Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Calling all Hikers, Trekkers, Ramblers, Walkers, or anyone who just enjoys putting one foot in front of another :)

Thought I'd create a thread for us to congregate in, chat about where we have walked, where we are planning to walk, or where we would like to walk :thumbsup:

A place to talk about walking gear, problems with footpaths, ask questions, get and impart advice.....basically anything and everything walking related.

It's an open invite to everyone, from those who walk the dog a couple of miles, to those who call a 25 mile slog over the hill relaxing:)

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I've got 2 Long Distance walks (LDW's) planned for this year.

The Yorkshire Wolds Way, which we do in a couple of weeks time, is 79 miles, and we plan on doing that over 4 days.

Then, in September, we are doing the famous Coast 2 Coast. 192 miles across Britain over 12 days :)

That will be my biggest walk to date, so looking forward to it, and hoping my fitness levels will be up to it.

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm going to Yorkshire for a few days to do some walking in a couple of weeks.

Hope you get the weather :) Glorious up there when it's nice.

Couple of suggestions for you.

Park at Ribblehead, then follow Yorkshire 3 peaks route over Whernside and to the top of Inglebrough. Then, instead of following the Y3P walkers back to Horton, take the pathe from Inglebrough summit that takes you over Simon Fell and Park Fell, back to Ribblehead.

Nice circular walk of about 14 miles. Nice meal and some good real ales in the Station Inn when you have finished too. You can stay there B&B if you wish or they also have a bunk barn, which is basic, but cheap :)

Another good walk I'd recommend would be Crummockdale and Norber Ridge. A lovely, and fairly easy days walk that can be done after a tougher day like the one above.

I really envy you getting up there. I'm doing Y3P again next year so will be up there a few times tween now and then to get some hill work done:)

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Enjoy your hike .. I don't think I'll get a long hike in this year. Might have to wait till I retire.

Yorkshire Wolds way was ok, apart from one very nasty blister which was uber hurty by the finish. Did the Coast to Coast a few weeks ago too.

It was amazing. Hard work but amazing. Weather very kind. Rained only 2 days out of 12 :)

St Cuthberts Way (62 miles) next year, and a prelude to our 'big one' which will be West Highland way and the Great Glen Way (day off in Fort William in the middle). A total of about 170 miles, give or take.

The WHW/GGW walk is hoped but not set in stone. If that can't happen (because planning walk like this when all the walkers are on different shift rota's is a nightmare) then might opt for an easy ramble along the Peddlars way and the North Norfolk Way (about 95 miles the two of them I believe) but pretty much hill free.

Upvote 0