebulous, I grant you -- more against gun violence in general than the people who enable it, but still, let's not be pedantic. If one doesn't need a single violent thought to look like a lynch mob, as you claim, one doesn't need a single person to be responsible for their perceived injustice, either.

You can't lynch a system, law, or the status quo.

You're sadly trying to blur the lines here at some attempt at salvaging your earlier argument. Sorry, not happening.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And how were those protests an attempt at extrajudicial justice against "Bull" Connor? What exactly did they do to him?

What exactly did BLM do to that officer at his wedding?

If the third one was the Women's March...you're only kidding yourself there. I couldn't find any consistent reason for it other than selfies and patting themselves on the back.

Unfortunately, the only way I could demonstate how wrong you are would be to post the numerous anti-Donald signs.... none of which I could find that would make it past the profanity filter.

It fit your same "standards" for looking like a lynch mob as BLM.... but for some reason, you make excuses for them... wonder why?

You can't lynch a system, law, or the status quo.

You're sadly trying to blur the lines here at some attempt at salvaging your earlier argument. Sorry, not happening.

The cop didn't get lynched, ergo, there was no attempt at extrajudicial justice. BLM only looked like a lynch mob to you because they frightened you... wonder why?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What exactly did BLM do to that officer at his wedding?

You mean...other than try to ruin his wedding?

Unfortunately, the only way I could demonstate...*snip*.

You could go straight to their website and see what their "purpose" is...

"The mission of Women’s March is to harness the political power of diverse women and their communities to create transformative social change. Women’s March is a women-led movement providing intersectional education on a diverse range of issues and creating entry points for new grassroots activists & organizers to engage in their local communities through trainings, outreach programs and events. Women’s March is committed to dismantling systems of oppression through nonviolent resistance and building inclusive structures guided by self-determination, dignity and respect."

And that....as they say, is that.

It fit your same "standards" for looking like a lynch mob as BLM.... but for some reason, you make excuses for them... wonder why?

Except it doesn't...not even remotely.

The cop didn't get lynched, ergo, there was no attempt at extrajudicial justice. BLM only looked like a lynch mob to you because they frightened you... wonder why?

I'll just dismiss this for the nonsense it is.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

In typical lynch mob fashion?

You could go straight to their website and see what their "purpose" is...

"The mission of Women’s March is to harness the political power of diverse women and their communities to create transformative social change. Women’s March is a women-led movement providing intersectional education on a diverse range of issues and creating entry points for new grassroots activists & organizers to engage in their local communities through trainings, outreach programs and events. Women’s March is committed to dismantling systems of oppression through nonviolent resistance and building inclusive structures guided by self-determination, dignity and respect."

And that....as they say, is that.

I keep forgetting that you expect lynch mobs to honestly and explicitly announce their intentions...

...unless its BLM, because... reasons

Except it doesn't...not even remotely.

Right... all that blather about extrajudicial justice was, as expected, a smokescreen.

I'll just dismiss this for the nonsense it is.

I expected no more.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In typical lynch mob fashion?

Once again...

I keep forgetting that you expect lynch mobs to honestly and explicitly announce their intentions...

You believe the leaders of the Women's March lied about why they were protesting?

...unless its BLM, because... reasons

They admitted the whole purpose of this was to intimidate a man they believe guilty of a crime he hasn't been convicted of.

Right... all that blather about extrajudicial justice was, as expected, a smokescreen.

It's not my fault you chose a poor example then tried to pretend it was a good example by making things up. You could've just looked up the purpose of the march yourself.

I expected no more.

Sadly, I did expect more.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Once again...

atypical lynch mob fashion, then.... still your view of lynch mob justice says more about your fears than anything else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
atypical lynch mob fashion, then.... still your view of lynch mob justice says more about your fears than anything else.

Lol what does it say about "my fears"?

If you're going to insult me at least have the guts to come out and say what you mean.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Lol what does it say about "my fears"?

If you're going to insult me at least have the guts to come out and say what you mean.

No insult intended -- clearly you find BLM a lot more intimidating than the woman's march -- in spite of them both seeinking extrajudicial justice against someone they believe has done them wrong.

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

Like I said, cry me a river.

The OP asked whether it was an effective means of BLM protest for a black man to picket the wedding of a cop who killed an unarmed black man. Clearly, we see people are more concerned about the poor white cop having his wedding disturbed over the murder he committed, than they are of the life of the black man who actually died. Dismissing video blatantly showing the murder, while trumping up charges of "emotional distress", "inciting violence", blah blah blah...against the black man, who...apparently...the presence of a black man at someone's wedding makes some people uncomfortable.

So no: Black Lives in fact still do NOT matter. People's minds remain unchanged. Thus, his protest was ineffective. Thank you for answering the OP's question.

Upvote 0