Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,119.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We had a rather special feast day today, as our new Archbishop was enthroned, taking the place of Archbishop Stylianos who recently passed away.
God grant many years to HH Macarios, Archbishop to the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia.

Upvote 0

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lord have mercy - we only had 4-5 people today but it was a very nice service.

We had this issue before, with the priest having to be away, and typically we just read the Akathist of the feast and sing the kontakions/troparia, and even the 3rd hour readings, I think. Just a thought you could do in the future if needed.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lord have mercy - we only had 4-5 people today but it was a very nice service.

We had this issue before, with the priest having to be away, and typically we just read the Akathist of the feast and sing the kontakions/troparia, and even the 3rd hour readings, I think. Just a thought you could do in the future if needed.
That would be a good idea, thanks. I hope we don't have many times it would be necessary. There IS quite a bit going on with the Metroplis and the Archdiocese.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
We had a nice Liturgy this morning. There weren’t that many of our own parishioners but some folks from a nearby parish attended because their priest was out of town. Their Deacon even served as the deacon because our own Deacon couldn’t be there.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Blessed feast! Today is also a special day for us since it is our parish’s 15 year anniversary!
I hope you enjoy meeting with your community today!!! :)

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0