Prayer Warrior
Nov 3, 2002
✟17,070.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by GraftMeIn
lol Gerry and thanks! But I better let you know, I like my sandals! Aren't they what Jesus wore? :D Maybe I'll upgrade some of my other armor and find some others to bless on the way!

Get the angel shield. Here are some blessings to allow you to do so.

Aaron

Upvote 0
Originally posted by aaron
I too have a question if you don't mind.

Where in the Bible does it mention what will not be forgiven? And, what is it?

Boy am I glad this question came up.  In Matthew 13:31,  Jesus said "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men."

The reason I'm so excited about this is because, in my opinion, blasphemy against God is the one sin that cannot be forgiven because it is the one sin that cannot be committed.

Blasphemy means to speak ill of someone when one knows the truth about the one being spoken against.

Therefore, to speak ill of God (Holy Ghost) when one knows the truth about God is an impossibility. Because, to know God is to love God.  When a man speaks ill of God, it is proof that the speaker does not know God.  Therefore, blasphemy does not apply.  The guy's too ignorant of God to blaspheme against Him.

Therefore, to someone who speaks ill of God, I would not say to him that he blasphemes, I'd just say to him that he's ignorant.

Upvote 0

aaron

Prayer Warrior
Nov 3, 2002
✟17,070.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That is very interesting thank you.

I looked up the definition of the word blasphemy and got:

blas·phe·my [blásf?mee] (plural blas·phe·mies) noun
1. disrespect for religion: disrespect for God or sacred things
2. something showing disrespect for religion: something done or said that shows disrespect for God or sacred things

Encarta® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1999,2000 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.

please post a follow up. Thanks
Aaron

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Originally posted by aaron
That is very interesting thank you.

I looked up the definition of the word blasphemy and got:

blas·phe·my [blásf?mee] (plural blas·phe·mies) noun
1. disrespect for religion: disrespect for God or sacred things
2. something showing disrespect for religion: something done or said that shows disrespect for God or sacred things

Encarta® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1999,2000 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.

please post a follow up. Thanks
Aaron

This is how I got it, Aaron:  A sin is a conscious and deliberate act to cause harm.  That's what I've discovered is the succinct way of putting the definition of 'sin' from my research.  One cannot sin if one is unaware.  This statement is upheld by the Catholic Church herself in her stand regarding those who are unaware of the doctrine of Christianity. 

If blasphemy is a sin, then it must be that the person who commits blasphemy knows the truth and is speaking ill of a person when he KNOWS that what he's saying is not the truth, and intends to cause harm to the person of whom he speaks.  

When a person knows God, in my opinion, based on what I've learned about God, it's an impossibility to try to cause harm to God when one knows the truth about God.  Therefore, the folks who go around speaking ill of God don't know Him and are not aware of the implications of what they're doing. 

Upvote 0

aaron

Prayer Warrior
Nov 3, 2002
✟17,070.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ok. I see where you are coming from. I looked up the definition of sin and it basically said exactly what you said. I never would have seen that without you mentioning it. Thanks.

sin1 [sin] noun (plural sins)
1.transgression of theological principles: an act, a thought, or behavior that goes against the law or teachings of a particular religion, especially when the person who commits it is aware of this
2.shameful offense: something that offends a moral or ethical principle
3.estrangement from God: in Christian theology, the condition of being denied God’s grace because of a sin or sins committed

intransitive verb (past sinned, past participle sinned, present participle sin·ning, 3rd person present singular sins)
1. knowingly do wrong: to commit a sin, especially by knowingly violating a law or the teachings of a particular religion
2. commit shameful offense: to commit any serious moral or ethical offense

Upvote 0
Thanks, Aaron.

Eye-opener, isn't it, when one takes the time to sloooooowwww down to reflect on what something means?

Sure helps. 

Can you imagine how many people are out there in the world, doing their very best to be good, and fearing to the point of tribulation that they cannot be good because they may be sinning and not knowing it?

Goofy!!

Upvote 0