Blew my top badly today.....

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been doing really good at controlling any anger I have and controlling my vile swearing tongue. I mean I slip sometimes but its not often, which I am glad to see I am doing better. But today I lost control. Went to see a movie with my wife and mom. Got there on time, got in the theater room and then my wife decided to have me get popcorn last second. I told her she could get it if she wanted it because she knows I hate missing the start of a movie. She sort of had this "Forget about it!" face on her. So I swore to myself (in my head) and as as I left the theater room and headed to the lobby I swore again.

Then as I stood in line I seen my watch and the movie had just started. I swore again. My mother came out to see why it was taking so long. By this point it had been 5 minutes and the group in front of me had 7 people. So they were taking forever. When my mom walked over I said I was so upset I had to get food last second.

Well after another minute two elderly women complained to someone behind the counter and asked to have someone help them so they didn't have to wait in line. When I seen they got help I swore yet again (under my breath again) and thought how selfish of them to basically complain just to get helped sooner. I'm not going to use my disability or any excuse to force to be served sooner.

My mom told me we could just skip the food. But I didn't want to hear my wife complain if I didn't get it. Anyways I was almost to the food at this point. Well after another minute the elderly women were done and I went behind them since the guy let another couple go next (apparently he opened the line to anyone). Well as I got to the line this woman from the group that was in front of me before stomps up RIGHT next to me at the counter and as the guy is asking what I want the womans like "How much is your skittles man?". I roll my eyes and tell the guy what I want. He tried to ignore her of course since she was being rude and not in line.

At this point I swore in my head again and very upset. The lady kept on going on and on and on despite the fact we were at the counter. She then complained about "How can there be $1 extra for it from tax?". I told my mom "If she doens't be quiet and get in line I'm going to get the cop!" (there was a cop at the main desk). As I try to pay the guy the lady is still arguing with him while her friends are like "Oh ask about this!" and "Also get this item too!".

We finally get into the movie (total time passed was about 13 minutes) and when I say down my wife asked why it took so long. I told her "I don't want to talk about.". She could tell I was upset. She asked if I was. I told her I was but most of my annoyance came from people in line and how long it took. She apologized for asking for food. I forgave her and said I was sorry for being grumpy and it wasn't the end of the world. I then prayed to myself for forgiveness for disappointing God with such a attitude I had.

I realize I'm always improving of course, still there are times when you slip badly and your like "Is this the real me? Am I even a good christian?" or "Does my wife deserve someone like me who isn't perfect?".

No real point to this post except just to talk about my frustration with myself today. I will say I never buy food or drink at a theater because its just a crazy price and the lines are always bad. My wife though thinks you need popcorn/snack and a drink when you watch a movie. I guess some people are like that. I never understood it. But to each their own.

Last edited:

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Im glad you came foward, let's pray in agreement to control our anger.
I sell Flooring,and it seems like people are so greedy they look for ways to take advantage.
I have had a lady who drinks then harasses me over how long a job has taken.
She canceled her permits and pulled her own, and caused the delay herself.
When my worker finished the job, she would not pay.
She said I was to come myself and get the final payment.
Ok so I said fine ,but no she wanted me there 11/2 hours later.
So irritated I had finished my day and had to wait a hour and a half to go.
Well the job was beautiful, but it was Miller time so she started the same rant about how she was held back.
I lost it, I know she said she would keep the thousand dollars and ruin me.
Yep lost it .
Called her a name on way out the door left rubber in her drive.
I had been praying earlier , felt so good only to be goaded into a carnal state.
I repented , but I pray for my ability for others to see Christ in me, even if they are drunk.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are all only human, eh? I find the Jesus Prayer: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner to be extremely helpful when repeated internally several (sometimes many) times in those situations where my irritation and or anger meter is rising rapidly. Well done to both posters for recognising, regretting and repenting, that is the surely the difference in nature that the Holy Spirit gives us.

Upvote 0

live4Christ2016

Apr 22, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
✟16,335.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My neighbor is so nasty to us that I've had visions of grabbing her when she is out working in her yard and slapping her in the face and knocking her to the ground. I've tried for so many years to be nice to this woman, but she complains about everything under the son and complained to the council about my dog barking and he is an indoor dog. Only a puppy and barks at noises. I literally have yelled at her over the fence telling her to shutup and I can't stand her.
I know I shouldn't be horrible to her, but I've had enough.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was waiting for the part where you yelled at someone. It sounds like you just spoke with a grumpy tone. What is the price of a tub of popcorn at a movie theater in the US these days? Is it $50?
True. I didn't really yell at anyone, I try not to do that. Well if your not using a special deal, a large popcorn and large drink in total cost $13.25. Popcorn is like $7.75, drink is like $5.50

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
My neighbor is so nasty to us that I've had visions of grabbing her when she is out working in her yard and slapping her in the face and knocking her to the ground. I've tried for so many years to be nice to this woman, but she complains about everything under the son and complained to the council about my dog barking and he is an indoor dog. Only a puppy and barks at noises. I literally have yelled at her over the fence telling her to shutup and I can't stand her.
I know I shouldn't be horrible to her, but I've had enough.

Praying you find peace with her.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

OK Jeff

Jan 19, 2017
NA
✟63,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had an incident a few months back st a restaurant. The waiter brought my 7 year old son a full sized glass, filled to the rim. I saw a problem on the horizon yet didn’t say or do anything. As expected, within two minutes I was wearing his root beer. I jumped onto the waiter, the busboy, and everyone else working there. The wife was quiet the rest of the night and the next morning. My behavior was bothering me as well. So i called the place as soon as they opened and apologized for my behavior. The manager was silent for a long time then said in 25 years, many people had behaved as I had. But not one had ever called back and apologized. She thanked me and assured me the ones who needed to hear it would as soon as they arrived a huge weight is lifted by simply owning it (rather than justifying) and making as right as you can.
I'm so glad I repented, and forgave this lady.
She paid the 1000 dollars and a peace has come over my life.
I actually have my sense of humor back.
I know that praying in agreement is a great thing to do.

Reactions: Gwen-is-new!
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I had an incident a few months back st a restaurant. The waiter brought my 7 year old son a full sized glass, filled to the rim. I saw a problem on the horizon yet didn’t say or do anything. As expected, within two minutes I was wearing his root beer. I jumped onto the waiter, the busboy, and everyone else working there. The wife was quiet the rest of the night and the next morning. My behavior was bothering me as well. So i called the place as soon as they opened and apologized for my behavior. The manager was silent for a long time then said in 25 years, many people had behaved as I had. But not one had ever called back and apologized. She thanked me and assured me the ones who needed to hear it would as soon as they arrived a huge weight is lifted by simply owning it (rather than justifying) and making as right as you can.

Bless God, your testimony is a is a mighty witness for so many , caught up in the flesh.
Many do not tell who we have offended that we apologize, so their hope in others is smothered in bitterness.
This is how the root of bitterness springs up into others ,it is why we have become bitter at times.
God is showing every one who will receive it , to let others see Christ in us.
God Bless

• Agree
Reactions: OK Jeff
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Years ago I blew up at a very irritating man.
What he was doing was on purpose, and after asking him 3 times to stop
He became more arrogant.
This is hard for me to tell.
I weigh 260 pounds and lift weights ,he is 5ft 9 or so and I am 6 ft 2.
He walked up to me and insulted me , as if he was enjoying it.
I was stressed and working, and threatened him.
He started to cry ,right there in front of others.
I have gone to him at least 4 times and apologized.
I repented that day as well.
He will not forgive me , he would not acknowledge my asking him to forgive me.
Often it seems people are under the influence of the world, when they provoke us the devil gets what he was looking for.
We are not under any more bondage, because if Satan can keep you in such a state every time you see the person he has won.
The World and those who serve the God of this World may never forgive you ,
I thank God Christ has forgiven me.
So now I do not seek his forgiveness it's up to God to deal with his heart.

Upvote 0

OK Jeff

Jan 19, 2017
NA
✟63,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bless God, your testimony is a is a mighty witness for so many , caught up in the flesh.
Many do not tell who we have offended that we apologize, so their hope in others is smothered in bitterness.
This is how the root of bitterness springs up into others ,it is why we have become bitter at times.
God is showing every one who will receive it , to let others see Christ in us.
God Bless
I think it’s the best witness we can be to make a mistake and own it. To admit our fault and apologize. That’s relatable to the world. And it felt so good to just own it.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0