Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
who did she rob or oppresses ?
It's the system she speaks against that she seems to have no problem benifiting from. These are her labels not mine, I'm only accusing here of living inconsistent to her message.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
How does owning multiple homes suggest any kind of belief about policing?

I was talking about a particular home in a particular area - and I explained in post #49 what that suggest about how she views the police.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
How does owning multiple homes suggest any kind of belief about policing?

I was talking about a particular home in a particular area - and I explained in post #49 what that suggest about how she views the police.

#49?[/QUOTE]
This is the type of neighborhood where people are quick to call the police when something seems out of place.

Oh, you’re familiar with the area, are ya?
What’s the crime rates like?
How’re the schools?

Obviously she doesn't think the police are dangerous to her because she's black.

Nice non sequitur!
Of course, people who are truly afraid of the police don't flagrantly flout the law the way BLM activists generally do. They like to call themselves oppressed, but in reality they're spoiled children.

Do you think that she’s going to have “loud parties” too?

How’re the roads over there? Well lit?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Having driven through and hiked a lot of Topanga Canyon, I can assure you there is not a strong police presence there. Here's the crime report for June 2020 during the height of the rioting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Evil? corrupt? How judgemental, she bought a nice house for her family for pete’s sake.

It’s quite amusing to see the Christians here falling over themselves to call someone out for hypocrisy for not acting according to the values they espouse.

I was under the impression that the bible taught that you weren’t to judge others?

Who is more hypocritical I wonder? A Marxist for buying themselves an expensive house, or a Christian publicly judging others, from a position of ignorance of their circumstances?

It’s a head scratcher!

a person who cares strongly for a movement would not buy a home worth millions with the money that is supposed to be used for the movement. this applies universally and thus I also hate upon certain rich Christians too because I want to be impartial and I don't like swindlers even if there is a little bit of a swindler in all of us.

as for judgment, I interpret that verse as a spiritual practice of mindfulness and in interpretation of scriptures and in trying to get a better view of God by dependence on him rather than the self for an understanding of him. it is only in the most shallow sense that this rule of judgment of others applies in the most literal of ways. it is a rule for some in some cases on that level, especially when being applied to the unwise who would no doubt fail in making a decent judgment. by merely two beings existing they judge one another because they are are each what they are, so no one can fully escape from judgments.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
a person who cares strongly for a movement would not buy a home worth millions with the money that is supposed to be used for the movement. this applies universally and thus I also hate upon certain rich Christians too because I want to be impartial and I don't like swindlers even if there is a little bit of a swindler in all of us.

True, there’s no evidence that suggests she did this though.

as for judgment, I interpret that verse as a spiritual practice of mindfulness and in interpretation of scriptures and in trying to get a better view of God by dependence on him rather than the self for an understanding of him. it is only in the most shallow sense that this rule of judgment of others applies in the most literal of ways. it is a rule for some in some cases on that level, especially when being applied to the unwise who would no doubt fail in making a decent judgment. by merely two beings existing they judge one another because they are are each what they are, so no one can fully escape from judgments.

Fair enough, I can see that you have obviously given more thought to those passages than I have.

But you can’t resist implying some sort of “swindle” and saying that the money should be used for the movement. Her personal income has been mentioned in the couple of threads about her, nothing suggests anything morally dubious, all we have are cynical insinuation fro people who don’t like BLM.

Do any other senior figures from international organisations or charities suffer from this nonsense?

Have a look at these figures

CEO compensation among charities in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

Are these guys hypocrites, swindlers or conmen?

Polly Neate earns £120000 a year from the UKs largest homeless charity... Hypocrite! She should work for nothing and give her salary out to homeless people! She lives in a nice house? Hypocrite! She should give up her home and live in a shop doorway with her family! What a con woman, exploiting and profiting off those poor homeless people she professes to help!

It’s clearly nonsense, let’s not pretend this whole sorry thread is anything other than just a weak excuse to badmouth someone because they are on the other political “side”. Never mind the facts.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But you can’t resist implying some sort of “swindle” and saying that the money should be used for the movement. Her personal income has been mentioned in the couple of threads about her, nothing suggests anything morally dubious, all we have are cynical insinuation fro people who don’t like BLM.

Do any other senior figures from international organisations or charities suffer from this nonsense?

Have a look at these figures

CEO compensation among charities in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

Are these guys hypocrites, swindlers or conmen?

Polly Neate earns £120000 a year from the UKs largest homeless charity... Hypocrite! She should work for nothing and give her salary out to homeless people! She lives in a nice house? Hypocrite! She should give up her home and live in a shop doorway with her family! What a con woman, exploiting and profiting off those poor homeless people she professes to help!

It’s clearly nonsense, let’s not pretend this whole sorry thread is anything other than just a weak excuse to badmouth someone because they are on the other political “side”. Never mind the facts.

I can survive on a lot less money. if an organization of helping homeless can be better than it is then why would someone complain about that? I doubt there is any one reason why something such as this complex topic takes place. it would take me too much effort to fully judge most situations and come to the utmost of perfect judgments... when in reality a person has to act either better or worse themselves to fulfill morality.

and besides it's not like I can really do anything about most things that occur that I don't like. so by not liking things I am training myself to try to not be like what I do not like. i'm also trying to broadcast a morality that I approve of which is probably something most humans do due to being social creatures.

i'm not personally attacking these persons, only an image of them that I have. if I knew she was using her own money or a reasonable amount of the BLM money for herself then I would not be bothered. if she is abusing people she claims to help, then I don't like it.

since you are an atheist, for you there are probably not as many consequences as to the nature of a persons "soul" nor as to their "karma" as there is for someone like me who thinks we endure for much longer than the transient humors that our flesh often operates in. our moral systems will thus differ to an unknown degree. I don't know if that lady who takes £120000 is damaging her soul or not but I would fear I would be damaging my soul if I did that. but I already favor minimalism. I favor less effort in the world and simpler lives. too much competition in the economy sometimes means higher prices for things. the next thing you know one has to work 40 years in order to own a home... rather than 1 year, which would be much more preferable. so perhaps in part the ladies need to have so much money is her own fears and the rest of society and also the economy and the way the government is designed and the vanity of many people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0